What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

We have paid in full for the H6 months ago, so adding anything on now won't be so bad. I liked the idea of the aft balcony as we were on the Oceania Marina and had an aft suite with wrap around balcony and hot tub, But never in a forward suite, concerned with the amount of wind on the balcony. Just wondering if it would actually be worth the extra $3- $4k. Thank you

Making another check-in with my crazed effort to make sense of the NCL Upgrade Bidding system...

Sailing: Epic 1/23/18 - 10 days, Western Caribbean

Currently Booked: Inside Stateroom, Category ID

Bids on: Balcony, Spa Balcony, Mini Suite, Spa Mini Sute

Days until Departure: 59

Over the past 8 days, there have been 2 sets of price changes.  Inside rooms are now about $130/pp more expensive on average, balcony and mini suites are up $20/pp, Haven prices are down $50 on aft-facing, up $50 on spa, and down $150 for courtyard, family and deluxe.

Several categories are selling Guaranteed only, so I can't get inventory on some inside (IF, ID, IA), balcony (BF, B6), or mini suites (MD, MC).  Inventory I can see for inside (I1) has dropped from 28 to 8 in spite of the price increases.  Balcony (B4, B3) has dropped from 44 to 37.  Mini suite (M3, M9) has actually increased from 14 to 16, and Haven has only moved from 28 to 23.  

I've seen some strange things going on with bid maximums in the 4 categories I've bid in.  I was seeing some fluctuations during the week, but those seem to have evened out over the past couple of days.  Regular balcony remains the same with max at $400.  Weirdly, the mini-suite max bid has dropped down to $300 and is the lowest of any of the 4.  Spa balcony is down to $400, the same as a regular balcony, and mini suite spa has dropped down to $450.

I'm not sure what to make of all this, but my thought would be that they're having some trouble selling the higher-end rooms and running low on inside rooms.  I'm hopeful this means that we'll see some bids processing sooner rather than later to help balance out the available inventory.  We'll see, with 59 days to do we're starting to get into the range where some have reported seeing bids process within the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phaedrus78 said:

Making another check-in with my crazed effort to make sense of the NCL Upgrade Bidding system...

Sailing: Epic 1/23/18 - 10 days, Western Caribbean

Currently Booked: Inside Stateroom, Category ID

Bids on: Balcony, Spa Balcony, Mini Suite, Spa Mini Sute

Days until Departure: 59

Over the past 8 days, there have been 2 sets of price changes.  Inside rooms are now about $130/pp more expensive on average, balcony and mini suites are up $20/pp, Haven prices are down $50 on aft-facing, up $50 on spa, and down $150 for courtyard, family and deluxe.

Several categories are selling Guaranteed only, so I can't get inventory on some inside (IF, ID, IA), balcony (BF, B6), or mini suites (MD, MC).  Inventory I can see for inside (I1) has dropped from 28 to 8 in spite of the price increases.  Balcony (B4, B3) has dropped from 44 to 37.  Mini suite (M3, M9) has actually increased from 14 to 16, and Haven has only moved from 28 to 23.  

I've seen some strange things going on with bid maximums in the 4 categories I've bid in.  I was seeing some fluctuations during the week, but those seem to have evened out over the past couple of days.  Regular balcony remains the same with max at $400.  Weirdly, the mini-suite max bid has dropped down to $300 and is the lowest of any of the 4.  Spa balcony is down to $400, the same as a regular balcony, and mini suite spa has dropped down to $450.

I'm not sure what to make of all this, but my thought would be that they're having some trouble selling the higher-end rooms and running low on inside rooms.  I'm hopeful this means that we'll see some bids processing sooner rather than later to help balance out the available inventory.  We'll see, with 59 days to do we're starting to get into the range where some have reported seeing bids process within the next couple of weeks.

We are on the Epic sailing before yours, we are now at 48 days. Prices on the Insides have increased, balcony prices decreased slightly, and Haven suites have also decreased slightly.  Looks like there are just a few insides left, lots of balcony cabins, mini-suites appear to be sold out except for sail-away. Haven rooms are down to 14 total from what I can see, about a week ago there were about 23. The 2BR had the most and they have dropped to 1/2 of what they were, not sure if that means there were some upgrades already awarded or not.

We are in an aft facing balcony and purchased a spa package, but put a bid in on the Haven Spa suite just to see if it would come in. Since the mini suites all sold out except for sail-away, I'm guessing my chances are very slim. Would love to have a chance to experience the Haven, but we love the aft facing balcony so will be happy there too.

On my cruise on the Sun for 2/2/19, I am in an inside "sailaway" cabin and assigned a IA sideways.  The balconies have said sold out for several weeks.  I just bid the maximum for a balcony because my DH really would like it.  At that price, it would bring our cost to what I originally paid for my 1A inside before I changed to "sailaway".  Do I have any shot in getting a balcony?  The minis are also saying sold out and there are just regular suites left.  No Haven.

I guess it depends on how many balconies get upgraded to minis or havens, etc... Which would free up insides/outsides to be upgraded to balconies, and so on.

I guess then those go to guaranteed rooms...I wonder if they ever over sell by accident.

Edited by xcell

Something strange happening on the upgrade site.  On one of my offers I logged in to check and it went from the low end of poor(my original bid) to strong.  I hit refresh on my browser and it went back to poor.  Hitting refresh it would sometime show poor, sometimes show strong.  However when it showed strong and I tried to modify the offer to below $600(the low end of poor originally) it would not save that value.  The bottom line, if you check and it seems the range of the offer has changed it may not be "real".

Sailing on the Breakaway 1/27.

Edited by davencl

22 minutes ago, davencl said:

Something strange happening on the upgrade site.  On one of my offers I logged in to check and it went from the low end of poor(my original bid) to strong.  I hit refresh on my browser and it went back to poor.  Hitting refresh it would sometime show poor, sometimes show strong.  However when it showed strong and I tried to modify the offer to below $600(the low end of poor originally) it would not save that value.  The bottom line, if you check and it seems the range of the offer has changed it may not be "real".

Sailing on the Breakaway 1/27.

I have seen that as well with my own account. But lately, it has been staying at poor -- 😞 no changes...I at least like the fact that it was strong at one point...

I have been trying to get an idea of how much inventory of available cabins are left on my cruise. I have done mock bookings and it looks like almost 30+ haven cabins are still available and maybe 30+ balcony cabins. Also a bunch of mini suites and spa cabins. We are booked in an IA cabin. I have a bid on balcony and spa balcony. We are 70 days until sailing. I am thinking that with all the people shifting into better cabins, we might actually have a chance to win our upgrade. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

5 minutes ago, jessykaw said:

I have been trying to get an idea of how much inventory of available cabins are left on my cruise. I have done mock bookings and it looks like almost 30+ haven cabins are still available and maybe 30+ balcony cabins. Also a bunch of mini suites and spa cabins. We are booked in an IA cabin. I have a bid on balcony and spa balcony. We are 70 days until sailing. I am thinking that with all the people shifting into better cabins, we might actually have a chance to win our upgrade. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Sadly it is way to soon to speculate, unfortunately. The earliest I have seen bids awarded is 45 days out. So a lot can change between now and your sail date. The suspense is part of the fun. Good luck! 

Still waiting on my two bids on Bliss - THIS COMING WEEKEND.

Everyone in the Secret Department of NCL Upgrade Department: You are powerful and attractive people. I always wear my seatbelt and I call my Mom twice a week. I always promptly attend the muster drill and I never, ever try to sneak alcohol on board. 

Just sayin'   🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, GWM907 said:

NCL Escape 12/9/18 $55 pp to go from inside sail away to a balcony on deck 12. Bid accepted today (11/27).

Congrats --that's a 12 day cruise right?  Great deal either way. I'm wondering when the Havens will start being accepted/rejected.