Sunset veranda on edge

maggie.1008

UPDATE:  I watched the video again - maybe the door I saw was NOT the connecting door - I think it was the actual door to the stateroom.....I apologize.....I am new to Celebrity.

But still would want opinions if I should take a connecting stateroom (concerned about neighbor noise) or take Deck 7 and risk noise from Eden.  Thank you.

25 minutes ago, trump said:

On youtube, I found this video for 7309 (Edge - which would be the same as Apex).  It shows a connecting door inside the stateroom.

Stick with the ones next to the S1s, as Jelayne  said they do not connect within the cabin. I’ve stayed in one of these S1s.

24 minutes ago, trump said:

UPDATE:  I watched the video again - maybe the door I saw was NOT the connecting door - I think it was the actual door to the stateroom.....I apologize.....I am new to Celebrity.

But still would want opinions if I should take a connecting stateroom (concerned about neighbor noise) or take Deck 7 and risk noise from Eden.  Thank you.

Eden isn’t particularly noisy, I be surprised if it bothered you.

2 hours ago, trump said:

Please help me decide on the available Apex SV's.

7310, 7313, 7315.  8319.  10276.  11270, 11271.  The deal breaker for me is "noise".  Concerned about Eden noise for the Deck 7 staterooms.  The other available staterooms on decks 8,10, and 11 are all "connecting" staterooms - which I have never had - since I fear less insulation/more noise with connecting staterooms.  What do you think is the way to go: Deck 7 with the risk of Eden noise or the other decks with the risk of connecting stateroom noise.  Thank you so much. 

We have 7319 booked this coming week & 8319 the next on Edge! 

I've heard Eden noise isn't an issue.

7315 has the biggest balcony.

Some have complained of soot on the upper floors. 

Edited by KKB

21 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Try checking this link and the spreadsheet link in it for more info on particular cabins.  

Only 4 SV's listed; unfortunately none that she has listed.

One important piece of info on those--CONNECTING ONLY means the balcony--not the rooms.

On another CC thread about the EDGE SV cabins; it were discussed by the OP of that thread;  that SV are to be occupied by four (4) cruising guests. True or false ?

However, they were able to booked it with just two (2) guests.

11 minutes ago, cruise47 said:

On another CC thread about the EDGE SV cabins; it were discussed by the OP of that thread;  that SV are to be occupied by four (4) cruising guests. True or false ?

We have an SV booked on Apex in March of 2022 with only 2…I have never heard the 4 rule..

Edited by PTC DAWG

31 minutes ago, cruise47 said:

I think you were referring to something I posted. Not all SVs are designed for 4, but some can accommodate that many. When I thought that all SVs were sold out for the sailing we wanted, I did a mock booking for 4 on my TA’s site and two cabins appeared that were not there before. When I called the TA, the rep told me those cabins were set aside by Celebrity for groups of 4. She was surprised when X said we could have them for parties of 2.  She thought it was because of the lower capacity planned for our sailing. Sorry for the confusion. 

1 hour ago, EMc&DrS said:

I think you were referring to something I posted. Not all SVs are designed for 4, but some can accommodate that many. When I thought that all SVs were sold out for the sailing we wanted, I did a mock booking for 4 on my TA’s site and two cabins appeared that were not there before. When I called the TA, the rep told me those cabins were set aside by Celebrity for groups of 4. She was surprised when X said we could have them for parties of 2.  She thought it was because of the lower capacity planned for our sailing. Sorry for the confusion. 

Thanks for your clarification. That's makes a big difference.

5 hours ago, sherrill17 said:

From what I have been reading I don't think there is noise from Eden on the 7th deck.  We took 7308 and 7310.  I believe they connect on the balcony not in the cabins.  

We had a deck 7  middle Sunset on EDGE.  There was noise  from EDEN in the bathrm hallway..til end of show. Not terrible but you can hear it.

Also   we heard musical noise on balcony from somewhere outdoors on the ship. Maybe outdoor Eden speakers.

I'd suggest a higher deck.

(The middle balc can open to semi connect) but not the cabins.  

In general, this could be a great out of the way  quiet location but...depends on neighbors.

.Worst were our next door neighbors who had large groups of their party  buddies nightly on the balcony..before  and after dinner. Very inconsiderate folks.

But the morning sunrise, sunsets  and late night sky were Amazing!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

There are also fire walls that block off noise on one side quite well, but I believe those are in the middle of the decks.  Example: 11274 in the center...any cabin can have disrespectful neighbors, but i have never had this on any European cruise and I book S1 corner aft suites with an SV if b2b.  Caribbean and during holidays can be quite different.

Edited by Lastdance

Btw..no problem booking the SV for 2.  4 would still be crowded..sharing one bathroom and small closet space.

When we booked the  SV.....not many choices.  They sell out fast being true balc cabins!

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2020 at 12:37 PM, Mekare said:

image.png.21e9830d98b113cf03f6e0d2a3f8f055.png

Aft Balconies:

so the balconies next to the center ones on 7th and 8th floor (7313,7310,8321,8312) are smaller than the ones on the 9th-12th floors because the center ones are flaring?

Wonder why they made the  center balconies on those 2 floors flaring?

Edited by fstuff1

17 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Aft Balconies:

so the balconies next to the center ones on 7th and 8th floor (7313,7310,8321,8312) are smaller than the ones on the 9th-12th floors because the center ones are flaring?

Wonder why they made the  center balconies on those 2 floors flaring?

The centre cabins have a crew storage/linen closet beside the cabin.  We often book these cabins for their larger balcony (same size cabin) and have experienced no noise from the steward using them.

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

The centre cabins have a crew storage/linen closet beside the cabin. 

We often book these cabins for their larger balcony (same size cabin) and have experienced no noise from the steward using them.

my question was why flare out the balcony for the center cabins for the 7th+8th floor?

(they could have left it straight like on 9-12th floors)

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/29/2020 at 10:22 PM, hcat said:

No view issues at all...beautiful and clear.  No issue with EDGE below but we have  selected Deck 9  middle SV on APEX,

2 loungers would def fit straight out with room for the little table for sure.. I preferred the overhang for a bit of shade.The balcony is a very nice size. Sadly, did not see very much sea life!

The photos run together but show diff times of day

20191118_171526.jpg

20191123_051248.jpg

20191119_051949.jpg

We're booked on APEX in SV in 7315 fir a TA in November 2023. Your comments about the view and the noise are reassuring - thanks! I see you have a moon photo. Just curious, can you see stars from the balcony? I like to do astro photography, but I assume it won't be dark enough.

46 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Great review, I booked 11298 Ascent SV, it's the bed by the balcony or by the bath?

Bed by the balcony according to cruisedeckplans.com

Take a look at the deck plan…where you see a notch in the wall connecting to the cabin that is next to you is the bed location. 

• Thanks 1