Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

Offering these as some helpful tips to those who might search for it in the future.

Was having difficulty doing online check-in through the new "Dashboard" page. Frequently having trouble accessing the online check-in form, reservation getting "locked" etc.

Forget the new blue "Online check in" link on the dashboard page. Enter your reservation details manually through the "old" system: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/online-check-in/getReservationInfo.do

In addition, I was having trouble with some of the online check-in forms populating properly with Chrome (specifically the inability to "approve" the credit card terms - checkbox). As terrible as it is, use Internet Explorer. It is on the same level of suck as the Royal website, so they seem to play together much better.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Offering these as some helpful tips to those who might search for it in the future.

Was having difficulty doing online check-in through the new "Dashboard" page. Frequently having trouble accessing the online check-in form, reservation getting "locked" etc.

Forget the new blue "Online check in" link on the dashboard page. Enter your reservation details manually through the "old" system: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/online-check-in/getReservationInfo.do

In addition, I was having trouble with some of the online check-in forms populating properly with Chrome (specifically the inability to "approve" the credit card terms - checkbox). As terrible as it is, use Internet Explorer. It is on the same level of suck as the Royal website, so they seem to play together much better.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

If you don't log in, or log out without entering your reservation, you can use the Already Booked button on the Home Page to get to that same old page.

I was having trouble with our Aug cruise, and when I called, I was told to use Already Booked, and it was fine.

So, I have been trying to start the check-in online but can't get started. The message is 'this reservation is currently being modified' ( been that way all day). What can they be doing that takes all day? We made final payment a couple of weeks ago.

You need to sign out each time you leave that web page. I had the same problem and called RCI and that's what they told ,me to do. It works great as long as I sign out.;)

Good evening! Trying to do online checkin tonight, since we are now within 90 days and keep getting this message: The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time. I get this message no matter what browser or whether I try on the old or new website. Anyone have a clue what this means? Thanks in advance.

Good evening! Trying to do online checkin tonight, since we are now within 90 days and keep getting this message: The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time. I get this message no matter what browser or whether I try on the old or new website. Anyone have a clue what this means? Thanks in advance.

For the 47th time.

You have to call to get it unlocked. Log out first.

Then, when you go to the home page, DO NOT LOG IN. Click on Already Booked, which takes you to the page from the old site. Enter your information (you will need your booking number) and you will be able to get into your reservation.

Then, when you leave, LOG OUT.

For the 47th time.

You have to call to get it unlocked. Log out first.

Then, when you go to the home page, DO NOT LOG IN. Click on Already Booked, which takes you to the page from the old site. Enter your information (you will need your booking number) and you will be able to get into your reservation.

Then, when you leave, LOG OUT.

Wow, no reason to get snippy. I don’t spend a ton of time on here and didn’t realize it has been covered before. I had done everything you suggested with the exception of calling, before I even posted, as I am pretty internet savvy. I didn’t realize I had to call to checkin online. I guess that isn’t really online. Or a time saver over doing it at the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, i can't get on the old my cruises interface anymore. It automatically links me to the new layout, which is fine but it seems that they cancel button is no longer present on this new interface. So is it no longer possible to cancel a reservation online . Order is there some other link to the old interface.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi A1 met Tapatalk

Hi, i can't get on the old my cruises interface anymore. It automatically links me to the new layout, which is fine but it seems that they cancel button is no longer present on this new interface. So is it no longer possible to cancel a reservation online . Order is there some other link to the old interface.

To my knowledge, there is no other backdoor that is able to cancel the cruise.

Wow, no reason to get snippy. I don’t spend a ton of time on here and didn’t realize it has been covered before. I had done everything you suggested with the exception of calling, before I even posted, as I am pretty internet savvy. I didn’t realize I had to call to checkin online. I guess that isn’t really online. Or a time saver over doing it at the port.

Sorry, but it has been covered before, in this thread.

And I could have been REALLY snippy, and told you to look it up. :D

You don't have to call to check in online, you have to call to get your reservation unlocked. You could wait and hour or so and see if it auto unlocks. Mine was locked for 48 hours when I called.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi A1 met Tapatalk

Did you use the Already Booked BEFORE you logged in?

If you log in, it automatically takes you to the new dashboard.

I'm not a fan of this new Dashboard. It does not give as much ready information as their old web page did. I liked being able to see my remaining balance, cruise dates, itinerary, weather summaries, etc. all of which is not immediately available now. Just the general layout of information has made it more difficult to find things. Just saying...

It says my online ck in is complete & I can print my pass.

In the past it has asked me about my airline info. This time it did not ask. When I called Rccl they said that as long as I can print my pass ——everything is ok. I just thought I might have missed something.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Forums