Can you beat this chair hog story?

Unfortunately I shared an example of what I thought was an interesting "take" on a chair hog--someone wanting to share the loveseat I was using. (the whole story is somewhere on page 2 or 3 in case anyone wants to accuse me of leaving out/changing details in my small sentence here)

A few on here took that and ran with it with all sorts of takes on it. Made up their own facts/takes etc. Crazy. It was just a blip in time that happened on a cruise. Nothing more, nothing less.

Obviously both hogging chairs and smoking are issues cruisers feel passionately about. Personally I find the CHOG stories this thread was started about are way more entertaining than the smoking stories that have hijacked the thread. I read online today smoking in the U.S., which is the market Carnival mostly serves, is at an all-time low. Those remaining smokers need to find another hobby. There's something wrong when little kids show more common sense than the adults.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/smoking-hits-all-time-low-u-s-n884621

http://fortune.com/2018/06/19/smoking-lowest-rate-u-s-adults-cdc-data/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/smoking-in-the-us-hits-all-time-low-as-teens-ditch-habit

Edited by winddawn

Fairly early in the morning on a sea day aboard the Sunshine several years ago, I went to the port side of the Serenity Deck to look for a lounger because this was the shady side. Every lounger had a towel on it placed by someone who was trying to save it for later. There was only one young man occupying a lounger on that entire side. The deck steward came around and placed stickers on all of the unoccupied loungers indicating the time. As soon as the deck steward went to the starboard side, the young man got up and removed every sticker. Apparently his assignment was to make certain the the entire side of the deck was saved for a large group.

Okay....my chair hog story.

I went up to the pool deck around 7:00am and I was at one end of a row of chairs, there was a woman

and a man standing at the other end. I don;t remember how many chairs there were in the row but they

were all available, maybe 8-10 chairs. I put mine and my husbands towels down on two chairs on my end and the woman at the other end said to me "I need this whole row":o:o her husband did not say a word.

I told her I was taking the two on my end. She grabbed the towels she had put down on the few chairs she

had started to commendare and stormed off to another area with her husband behind her. When they passed me

her husband looked at me and rolled his eyes. I hope his cruise went better!!

On the Carnival Dream in March of this year we were getting into Cozumal at 11:00 am I think. Around 8:30 The entire lido deck was covered with towel animals. People were walking though the rows taking pictures and the kids were loving all the different animals. . I watched one couple walk up to a "prime" sport, take the towel animals off 4 chairs and throw them on a near by chair. Then they proceeded to place blue beach towel on each chair along with hats and books. Then they just walked off to breakfast I guess. i almost went over to take the "junk" back off the chairs and put the towel animals back on the chairs but i was meeting friends in the dining room for breakfast . All I could think was what jerks, they couldn't even wait until they ate. It wasn't like they wouldn't be able to fine chairs a little later that day.

I saw something on my most recent cruise on the Breeze that made me shake my head and go "***? SERIOUSLY PEOPLE?"

I got up at 5:30 am on the first 2 sea days to go walk the jogging track. BOTH times I saw flip flops, towels and a robe 'saving' loungers. Like..WHY?

OMG!!! I came to this post thinking I was going to read funny chair hog stories. boy was I mistaken. I only read like 8, or so. And like 5 pages about smoking. The OP about the smoker wanting to share a loveseat should have titled it "NO SMOKER ON MY LOVESEAT!!!" would've saved me about 15 minutes of scrolling, trying to find the chair hog stories!!! SMH. now I'm moving on!! AND YES I TOOK TIME TO POST ON THAT NONSENSE!!

"Excuse me ma'am, I'm going to need you to get up....you're not using your chair right."

:'):'):')

This thread was hilarious!

As a smoker I wouldn't want a stranger sitting with me in that loveseat.

My chair hog story (trying to steer the thread back to where it is supposed to be!)

DH and I were on the Elation and early one afternoon decided to head to the Serenity Deck to relax and get some sun. All chairs were taken of course, if not by a person, by a towel or something. There were chairs in the shade, so we found 2 and relaxed until some opened up. While we sat, we watched a man move seats. He had towels on both chairs, one on each side of the ship. One side was shady and one was sunny. When he'd had enough sun, he would move to the shady side... lol and when he had too much shade, he moved back into the sun. I just giggled. I mean really, how silly can you be.

We enjoyed our afternoon out there, both in the shade and in the sun when chairs finally opened up.

Please stop bullying this woman over the minute details of her anecdote. This was her perception of her experience. Disagree if you like, but just let it go.

IKR! Can we back to more serious topics like kids in the adults-only pool area and whether or not wife beaters, flip flops, and ball caps are acceptable elegant-night MDR attire.

On the Carnival Dream in March of this year we were getting into Cozumal at 11:00 am I think. Around 8:30 The entire lido deck was covered with towel animals. People were walking though the rows taking pictures and the kids were loving all the different animals. . I watched one couple walk up to a "prime" sport, take the towel animals off 4 chairs and throw them on a near by chair. Then they proceeded to place blue beach towel on each chair along with hats and books. Then they just walked off to breakfast I guess. i almost went over to take the "junk" back off the chairs and put the towel animals back on the chairs but i was meeting friends in the dining room for breakfast . All I could think was what jerks, they couldn't even wait until they ate. It wasn't like they wouldn't be able to fine chairs a little later that day.

Don't you wonder sometimes what these people are like when they are not on a cruise?

My chair hog story (trying to steer the thread back to where it is supposed to be!)

DH and I were on the Elation and early one afternoon decided to head to the Serenity Deck to relax and get some sun. All chairs were taken of course, if not by a person, by a towel or something. There were chairs in the shade, so we found 2 and relaxed until some opened up. While we sat, we watched a man move seats. He had towels on both chairs, one on each side of the ship. One side was shady and one was sunny. When he'd had enough sun, he would move to the shady side... lol and when he had too much shade, he moved back into the sun. I just giggled. I mean really, how silly can you be.

We enjoyed our afternoon out there, both in the shade and in the sun when chairs finally opened up.

OMG this is funny! Sounds like that guy had his prime real estate all planned out. And the rest of us only think about dipping in the pool to cool off......

I’ve been reading about staff putting stickers on the chairs. What happens when they reach the time limit? Does staff move the stuff off the chairs so others can use them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve been reading about staff putting stickers on the chairs. What happens when they reach the time limit? Does staff move the stuff off the chairs so others can use them?

Yes, they take the stuff to the towel station.

One cruise, the lido pool was packed, as usual. Not too many loungers that weren't occupied by a person but I did see something with chairs that I had never seen before. One large group, that had what looked to be eight loungers together but then....12 chairs were brought over to "their" area from three tables. Saw people looking to sit and eat lunch, walking by these three empty tables with no chairs to sit in. Don't know if it's right or wrong and didn't care at the time either. Just felt bad that three tables were not usable unless you stood. I guess they could have sat at the three tables and they still wouldn't have been used by anyone else. :confused:

I was in Nassau in Feb. on the Pride and was having early morning coffee and reading a book on Deck 9. I met a woman and we started talking and I told her I was staying on the ship since I'd been to Nassau many times and just wanted to hang out and not do anything.

She said she was doing an excursion and would be gone about 4 hours but was concerned that when she got back on the ship that all the chairs by the pool would be taken and she wanted the first row in front of the pool for her and the six others she was with.

I told her not to worry and that the time she was coming back would be OK and there would be plenty of chairs. She insisted that it had to be the front row and then said, "If you're not getting off the ship, I'll give you $100 to watch MY chairs." She pulled out a $100 bill.

I told her your'e not suppossed to save chairs and I wasn't planning on sitting there all day anyway.

She started dropping F Bombs at me and told me I was pathetic....LOL

Thankfully, never saw her again after that.:o:o:o:o

Some people are scary....:D

My mom and I were on Lido one day and found two loungers, set our stuff down and started to relax when three people from the deck above come running down yelling that they had spotted the loungers from the deck above and were on their way to get them. They seriously argued with us about how the loungers were theirs because they spotted them first...:confused:

My mom and I were on Lido one day and found two loungers, set our stuff down and started to relax when three people from the deck above come running down yelling that they had spotted the loungers from the deck above and were on their way to get them. They seriously argued with us about how the loungers were theirs because they spotted them first...:confused:

Someone has never explained the concept of "first come, first serve" to them I suppose.

I was in Nassau in Feb. on the Pride and was having early morning coffee and reading a book on Deck 9. I met a woman and we started talking and I told her I was staying on the ship since I'd been to Nassau many times and just wanted to hang out and not do anything.

She said she was doing an excursion and would be gone about 4 hours but was concerned that when she got back on the ship that all the chairs by the pool would be taken and she wanted the first row in front of the pool for her and the six others she was with.

I told her not to worry and that the time she was coming back would be OK and there would be plenty of chairs. She insisted that it had to be the front row and then said, "If you're not getting off the ship, I'll give you $100 to watch MY chairs." She pulled out a $100 bill.

I told her your'e not suppossed to save chairs and I wasn't planning on sitting there all day anyway.

She started dropping F Bombs at me and told me I was pathetic....LOL

Thankfully, never saw her again after that.:o:o:o:o

Some people are scary....:D

I think you may just have the answer to the chair hogs. Every morning Carnival can hold a "chair auction" and raise even more money for St. Jude.