Sunset veranda on edge

maggie.1008

On 1/5/2019 at 6:26 PM, Lastdance said:

Thank you for returning...I have this information, so no surprises there.  Just wondered if I may have missed something or that you would have wanted an S1 with the bed facing the water...I too love the S class suite aft cabins; will miss the huge porthole for sure!  At least I will get my exercize no matter which ship I am on for a cruise...Again...thanks!

Here are photos of S1 corner aft on S class for comparison. We’re in an S1 corner aft on Edge right now. 

The closets on the Edge are in an awkward place on either side of the bathroom door. The sofa is very hard and uncomfortable, as others have mentioned.

We do have two loungers, and the rocker has been removed.

The S class cabins are a bit larger and I like the side window. The pole is not an issue. The sofa is certainly more comfortable and it’s nice having a coffee table.

I also prefer the balconies on S class. They wrap around providing a nice aft and side view.

We are enjoying the Edge, and have booked the same cabin type as we have now on the Apex for 2021. The price is around $1,500 pp cdn higher than what we paid for the Edge, on day 1 in 2017. We’re having second thoughts about keeping this booking, as the price high, and the itinerary is exactly the same as this one.

We may change to the Reflection after it has been Edgified.

CCA4DA3D-6110-4F62-AFBB-3DFBB7D16E75.jpeg

A19F344A-2A4A-4E6E-A9F3-1F835A71BA1C.jpeg

On 2/27/2019 at 10:50 AM, baw53 said:

This is pic shown on my booking for my Apex Cruise Norwegian Cruise In May next year.

B2255FA1-DF50-4834-B75E-D58BF142FD80.png

Thanks for posting this.  Looks lovely. We can't wait.

We are not sure if we have  bed by bath or balc,.but we are deck 7..one of the middle ones with a nice size balc. The SVs are larger than the IV we had in Jan, but we will miss the non  fog AQ mirror and fancy shower.  The outdoor balc and view will be  worth it.

DH really liked the corner suite on our cabin crawl but this will be fine for us,..

• 2 weeks later...

Another review of a SV on Edge.

Cabin SV 10273 
If you don't mind walking (126 steps from aft elevator), this is a great cabin! I loved everything about it -- the size (a little longer than other verandas), the bathroom, the bed and even the storage suited our needs. The balcony, while large, is not as large as the Sunset Verandas on the Solstice or Millennium classes.Also, while some SV balconies connect, this one does not. I would definitely book again!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baw53 said:

Cabin SV 10273 
If you don't mind walking (126 steps from aft elevator), this is a great cabin! I loved everything about it -- the size (a little longer than other verandas), the bathroom, the bed and even the storage suited our needs. The balcony, while large, is not as large as the Sunset Verandas on the Solstice or Millennium classes.Also, while some SV balconies connect, this one does not. I would definitely book again!

Thanks for the review of 10273. Did you get any sense of any of the SV balconies being larger than others? I am particularly interested in whether the center ones are bigger, or possibly smaller, than the side ones. Thanks for any info you or anyone else has about that - I would love to get in there with my measuring tape. 😉

We'd also like that info for Deck 7..but if we won't have a lounger it will be a waste of space! Looks like we could easily fit a lounger out there.

Vt..do you know which of the middle  SVs  on Deck 7 are bed by bath/ balc?

19 minutes ago, hcat said:

We'd also like that info for Deck 7..but if we won't have a lounger it will be a waste of space! Looks like we could easily fit a lounger out there.

I found this site which has pics of various cabins .It doesn’t have 11274 pics but I had worked out that the bed would be by the balcony ( which I prefer as it gives easier access to the wardrobes) .it has a pic of 11275 showing the bed next to the bathroom.Click on the deck you want to see and there is a small camera icon of those cabins with photos .

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Celebrity-Edge

Edited by baw53
Extra information
  • Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:23 PM, vtcruising said:

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that the SV's will be popular and will go quickly in the future. There are only 36 of them and close to > 900 infinite verandas (there are some porthole type veranda cabins as well). I'm sure many will love the infinite verandas, but I think some will try them and want to go back to the typical style balcony seen in the SV's. Some don't like the aft and will stick with IV's, but we always love the aft and think we would enjoy the SV's. Hope you enjoy yours! :D

We had booked an infinite veranda on our December cruise.  It was horrible. Tiny.  We were fortunate as we upgraded on board to a sky suite!  Since the sky suite prices are very high, we have booked an aft balcony.  Looking forward to it.

So many complaints about the infinite veranda, which should be labeled a windowed cabin with a retractable window.  The window doesn't always work as the captain can close it at will.  If you open the doors from the cabin to the "infinite" veranda, the AC shuts off and the cabin gets very hot.  Such a poorly designed cabin.  Heard too late to alter the design on the apex- but perhaps they cabin prices will come down closer to the price of a window cabin.  

Read the review before booking.

2 hours ago, baw53 said:

Cabin SV 10273 

We are in booked in 10280 with friends next door in 10273.  Looking forward to our 1st time on the Edge.  Disappointed to find that the balconies do not connect.  We were told that they do connect.  

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We had booked an infinite veranda on our December cruise.  It was horrible. Tiny.  We were fortunate as we upgraded on board to a sky suite!  Since the sky suite prices are very high, we have booked an aft balcony.  Looking forward to it.

So many complaints about the infinite veranda, which should be labeled a windowed cabin with a retractable window.  The window doesn't always work as the captain can close it at will.  If you open the doors from the cabin to the "infinite" veranda, the AC shuts off and the cabin gets very hot.  Such a poorly designed cabin.  Heard too late to alter the design on the apex- but perhaps they cabin prices will come down closer to the price of a window cabin.  

Read the review before booking.

We did fine with the Inf Veranda on our EDGE  cruise.  No issues with Captain's window  closures and sometimes a nice breeze comes in... There's no other choice when you are in Aquaclass which does come with BLU,  and awesome Thermal suite and Relaxation room plus other nice inclusions ....esp if suite class is out of range.

BUT  it is in no way a  balcony cabin...and the veranda doors are useless.

Happy we'll be trying the Sunset Veranda with a true oversized  balcony..and the 4 mdrs...but we will miss the AQ Class perks!

2 hours ago, hcat said:

The X deck plans for bed by the balcony and bath have been correct so far for the SV's (matched up with review posts) so 7315 should be by the bath and 7312 by the balcony. There has been an issue with a few cabins not matching the deck plans as far as bed by bath or balcony, but not the SV's so far.

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

The X deck plans for bed by the balcony and bath have been correct so far for the SV's (matched up with review posts) so 7315 should be by the bath and 7312 by the balcony. There has been an issue with a few cabins not matching the deck plans as far as bed by bath or balcony, but not the SV's so far.

How can you tell by looking at the deck plans whether the bed is near the balcony or bath? For cabins 9311 and 10273 where are the beds located?

Edited by bkbarrym

15 minutes ago, bkbarrym said:

How can you tell by looking at the deck plans whether the bed is near the balcony or bath? For cabins 9311 and 10273 where are the beds located?

There Is a recess in the cabin outline, which indicates where the bed should be.9311 and 10273 show beds near bathroom

Edited by baw53
Extra information

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Yeah..we had that surprise for our Last EDGE cruise  in the Inf Veranda but ended up enjoying that configuration.  Had open space  and good closet access.  Dh  tok side by the Veranda..doors ooen ..just had to watch his step as there was carpet inside and another surface on the Veranda

We have  SV 7312  so that will be fine..we can lie down and look out aft at the wake.

I think the stateroom is bigger ( longer)  than the IV..not just the balcony.

We have a long countdown...heading north next week..still a bit chilly there.

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks Vt

Yeah..we had that surprise for our Last EDGE cruise  in the Inf Veranda  with bed by verandah but ended up enjoying that configuration.  Had open space  and good closet access.  Dh  took side by the Veranda..doors open ..just had to watch his step as there was carpet inside and another surface on the Veranda

We have  SV 7312  so that will be fine..we can lie down and look out aft at the wake.

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Yeah..we had that surprise for our Last EDGE cruise  in the Inf Veranda but ended up enjoying that configuration.  Had open space  and good closet access.  Dh  tok side by the Veranda..doors ooen ..just had to watch his step as there was carpet inside and another surface on the Veranda

Yes, the SV living area is a bit longer than IV cabins so hopefully the bed will be further from the veranda. 🙂

Yes, it it is cooler up this way. Can’t wait to fly out on the 28th!!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, the SV living area is a bit longer than IV cabins so hopefully the bed will be further from the veranda. 🙂

Yes, it it is cooler up this way. Can’t wait to fly out on the 28th!!

Have a great time..

Thanks to my CC buddies I now read this thread with a smile on my face - looking forward to my SV cabin - than worrying like mad about that dreaded speaker below our IV cabin. So excited about our SV cabin. It has cost us an extra £800 but as we booked so early we have still walked away with a decent price. We probably should have gone with our gut reaction when we booked when we first looked at EDGE but we fancied the novel IV cabin idea. It is thanks to CC and our pals on here that we just know that we have the right ship, right cruise and right cabin for our 25th.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited !!!!

The photo by our user name is from our aft cabin on Silhouette in 2011 just after she was launched. We're obviously meant to be in those SV cabins

;-)

• Like 2

On 6/20/2018 at 11:47 AM, geneology said:

I am so glad for this thread, as I wanted to learn more about the SV.

We Love, Love, Love the SV's and book them whenever we can. The VIEW can't be beat! You do run the risk of additional soot from the smoke stacks, but we had a crew member coming by every other day to clean our furniture and deck floor.

From what I understand about the Infinite Verandas  on the Edge, is that, When you open up the top window on the "balcony" portion, the environmental control (heat and AC) turn off in your room to conserve resources.  In extreme weather that could make your cabin uncomfortable until the temps  are restored.  Has anyone else heard that?  We are booked on the Edge in June of 2020  SV.  Can not wait.

We had 9382 Stern Cabin on the Eclipse and did not have any soot at all.It has a larger balcony too, , half as wide again as the others either side .The cabins directly  above and below on all decks also have these extra wide balconies.My reason for booking an SV on the Apex and not our usual Concierge is because we love stern cabins.

We were in an aft S1 on the Edge and had a tiny amount of soot one day. I didn't even notice it until my DH pointed it out. Interestingly the balcony floors are grey with a speckled look so you won't notice it there - we could see a few specks on our lovely little white table.

We try to get aft cabins whenever we can so we are used to a bit of soot once in a while. It is a small price to pay for the bigger balconies and wonderful views.

Here's a close up of the floor of the balcony - it's not dirty, it just speckled (anti-slip paint):

image.thumb.png.99731d3119687f2b4a51c468daf3529e.png

We were in 10273 (see review above).  It was dead center (to the right looking aft).  While our veranda wasn't able to be connected to the adjacent veranda, the 2 cabins immediately to the right did connect.  We did not experience any soot on our balcony.  BTW - our bed was next to the bath/closet.  It was a wonderful cabin and a wonderful balcony!  All of you who have booked a SV will have an amazing cruise!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

We were in 10273 (see review above).  It was dead center (to the right looking aft).  While our veranda wasn't able to be connected to the adjacent veranda, the 2 cabins immediately to the right did connect.  We did not experience any soot on our balcony.  BTW - our bed was next to the bath/closet.  It was a wonderful cabin and a wonderful balcony!  All of you who have booked a SV will have an amazing cruise!  

Just have to wait 331 more days! 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

YouTube video of Cabin 12265 .Cannot post the link, it doesn’t seem to work.....suggest you type this into Google search....Celebrity Edge: Sunset Veranda (SV) Cabin #12265 .....very short video but it shows the cabin ( with bed next to the bathroom) , walk out to the balcony and walk back and into the bathroom.....it was posted on the 19th March.

• Thanks 1