Sunset veranda on edge

maggie.1008

Just to clarify, I posted the photo  above but not the commentary that was  put under  it..

We also had a nice lounge chair and used the other smaller chair inside to make a nice seating area..  We could have asked for another lounger but one was fine for our  needs

I think the state of furniture for EDGE and APEX is in flux...

20191116_161226.jpg

Edited by hcat

We also enjoyed the IV set up on our previous EDGE cruise.

It's a  personal choice  about style and cabin location.  It was a long walk to/ from the SV,  but  it was in a very quiet private area... and yet not by any means neglected by staff!

10 hours ago, hcat said:

On EDGE,   we were in a middle on 7...largest of the Verandas

Hcat, are the balconies on 7 deeper than those on other floors? The deck plan drawings on X's site makes them look shallower, but that may be just a problem with the drawing. Also, any issues with noise from Eden?

30 minutes ago, hcat said:

We also had a nice lounge chair and used the other smaller chair inside to make a nice seating area..  We could have asked for another lounger but one was fine for our  needs

There's certainly room for the additional furniture on the SV cabins but that option isn't available for the IV cabins that don't have the large balcony but do have the new furniture.

56 minutes ago, Alsmez said:

Hcat, are the balconies on 7 deeper than those on other floors? The deck plan drawings on X's site makes them look shallower, but that may be just a problem with the drawing. Also, any issues with noise from Eden?

They are allegedly the largest..no idea of depth but they are quite roomy.  I brought along a tape measure  at request of Vtcruiser but it was too small for the job. 

As mentioned, only noise from EDEN was near the bathroom and hallway on show nights.  And stray music from somewhere else.  Neither was disruptive. 

Our next door neighbors  were a bit noisy outside..had a few gatherings out there on the balc but otherwise fine. Mot as pvt or sound proof as the IV.

Sky and sea views were amazing!

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

There's certainly room for the additional furniture on the SV cabins but that option isn't available for the IV cabins that don't have the large balcony but do have the new furniture.

Yes.. On one thread cant recall which one, they show similar IV  sunroom/ wintergarden  furniture but not as clunky looking..Probaby just as uncomfortable as what we had in there but slightly smaller profile.

On the Nov cruise you could see some of  those ugly clunky chairs up on the EDEN ramp...probably from suites that could fit loungers (?)

2 hours ago, hcat said:

As mentioned, only noise from EDEN was near the bathroom and hallway on show nights.  And stray music from somewhere else.  Neither was disruptive.

Thanks - I must have missed that in earlier posts. I think we'll stick with deck 10 for now and keep an eye out for fresh info as time goes by. Our Edge booking is two years out so plenty of time to change, although it looks like many of the center SVs are already spoken for!

15 hours ago, hcat said:

On EDGE,   we were in a middle on 7...largest of the Verandas...  No motion or soot issues,  Next up on APEX..deck 9 middle.SV

How was your view from deck 7 having Eden below you?  My choices for the sailing we're considering are decks 7, 8 and 12 for center cabins.  I noticed your lounger was on an angle.  Will it fit straight, and is there room for 2?  Thanks.

8 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

How was your view from deck 7 having Eden below you?  My choices for the sailing we're considering are decks 7, 8 and 12 for center cabins.  I noticed your lounger was on an angle.  Will it fit straight, and is there room for 2?  Thanks.

No view issues at all...beautiful and clear.  No issue with EDGE below but we have  selected Deck 9  middle SV on APEX,

2 loungers would def fit straight out with room for the little table for sure.. I preferred the overhang for a bit of shade.The balcony is a very nice size. Sadly, did not see very much sea life!

The photos run together but show diff times of day

20191118_171526.jpg

20191123_051248.jpg

20191119_051949.jpg

Edited by hcat

On 1/24/2020 at 1:54 PM, Alsmez said:

We just booked 10280 ( one of the middle SVs) on a 2022 Edge cruise so I am following with interest. The deck plan makes it look as though the balconies on these cabins get progressively smaller as you go down from the top, but I have no idea if that is actually true. We chose Deck 10 because we thought Deck 12 might have some noise from above, and all of the SVs on Deck 11 were already taken (which makes me think my theory about them being larger is correct). I look forward to further reports from those curious enough to take a tape measure with them!

A tape measure sounds like a challenge I'm willing to take.  We're going in March and we'll be on deck 11.  I booked out of luck I think because I've never been on a Celebrity before.  Hmm...this might ruin me if I get the best cabin first......😆

I just booked the Apex yesterday and chose deck 8 in the middle.  I've resisted booking an Edge ship primarily for pricing and secondly the IV balcony.  Saw a good deal on a SV so couldn't pass it up.  Good thing I booked yesterday because today it is up $400 for an extra perk which to me isn't worth it.

Excited and nervous for the Apex given the mixed reviews.  I guess I'll find out if I'm in the "love it" or "one and done" category.  

On 1/29/2020 at 8:17 AM, Alsmez said:

I've been obsessing over pictures and videos.  From what I can see, deck 7 the middle ones look a little wider followed by deck 8.  Depth wise I think they could all be the same but maybe wrong.  I've looked at Hcat's picture of a middle 7 and compared it to a you tube video of a middle deck 12, and they all seem to have the same number of panels/partitions on either side.  

I'll be following closely hoping more info and pictures will come.  

11 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

From what I can see, deck 7 the middle ones look a little wider followed by deck 8. 

Interesting - I just found this photo of the rear of the ship and it does look as though she flares out just a little bit toward the bottom, making those rooms on Decks 7 & 8 a touch wider:

Image result for celebrity edge aft

I'm not sure the few inches of extra width are worth being closer to Eden for us, especially if the balconies are shallower (although if as you mention they have the same number of side panels, they are probably the same depth). Here's another thread with some discussion of the width and depth:

20 minutes ago, Alsmez said:

Interesting - I just found this photo of the rear of the ship and it does look as though she flares out just a little bit toward the bottom, making those rooms on Decks 7 & 8 a touch wider:

I'm not sure the few inches of extra width are worth being closer to Eden for us, especially if the balconies are shallower (although if as you mention they have the same number of side panels, they are probably the same depth). Here's another thread with some discussion of the width and depth:

My choices were deck 7, 8 and 12.  I was worried about being over Eden and below the Oceanview so deck 8 it was.  7 & 8 are a tad wider but still not sure about depth between 12 through 7.  Here is a picture of 7 and then 12.  The partitions are the same it seems leading me to believe they are all the same depth.  They are both centers but one is a left center while the other is a right center.  Thoughts?

20191117_065036.jpg

image.png.eda5a7dbc7e355e507f810c7591e0713.png

20191117_065219.jpg

image.png.f324d85983e8595b786fa959f09c405f.png

I think 8 was the best choice!

Both Centers are the same and deck 7 has the  larger balcs but can't be by very much.  Truthfully, there are many older posts by our angel... VtCruiser....who used to figure thus stuff out ,Wish I could have done the tape measure thing but the one I brought was too tiny,.  All of the SV balc are large and loungers will fit.

The other positive about the SVs are the larger cabin size.. They are longer with just a bit more space where the  IV would have been.  Also nice to have real balc door and drapes. Came in handy in Bonaire where we were berthed back to back with a Carnival ship...crew were out there for their breaks...

1 hour ago, hcat said:

I think 8 was the best choice!

You guys convinced me to go switch to Deck 8 - and wouldn't you know, both of the center SVs are already taken, two years in advance! 🤣 There is one left on Deck 7 but I think we'll be happier on Deck 10. I'll keep checking, though - you never know what may happen!

I was on 8 a few months ago and it was perfect.   I feel like I lucked out  as it seems they are in high demand.  There's so few standard balconies on the Edge and Apex, and this high demand has just caused them to be more expensive.  Someone else noted they are now higher than Concierge.  Celebrity is obviously capitalizing on the demand.  The aft balconies on any ship are my favorite, but it seems like it will be difficult if I want to sail Edge again, or the upcoming Apex.  

We were recently in 9309...our cabin steward brought us two loungers on the first day...we had plenty of space for the two chairs that were already there, a table and the additional two loungers.  I wouldn't hesitate to book an SV on Edge or Apex again.

• 1 month later...

Just booked SV 10269 on Edge for April 2021.  I'm hoping cruising is back to "normal" by then.  Has anyone stayed in this cabin? Any photos? I'm reading that people have requested loungers and am wondering if this balcony would have room for 1 or 2.  I know it's a long way off but since our Equinox cruise got cancelled this is giving me something to look forward to. 

• 1 month later...