Drinker and Non Drinker in Same Cabin

mattie123

Must both guests in same cabin take the same booking offer? Could the drinker take the Classic Beverage Package and the non drinker take prepaid gratuities?

Thought I had seen an answer to this but couldn't word my question in the search to get an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Vicki

Must both guests in same cabin take the same booking offer? Could the drinker take the Classic Beverage Package and the non drinker take prepaid gratuities?

Thought I had seen an answer to this but couldn't word my question in the search to get an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Vicki

Unfortunately, the chosen perks must be the same for both cabin guests.

My husband doesn't drink alcohol, I do. We choose the classic package as our free perk and when we get on board, we go to passenger services and ask them to change his classic alcohol package to a premium non-alcohol package. They've always said yes. He is then able to get sparkling water and frozen drinks. If we purchased the two packages + service charge, they would cost per day $56 + $20 = $76. That value is higher than any of the other perks. Even if we compare our actual consumption, we would each be drinking more that the value of the tips, OBC, or unlimited internet package. Plus, it's nice to not worry about the bar bill.

Edited by Marelaine

Can the Bev package be changed to another perk if neither one of us want it?

We have changed perks before. Originally took the Classic Bev. package and then realized neither of us drink enough to make it worthwhile so we switched to $300 OBC. It was not a problem.

We have changed perks before. Originally took the Classic Bev. package and then realized neither of us drink enough to make it worthwhile so we switched to $300 OBC. It was not a problem.

It’s not a problem to switch but both passengers must have the same perk. The OP was asking if passenger 1 could pick the beverage package & passenger 2 the prepaid gratuties, that isn’t a option.

From what I have read it's still a good use of free perk. Using it for bottled water, soda, speciality coffees and the odd virgin drinks.

I also don't drink alcohol. I have decided to see if I can downgrade to the Premium Non-Alcohol package since I would drink smoothies and the sparkling waters, more than the odd alcoholic drink. I don't drink soda and try not to have added sugar.

Don't discard the classic package yet. Wife drinks alcohol, I don't. But I still get some decent value out of the package. Between, the good coffee, waters, soda and NA drinks it's worth it to me. Especially since as a perk the package came to $15 a day pp. Now for the retail cost then no, but if the perk isn't too expensive then it's well worth having it.

From what I have read it's still a good use of free perk. Using it for bottled water, soda, speciality coffees and the odd virgin drinks.

I also don't drink alcohol. I have decided to see if I can downgrade to the Premium Non-Alcohol package since I would drink smoothies and the sparkling waters, more than the odd alcoholic drink. I don't drink soda and try not to have added sugar.

I tried doing this in March for my niece since she was under 21. They would only do the classic non-alcohol package and if I wanted the premium had to pay to upgrade. Were very insistent that it was only Classic to Classic that was allowed. Doesn't make sense since the non-alcohol packages are way less that the Classic Alcohol package

I tried doing this in March for my niece since she was under 21. They would only do the classic non-alcohol package and if I wanted the premium had to pay to upgrade. Were very insistent that it was only Classic to Classic that was allowed. Doesn't make sense since the non-alcohol packages are way less that the Classic Alcohol package

Was it just the two of you in a stateroom? If not that might be the reason.

Did you check just once or did you try asking again with a different person?

I have heard reports of others doing this, so I'm going to try. Obviously, if the person I talk to says only Classic Non-Alcoholic package I will say no thanks.

We had the same experience on the solstice. Talked to two people at guest relations. Can only do classic to classic downgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had the classic package in May. While we weren’t big drinkers, maybe 1 or 2 a day, we felt as though we got our money worth between Lattes($5-6) and bottles waters($3) not counting the “zero-proof” drinks we got. Try the fizzy mint Lemonade. Yummmmmm. It was like a mojito without the alcohol

We had the same experience on the solstice. Talked to two people at guest relations. Can only do classic to classic downgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It must be fairly new. I have been reading a lot of threads here since I booked and a few have been able to downgrade to the Premium Non-Alcoholic. There is no incentive to downgrade, you might as well keep the free Classic package. I guess I will see what drinks I would like to try.