Dear CEO of Royal Carribean...

Royal Caribbean sails to almost every Caribbean island...we know because we have done it.

To sail to other islands you just have to find a Royal Caribbean ship that goes there AND BE WILLING to fly to the embarkation port.

There are many ships out there and there are not enough islands for them all to have exclusive access on a given day.

As far as Canadian money....it is no different than having to convert money to visit European countries...it is what it is.

Telling CC people not to respond to your post is a mistake...if you only want a response from the CEO then write him a private email or letter.

I am Canadian and I 100% agree with all of beachnative's points.

Cruise the Caribbean out of Florida, San Juan, and Galveston. You can experience many different islands. My five most recent Caribbean cruises stopped at 17 different ports. All were 7 night cruises.

You could book the Harmony President's cruise in 3 months and ask Mr Bayley in person these questions as he will be on the ship.. He was very approachable and open to conversation on the last President's Caribbean cruise. :) :cool:

Dear CEO of Royal Carribean....

1) Why are we always visiting the same ports in the Carribean? After my 5th cruise, I am really tempted to try a new cruise line to discover new ports.

1) Disney does NOT offer a reduced price for Canadians. There may be a separate website that prices in CDN but those prices still reflect the currency differences and YES, the same Disney cruise DOES cost more in CDN than it does in USD simply due to the exchange rate.

Thank you for that. I’ve bet heard a Canadian on the dcl threads talking about some at par amount they are spending. So that made absolutely no sense.

And...currency values change! When I went on my honeymoon in 2003 it was flip flopped. Canadians were having a great time with the value, and it was more expensive for us. We had to stop going to Vancouver for awhile bc of it.

1) Why are we always visiting the same ports in the Carribean? After my 5th cruise, I am really tempted to try a new cruise line to discover new ports.

Error - sorry no comments.

I started this thread to put suggestions so RCC can read it and take action on it. (and yes, RCC read Cruise Critic)

I've asked specifically not to answer/explain/comment the suggestions for RCC, as I want them to answer.

However, instead of posting suggestions, everybody is giving their opinions, to explain why it it this way and why it should not be the other way, basically ruining the purpose of this thread.

So please, once again, post only suggestions in this thread.

No comment, no opinion, no explanations, only suggestions.

Thanks!

I think all of your points are ridiculous and nothing RCI can or should change!:rolleyes:

Rather than to write to RCL's CEO, why don't you complain to your country's CEO as to why the C$ is so weak. Since you've elected Trudeau and represents the Canadian peoples, maybe he'll respond back.

These message boards are open to the public. You don't get to dictate who posts and what they post here. I was going to comment further but your attitude has shown me that it would probably be in vain anyway.

I hope you find peace and joy in life, and realize that you don't always get what you want.

You get what you need. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am kind of curious of why you feel other lines will visit any different ports. They all go to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, San Juan, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Bermuda and Nassau. I see these exact same ports across Royal, Carnival, Princess, Disney, NCL, MSC. They are pretty much the standard. If you seek different ports you either need to seek longer cruises than 7 days, or seek those which are a Southern Itinerary and generally leave from somewhere other than Florida. I do believe Royal has the potential of other stops, but you have to look at where the ships leave from.

Carnival does offer what they call Journeys cruises, which goes to places like Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts, Barbados.

Personally we cruise more to experience the different ships now, rather than the ports. I am pretty sick of the main stops, and we often stay onboard. I still like the cruise experience, but more for the ship being at sea. I would do a cruise that had no port stops and floated in the sea for a week (and I have done a 7 day Transatlantic, with no port stops - cruise was fantastic).

Otherwise seek places like Canada, Europe, Alaska, Panama Canal cruises for something a bit different. We mostly just continue to do the Caribbean based on price and the ability to just get away from work for a week.

You could book the Harmony President's cruise in 3 months and ask Mr Bayley in person these questions as he will be on the ship.. He was very approachable and open to conversation on the last President's Caribbean cruise. :) :cool:

Emmy for the win!:D

To OP:

I'm going to suggest that you look at NCL. Many of the itineraries will be similar to RCI but their Western itineraries often feature Honduras and Belize so that could be something new for you to explore. They do occasionally offer "Canada at Par" promotions where you can pay a reduced fare in USD that would be the equivalent of paying in CDN dollars. Note that you cannot combine this promotion with their ever-present "Free At Sea" promo.

It is frustrating to have the cruise bug but have your money worth less, not to mention the high cost of air fare to get to a southern departure port (we were going to cruise out of Miami this coming December but air from Toronto to Miami for four was almost $2400 so we switched to a cruise out of NYC that we can drive to.)

There has only been once in my lifetime that our dollar has been at par and for a few days, above par, with the US dollar. It makes it more expensive for us to travel in the States and purchase vacations in USD. You have to decide if the cost inclusive of the exchange is worth it for the vacation and save accordingly. As other posters have mentioned, it is what it is.

For what it's worth, many of the Americans we chatted with during our recent British Isles cruise could not believe the amount of sales and income taxes that we pay so cannot further appreciate how we generally have less disposable income to begin with, before factoring in the exchange as well.

I hope that you manage to find a way to continue to enjoy cruising.

So please, once again, post only suggestions in this thread.

i suggest rather than posting in an open forum which is meant for discussion, you send your comments directly to Bayley or Fain and don't get bent out of shape for not understanding the purpose of these boards

I started this thread to put suggestions so RCC can read it and take action on it.

Where do you ask questions you would like your doctor to answer? ... WebMD?

Hi OP,

In my opinion it is because they are making good money as a corporation.

The Caribbean ships sail full most of the time so why would they change things that are working well for them?

As has been stated here, there are other cruises that sail to different places but those cruise are not what they call the 'bread & butter' cruises. The current business plan brings in new cruisers too.

Most cruisers that want to see other places do their research and see what works for them; it really is the next step in cruising, seeing more of the world.

Your question is not new but RCCL is a business and right now this works for them. If they were not making money things would be different.

Do some looking around at other cruises and cruise lines, there may be some great cruises that you aren't aware of.

Safe sailing!

Here are my suggestions:

1) I have taken 5 Caribbean cruises (2 on RCI and 3 on Carnival) and visited 14 different ports. If you can't find more than a few ports to visit, you're not trying very hard. So my suggestion is to try harder.

2) It's sucked to travel to the UK and Europe when the US$ was lower, so we had to make a choice as to whether it was worth it to us. We didn't call up Lufthansa and whine for lower rates to compensate for our economy. My suggestion: Suck it up and pay the exchange rate, travel elsewhere or, you know, fix your own economy.

well at least one of the OP's cruises went to Alaska so it's easy to see how of her remaining 4 cruises she can feel like she's seen all the Caribbean has to offer :rolleyes::rolleyes:lol

Hello,

I will be there with my husband. First trip to Alaska :)

Just to add to what one poster mentioned, "they sail full most of the time" if you check recent annual reports, they sail at a rate greater than 100%..This is because the rate is base on occupancy, add 3rd, 4th to a cabin and the rate goes up. A ship's capacity is measured in two ways, cabins occupied and by SOB standards of maximum passenger and crew totals....ie, number of souls onboard compared to available seats on life boats and rafts.

As for new ports....it does happen. NCL built a pier in Roatan, and look what has happened there...it is one of the most popular ports in the Caribbean. RCI built Falmouth and it continues to be a success. Private Islands, it seems every cruise line has leased or purchased an island and built a private destination.

2) And why all the differents companies are having their port of call on the same day, crowding all the excursions? (ex: 6 ships at Nassau).

3) It would be great to have Canadian offers (or at par dollars) for Canadians cruisers. With 32% exchange rate, a 6000$ cruise cost Canadians 8000$, before any activities, excursions or beverage package. So a family cruise can quickly add up to 10 000$. That is not something we can afford regularly.

I am both Diamond on RCI & cruise agent for 20 years..I have cruised on ALL except MSC ( soon ) and Costa..IMO, you should always try other cruise lines..how are you going to know what's out there if you don't try other cruise lines? Variety is the spice of life & with cruise lines ESPECIALLY true...I.E., if you like drinking, lots of entertainment, new high tech ships, try NCL's newer ships like the NCL Bliss, Getaway ( we did her last NOV- fantastic! ), Escape, Breakaway. where you have FREE beverages AND 3 specialty dining venues for free on most sailings- correct FREE alcohol!.also MSC new ships like The Divina & Seaside are very nice...even Carnival's new ships are nice and they go to a lot of different ports..although Disney is not for everyone, their ships are constantly ranked # 1 for almost everything..we are 65 & 63, no kids and we LOVE Disney..their private island, Castaway Cay, is BY FAR the best private island I've ever been to..and they have amazing entertainment, and who doesn't love 2 bathrooms in 90% of the cabins? The new Princess ships ( Regal, Royal, etc..) are very nice, but not as much to do as NCL nor is their dining & shows as good IMO, and the average passenger is older on Princess, HAL & Celebrity...

Go try something new..BTW, my wife also complains about the same thing..Cozumel, Jamaica & Labadee AGAIN ??? St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Nassau again??..another post said something about the Oasis class ships not wanting to tender with 6000+ passengers on board..this is true..BUT there are other nice ports now that built docks for big ships like Tortola, Grand Turk, and others...go out & explore..you don't always go to the same ONE restaurant do you?? I don't- I like trying new things..:cool:

Big Al

1) Disney does NOT offer a reduced price for Canadians. There may be a separate website that prices in CDN but those prices still reflect the currency differences and YES, the same Disney cruise DOES cost more in CDN than it does in USD simply due to the exchange rate.

2) The CEOs of these cruise lines do NOT read these threads so your request is, at best, unrealistic

3) There are a lot of different itineraries from which you can choose just like all of the rest of us so your post about more ports is not logical. If you don't like a specific port or set of ports, simply select a different ship and itinerary. Nobody else is able to book your own cruises. As an example: It would be illogical for me to ask American Airlines to fly large 767's into my airport simply because I wanted to fly on a larger plane. I have to go to a different airport for the international flights.

4) Based on the unrealistic nature of this thread, it looks far more like a troll post than reality

Best idea yet... sending the troll to another cruise line forum...LOL

Let's see, who would be the "best" to route him to... anyone know the names of the cruise lines that you get to sail on when you sit through one of those 90 minute time share presentations we could offer up for an alternative? LOL

Just wondering how you know that the CEO' s do not read CC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk