MTD "reservations made" but I'm still confused

I've only had one cup of coffee today, so be gentle on me...

Reserved MTD at 5:30 for each night of the cruise except the night we have Samba Grill reservations. (Yes, I know it's early but we have 3 kids and a septuagenarian cruising with us.) On the Cruise Planner list that I printed, it says MTD 5:30-7:30pm. Does that mean we can arrive anytime in that 2-hour window?

I've only had one cup of coffee today, so be gentle on me...

Reserved MTD at 5:30 for each night of the cruise except the night we have Samba Grill reservations. (Yes, I know it's early but we have 3 kids and a septuagenarian cruising with us.) On the Cruise Planner list that I printed, it says MTD 5:30-7:30pm. Does that mean we can arrive anytime in that 2-hour window?

No, it means that the Cruise Planner is budgeting 2 hours for your dinner and won't let you schedule anything else in that window.

On the Cruise Planner list that I printed, it says MTD 5:30-7:30pm. Does that mean we can arrive anytime in that 2-hour window?

No...your reservation is at 5:30 and you should arrive then. The 2-hour window shown is for blocking out time on your cruise planner calendar.

The really unfortunate part is that even if dinner doesn't take you 2 hours, they make you stay in the MDR that long. You literally can't leave!

I really hope that isn't true. My kids are 10,10 and 6. Hoping they can at least get picked up and brought to Adventure Ocean while we finish our dinner.

The really unfortunate part is that even if dinner doesn't take you 2 hours, they make you stay in the MDR that long. You literally can't leave!

Never experienced that! Waiters would like you to leave if you are finished so they can clean the table.

Never, ever had this happen!!

We dine at 5:30 also and are usually out by 6:30-6:45 tops.

Like everybody else said, they're just budgeting you for a two hour meal, they won't hold you there though. You can leave whenever you're finished.

And don't worry about the early dinners, they are something to be embraced aboard a cruise ship. Have a light breakfast, light lunch, delicious filling dinner and cup of coffee before evening entertainment then have a pre-bed slice of pizza or sandwich.

It’s called humor people. Apparently there are those who cannot get it.

We much prefer late dining. Enjoy the pool once the kids have gone to clean up for early dinner, back to the cabin to shower and then enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony. Very relaxing.

That had to have been a joke, never had to sit and wait to leave, when we are done we excuse ourselves to attend to other activities we have planned. We did experience on one cruise, where our table mates all ordered 3 appetizers, so we didn't get our food until they had finished. They did tell us we could go ahead and be served if we wished.

We much prefer late dining. Enjoy the pool once the kids have gone to clean up for early dinner, back to the cabin to shower and then enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony. Very relaxing.

...and some still don't!:rolleyes:

30 years ago was 5 course meal served at 6pm or 8:30pm and you were lucky if you got done in 2 hrs. Few times we skipped dessert to make the 10:30 late show's... Back then wife and I always did late, and every nite Midnight Buffets's. Now eat at 5:30pm and back in the cabin before 10...

I really hope that isn't true. My kids are 10,10 and 6. Hoping they can at least get picked up and brought to Adventure Ocean while we finish our dinner.

15-20 yrs ago we had to take kids up to AO. Make sure you find out when the pickup time is, it's usually 45min after start of early seating Main Dining(not MTD start). We'd signed up for Family Time, they bring kids food out sooner getting them done before PU. But worst thing happen is you have run them up after they are done eating...

At face value there was nothing in the post that indicated it was a joke.

Imagine you were a first time visitor here after booking your first ever cruise, not knowing the various personalities. And was trying to get factual information.

Imagine you were booking a first ever trip to some place you have never been and found a board that seemed to provide good information and then see the above post.

At face value there was nothing in the post that indicated it was a joke.

Imagine you were a first time visitor here after booking your first ever cruise, not knowing the various personalities. And was trying to get factual information.

Imagine you were booking a first ever trip to some place you have never been and found a board that seemed to provide good information and then see the above post.

Right, because it is completely plausible that they lock you into the dining room until 7:30.

But thanks for scolding.

If you have set seating times on certain cruise lines, you are not allowed to enter the dining room after a certain time. So in essence you are locked out of the dining.

I wasn't scolding, I was trying to empathise with the poster who may have been confused. As they may be new to cruising.

Right, because it is completely plausible that they lock you into the dining room until 7:30.

But thanks for scolding.