A quick trip to the grocery?

LoraBella

Hi I have a short stop in anchorage before heading to a cruise. I would love to get to a grocery store to get some sofa and a bottle of wine to take onboard. Only trouble is I use a mobility scooter. I don’t think I could handle grocery shopping with my luggage etc. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

I was in Anchorage for three days between cruises. Found a Fred Meyer in a residential neighborhood to stock up for the hotel room and the second cruise. Just as accessible as any other grocery. But I had a rental car--and we need a lot more detail as to what constitutes a "short stop in Anchorage" for you. Are you flying in the day of your cruise, or staying one night? Using the cruise line shuttle direct to Seward, or private transportation? Or just grabbing a taxi at the airport if not going direct to the ship? Definitely will need some local intervention to arrange a grocery stop.

I found this news article about grocery delivery, I don't know where your being picked up from in Anchorage but there is in downtown Anchorage an accessible grocery and ABC store near the Hilton Hotel downtown.

Website is https://www.brownjugalaska.net/ As far as grocery delivery see this link: http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Online-grocery-shopping-comes-to-Anchorage-and-Wasilla-441450863.html

I wasn’t very clear with my information. Buy a short stay, I mean literally an hour or two before I have to board the shuttle. I guess I was just hoping there’d be a little store fairly close by that I could get to in that short time frame but I suspect that’s not the case because you don’t usually find something like that right by an airport. I just rather not pay the prices for Sosa and a bottle of wine on the cruise but most likely that is the answer. I like a can or two of soda during the day and maybe 1 glass Of wine in the evening so the beverage plans are t really suited to my needs. I am travelling solo so I can’t just send someone out to do the errand while I stay at the airport. I guess I’m just going to have to pee for what I want on the ship.

I guess I’m just going to have to pee for what I want on the ship.

I'm sure you meant "pay" for what you want on the ship, but hey, whatever works for you....:)

The only suggestion I would make would be to check with your cruise line regarding their policies with bringing wine and soda on board. Most allow one or the other or both, but some do not. You should know for sure before buying it and not being allowed to bring it on board with you.

Lol yes I meant PAY!!:o OMG embarrassing!!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I’ll sort something out. I don’t know why I feel the need to be so cheap over a few drinks while on a cruise!

Bringing your own wine or soda or water on board with you is not being cheap if it is allowed by the cruise line. But as I suggested, just check first to be sure.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi there

If there are no other options, you could always just ask the shuttle driver if he/she could stop somewhere for you if there is time. I am sure there would be others on the shuttle that would also appreciate the opportunity and you could ask them to assist. The very worst they can say no.

Most cruise lines that allow you to bring soda on board would allow you to bring in on at every port. Most Alaska cruises are stopping at a port almost every day.

Certainly ask on the Alaska threads...there is much helpful information there.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Are you boarding in Anchorage, or Seward or Whittier. If Seward, there is a Safeway very near the port. I doubt that there is anything is Whittier. In Anchorage you can get to a grocery in about 15 minutes from the airport.

Hi I have a short stop in anchorage before heading to a cruise. I would love to get to a grocery store to get some sofa and a bottle of wine to take onboard. Only trouble is I use a mobility scooter. I don’t think I could handle grocery shopping with my luggage etc. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Here's a great suggestion...

Just buy your glass or bottle of wine on the ship

And do the same for your soda

With your mobility issues it's ridiculous to bother doing anything else

Sent from my iPad using Forums