Rate change

We booked 3 cabins for a cruise in July of 2019. Two were booked online with RCCL, and one was booked by calling RCCL. I always watch for price changes by simply going on the website & pricing like it was a new booking. Two different times now, I see rates that are about $500 less than what my email booking confirmation shows. I called a few days ago and then again last night. Both times had the same result- they couldn’t see the rates I saw & the best rate they can find is about $12 more than what we booked at. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas on how I can get them to honor these new rates? Thank you!!

We booked 3 cabins for a cruise in July of 2019. Two were booked online with RCCL, and one was booked by calling RCCL. I always watch for price changes by simply going on the website & pricing like it was a new booking. Two different times now, I see rates that are about $500 less than what my email booking confirmation shows. I called a few days ago and then again last night. Both times had the same result- they couldn’t see the rates I saw & the best rate they can find is about $12 more than what we booked at. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas on how I can get them to honor these new rates? Thank you!!

If you have refundable deposit, you could simply cancel and then book again. Otherwise, just keep calling

Both were category 3D & non refundable rates. I guess I will call again. I wonder if they would go to the website & do a booking like I did.....instead of using their system. Has anyone heard of that?

Both were category 3D & non refundable rates. I guess I will call again. I wonder if they would go to the website & do a booking like I did.....instead of using their system. Has anyone heard of that?

Yes, but the info they see on their screen is the one that wins - doesn't matter what your screen shows. They'll probably just claim an IT issue.

My problem with the RCCL site has been you don't get options for actual categories (i.e 1V, 1T, 6D, etc.) just general categories, i.e. inside, inside virtual balcony, balcony, balcony obstructed, etc. and within the categories there could be multiple sub categories that RCCL doesn't give you an option for. They will just show you what they want to sell you. I always have to use a third party site to see all the categories since there could be a big difference in prices between a 8D balcony and a 6D balcony. I would look at what category you are booked in and go to a third party site and see the difference. You may also find the category that may be the big cost difference and ask to be changed to that category which may mean a less desirable location.

There are times they have the “wave” sale for new bookings only and we had them tell us they can’t honor them. They told us they have them about once a month around the 25th. Don’t know if this is true but its what we were told.

You say the rate is $500 less than your email confirmation. Since RCCL can't find the rate, are you sure you aren't comparing the rate PLUS taxes and port charges to the rate without taxes and port charges?

I have had experiences when I've seen the rates before the RCCL Rep. It's possible that their computers hadn't been updated when you called. Keep after them. Take a screen shot so you have verification that you are seeing what you are seeing. Also read the rate rules to be sure you actually qualify for them. As a last resort, cancel and rebook. Even if you lose $100 per person deposit, you'd still come out ahead if the change is $500 per person lower.

P.S. This is one of the reasons I use a TA. I find a lower rate, call or email her, she fights with RCCL to get it. Has never failed for me.

Here's what I would do. Do a booking on RCI's site booking same category, don't deposit on it. Just write down the confirmation number. Then call and give them the confirmation number.

Assuming the RC site will allow a courtesy hold.

Ovation on 7/26/19

Cat 3D

3 people

They’re telling me that the “Fall” promotion is not compatible with the Crown & Anchor discount. I have always gotten both a promo plus C & A. Have I just gotten lucky.....or did this agent just try to pull a fast one?

Ovation on 7/26/19

Cat 3D

3 people

They’re telling me that the “Fall” promotion is not compatible with the Crown & Anchor discount. I have always gotten both a promo plus C & A. Have I just gotten lucky.....or did this agent just try to pull a fast one?

We booked Ovation for June on Saturday. Same thing, no discount for that particular sailing, but worked on others I looked at for Harmony. Maybe it is an Alaska thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Ovation on 7/26/19

Cat 3D

3 people

A small part of the promo might not be compatible such that you effectively do not get the full C&A discount.

I emailed my online travel agent and got the price adjusted in 24 hours

Still wouldn't be my choice. Prices/available cabins can change in minutes, wouldn't want wait 24hrs hoping that price is still available. To OP see it on your screen Call. One more thing to check, make sure the discount price/sale isn't for new bookings only as many are. If is as someone already suggested, reserve new price cabins and cancel old bookings...

Good for you! We are still booked with the cruiseline and I’ve called 3 times with no luck. We are going to transfer to a travel agent soon. Hopefully they can help.

good luck!