Listen to the sounds of a Princess cruise in 1977

CineGraphic

Very odd... Pretty much a Princess advertisement. Must be the precursor to the Reflections DVD. Like the DVD it has a bunch of canned stuff that really isn't part of "your" cruise at all. I've never been tempted by the DVD.

Ahhh... The origin of the 3 day "booze cruise".

Interesting so into days value cheapest inside was $1100 and the suite $2500 per person

Cheers Don

At those prices we couldn’t even afford a “booze cruise” in 1977. ;)

Me too..:) (y)

Tony

Hello, Captain, sir. Just saw your friend request - have not been on CC hardly at all since we returned from South America in March. Just saw it this evening. Take care. Training camps will be open before we know it.

Hello, Captain, sir. Just saw your friend request - have not been on CC hardly at all since we returned from South America in March. Just saw it this evening. Take care. Training camps will be open before we know it.

Hi Mr. Steelers, you forgot something :) Go Steelers!

From your friend The Captain of The Rowboat, BTW Go Patriots!!!! :)

Tony

Very odd... Pretty much a Princess advertisement. Must be the precursor to the Reflections DVD. Like the DVD it has a bunch of canned stuff that really isn't part of "your" cruise at all. I've never been tempted by the DVD.

Perhaps you have never been involved in something that was on the cruise DVD. On my last cruise on the Ruby Princess the Cruise Director, upon my asking, had all of the Veterans come up on stage & be recognized before one of the evening shows. I asked that the event be filmed & the whole event was included on the DVD.

As a Veteran that was a very special event for me & I will always treasure that event.

Tom😀

In 1977 Princess sold a souvenir LP, "This is Your Princess Adventure"

As you can imagine, it's campy and charming at the same time.

You can download the entire album in a zip file here:

https://mylittleundergroundblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/record-1977-this-is-your-princess.html?m=0

Princess-Front.jpg

Princess-Back.jpg

Thank you very much for posting this. An enjoyable recording to hear & interesting to see the bar graph on the recording at the bottom.

Tom😀

At those prices we couldn’t even afford a “booze cruise” in 1977. ;)

Cruise lines still charged $1.00 or less for drinks back then. They didn't realize the size of the liquor cash cow yet. Most cruise fares included free air as well.