Sunset veranda on edge

maggie.1008

On 2/6/2020 at 1:00 PM, lola2013 said:

We were recently in 9309...our cabin steward brought us two loungers on the first day...we had plenty of space for the two chairs that were already there, a table and the additional two loungers.  I wouldn't hesitate to book an SV on Edge or Apex again.

I just booked this cabin!  I really wanted to try Edge, but was not impressed with the videos I saw of the IV - snagged the last SV on my cruise and then thought I needed to find out if it was worth it.  thanks for the confirmation!

On 5/9/2020 at 7:15 PM, FlamingJune1967 said:

I just booked this cabin!  I really wanted to try Edge, but was not impressed with the videos I saw of the IV - snagged the last SV on my cruise and then thought I needed to find out if it was worth it.  thanks for the confirmation!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 9:54 AM, hcat said:

We did fine with the Inf Veranda on our EDGE  cruise.  No issues with Captain's window  closures and sometimes a nice breeze comes in... There's no other choice when you are in Aquaclass which does come with BLU,  and awesome Thermal suite and Relaxation room plus other nice inclusions ....esp if suite class is out of range.

BUT  it is in no way a  balcony cabin...and the veranda doors are useless.

Happy we'll be trying the Sunset Veranda with a true oversized  balcony..and the 4 mdrs...but we will miss the AQ Class perks!

Did you enjoy the SV?  I changed our booking from Aqua to SV after reading your posts in another thread...Blu wasn't the same as S class among other reasons.  We always booked aft C1 on S class but the C1's on Edge are located on 11 and 12, with a big overhang and poor light in the cabin (so I'm told).  Can't get away from having a true outdoor balcony so didn't take a chance on the IV.

10 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Did you enjoy the SV?  I changed our booking from Aqua to SV after reading your posts in another thread...Blu wasn't the same as S class among other reasons.  We always booked aft C1 on S class but the C1's on Edge are located on 11 and 12, with a big overhang and poor light in the cabin (so I'm told).  Can't get away from having a true outdoor balcony so didn't take a chance on the IV.

I am hooked on the SV staterooms.  The first was on Solstice from Hawaii to Vancouver; beautiful sunsets every night as we sailed east across the Pacific.  I have a SV on Equinox in September (which may or may not happen)...also doing SV on next year's TA.  Our primary consideration is having cabins above & below us...no chance for noise from above.  

20 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Absolutely loved the SV...we were on deck 7.... bed by balc... I think.   Larger cabin so we could have a nice  indoor seating area, huge middle  oversized balcony.  Small overhang provides some shade,   Fairly quiet, private location except some stray  pm music..and a party next door.  Only drawback was the very long walk to and from  elevators .  Good exercise and we tried to be organized each time we left  "home"!

We enjoyed the 4 mdrs and made do without  daily breakfast in BLU.. We enjoyed sit down in one of the mdrs, buffet and esp the ELITE breakfast in Tuscan..our fav place.. Sad we cancelled our SV for APEX..timing was off... and we are phasing out of X for awhile...

Have a great cruise!

Small overhang provides some shade,   Fairly quiet, private location except some stray  pm music..and a party next door.

We have 8314 booked on the Edge next year and am wondering how much of an overhang is there. Would like some shade to sit outside. What balcony furniture did you have? Did you hear music from Eden? Any pictures of the balcony?

On 6/10/2018 at 7:12 PM, vtcruising said:

That is exciting! I have an aft S1 for my first Edge cruise in December and will hopefully get a quick peek at the SV balcony next door (11270). Also, someone on one of my Roll Calls has an SV to show for our cabin crawl. I will be sure to get some pictures.

If we like the Edge, we may book an SV for 2020 (either on Edge or Beyond), unless the S1 prices drop down. Having the bigger cabin and balcony, as well as the 4 MDRs makes it less painful to pass up the suite (at least I hope the 4 MDRs will be as good as they look). 😄

We had 11270 on the March 8th sailing and loved the Sunset Verandah (we were on the last sailing of the Edge before everything got shut down).

We even snagged some deck chairs to lounge on our balcony.

image.thumb.jpeg.a5bfff9b59136830c176f906af8622a6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d7ba9cbcb60b1aa89e619c54b36c301a.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 8:56 AM, mafig said:

Sorry, but I thought deck chairs were already on the balcony.  Aren't they?

Our SV came with two deck chairs and a table; we were able to request two "loungers".  Plenty of ;room for all of that furniture and space to move around.

• 10 months later...
On 1/19/2020 at 4:13 PM, Mauidiver said:

Hope this works.  Here are pictures of SV cabin 10271 as promised.  Love the veranda, love the cabin, love Edge!  

BFC39BCB-68B2-4A39-B9CD-530C524E5105.jpeg

640562A2-BB52-47A1-A1A5-BE096C1D5BC9.jpeg

50C9D341-BBBE-4F41-9C5F-BFFD25C202C9.jpeg

Hello!  Do you happen to know if this balcony opens to connect with 10269?

• 4 weeks later...

I booked on the Apex on a Sunset Veranda- I don´t really care for those IV cabins. Great pictures - thanks all for posting.

I hope the stateroom attendant can manage to bring a lounger to the balcony- since it seems large enough.

10 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

I booked on the Apex on a Sunset Veranda- I don´t really care for those IV cabins. Great pictures - thanks all for posting.

I hope the stateroom attendant can manage to bring a lounger to the balcony- since it seems large enough.

We had no problem receiving two loungers for our SV on Edge.  They fit comfortably along with the two chairs and table that are already on the balcony.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Just booked SV8336 on the 9/5/22 Beyond 10-night Greek Island & Malta voyage for our 20th wedding anniversary. All the info in this thread confirmed I made the right choice. Can't wait to go!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vwlmember said:

Just booked SV8336 on the 9/5/22 Beyond 10-night Greek Island & Malta voyage for our 20th wedding anniversary. All the info in this thread confirmed I made the right choice. Can't wait to go!

Great location...we were on deck 9 on Edge...one cabin to the left.  There's nothing like the wake view.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2020 at 2:52 PM, Oceangoer2 said:

We loved  SV...middle cabin deck 7..only one available at time we booked.

Larger cabin..room for a small seating area by the sliding door,  huge balcony with great views. ( ask for loungers)  More walking  to and from the elevator but good exercise.

Also enjoyed the  4 mdr plan.  Worked great for us..we dine early , had res and often at a window table....sunset views!

Will try to post some pics later

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as it turns out, our Edge dreams were dashed for 2021, but we just ended up moving that cruise to 2023, in room 8314! Price is currently about $400 more pp than we were supposed to pay in 2021, but I'm sure it will change a million times before sailing. So happy to see cruising coming back to life!

• 1 month later...

Please help me decide on the available Apex SV's.

7310, 7313, 7315.  8319.  10276.  11270, 11271.  The deal breaker for me is "noise".  Concerned about Eden noise for the Deck 7 staterooms.  The other available staterooms on decks 8,10, and 11 are all "connecting" staterooms - which I have never had - since I fear less insulation/more noise with connecting staterooms.  What do you think is the way to go: Deck 7 with the risk of Eden noise or the other decks with the risk of connecting stateroom noise.  Thank you so much. 

The connecting SVs  all connect to corner Sky Suites.  I haven't been on the Apex but it is my understanding that they don't connect through the interior of the cabin.  Like on the S class ships there is a door that can close off the entry of both cabins from the hallway.  So if traveling together the people in the 2 cabins can leave the doors open and still have the hallway door closed.