Royal Caribbean not Helpful to this 1st Time Cruiser

What would be the benefit of that. They would still have to pay the higher price for the cabin with the Pullman.

Find a cheaper category room with capacity for 4.... an OV or inside perhaps since staying within budget is necessary.

Excellent idea on the air bed...thanks!

Suggest you ask for a rollaway - space will be tight but that should help give the kids individual beds.

The cruise line will not put a rollaway in a balcony cabin, there is no room. An airbed will also be very tight, if not impossible, if the sofabed is opened.

I think a previous poster had a good idea to keep checking. One may come available, or there may be an upgrade later at less than it is now.

Have a good cruise. I am going back on Enchantment in September, and really looking forward to Coco Cay. (One of my fave ports)

Ftlog...husband and son get the separated twins. Mom and daughter get the sofa bed. Done

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good solution. OP hope you have a great cruise and don't let this spoil your trip.

You are probably going to be surprised just how small the cabins are. There probably won't be room for an air mattress.

Highly recommend you stay organized as far as packing. Try to share as much as possible - I am thinking toiletries. Bathroom is very small. You might want to remember that there are nice showers in the gym. Good for the guys!

Many years ago shared an inside cabin on the Majesty with our college-aged kids (boy and girl). Look on their faces when they saw that cabin is something I never forgot! Fast forward, kids now married and cruising with their kids - didn't deter them one bit.

Go with the flow and enjoy!

The cruise line will not put a rollaway in a balcony cabin, there is no room. An airbed will also be very tight, if not impossible, if the sofabed is opened.

Does the sofa bed pull out like a traditional home sofa bed, or do you lay with your feet at one arm of the couch, and head at the other arm/end?

Does the sofa bed pull out like a traditional home sofa bed, or do you lay with your feet at one arm of the couch, and head at the other arm/end?

They are not like the pull out kind at home. They slide out flat kind of like a futon does.

I found this video of a balcony on Enchantment that will give you an idea of the size of the cabin. Really no room for a rollaway or an air mattress on the floor if the sofabed is open.

They are not like the pull out kind at home. They slide out flat kind of like a futon does.

I found this video of a balcony on Enchantment that will give you an idea of the size of the cabin. Really no room for a rollaway or an air mattress on the floor if the sofabed is open.

Nope, you're right...no room for an air mattress even with the slide flat sofa bed. But that air mattress will fit on the balcony! Ha!

Nope, you're right...no room for an air mattress even with the slide flat sofa bed. But that air mattress will fit on the balcony! Ha!

Lol I just said the same thing to my husband. You will figure it out, maybe the ladies in the sofabed will work out best.

The other thing you need to worry about is the shower. The bathroom is a step up, so the ceiling is lower, you are going to be really close to the ceiling in the shower, just a fair warning. Also, at the fire doors as you walk down the cabin hallways, there is a doorway opening that is a little shorter than the hallway height. I have seen many a tall guy have to duck a little, probably something you are used to anyway.:)

I love your screen name.:D

You guys will make it work and will have a great time!

Have the kids share the sofa bed. It’s 5 nights. Or... if they choose not to...one sleeps on the sofa bed, one sleeps on the floor.

Take turns with the floor.

Must have been lucky with my kids, they’d have shared, probably head to toe but they’d have got around it.

Suggest you ask for a rollaway - space will be tight but that should help give the kids individual beds.

You would never be able to fit a roll away with a sofa bed. There is barely enough room to walk to the balcony when the sofa is pulled out. (about a foot between the bed and wall).

As I see it, there are only a few options:

Give the kids the twin beds and take the sofa

Upgrade rooms to get the layout you want

Split into a two room booking

Cancel and book on a different ship - eating any loss of deposit if it's after final payment or you booked a non-refundable.

Or you take one twin bed and your son take the other, with your wife and daughter sharing the the sofa bed.

If only 1 teen is using the sofa bed there would be no need to open the sofa bed and the airbed could easily fit.

Another solution is for the teens to sleep head to toe in the sofa bed where they sleep upside down and they have pillows at both ends of the sofa bed.

To the OP we had the same situation on Grandeur many years ago. Grandeur is Enchantments sister ship so is the best comparison you can get. DH and I opted to use the sleeper sofa and let our then 14yo DS and 18yo DD have the twins. One thing to note is that the sleeper sofa (unless they've changed the styles) isn't the traditional one we all think of. The sleeping area is between the arms of the sofa (so think of lying down on the sofa between the arms (head at one arm feet at the other). Being smaller (5') I slept between the actual arms and DH (5'9") slept on the open area. Only real problem I had was crawling out in the middle of the night if necessary. DH was about 225 lb. at the time and had no issues. I don't know if they offer it anymore, but ask your steward for an 'egg crate' to make the sofa more comfortable for adults. The steward will take care of making sure the bed is out of the way during the day and set up each night.

It just will not fit in a balcony cabin with the sofa bed open.

You don't have to have the sofa bed open. On Oasis our steward made it up flat the first night, and we asked for it to be made up the rest of the cruise for our 12 year old as a regular sofa - just sheets on the sitting part and the back of the sofa in its normal position against the wall, to provide a lot more floor space.

It was just a narrow bed but she was fine on it. If the kids really don't want to sleep together, then one gets the narrow sofa and the other is next to it either on the airbed or the rollaway. I would personally not bank on getting the rollaway if it's not normally a part of that room's configuration, and would bring the airbed as an insurance policy just in case. All you need at this point is to be told, "it's a request, not a guarantee and no extra beds are available."

Now all of that in mind, keep doing what everyone else said. Try looking online yourself at what rooms are still available, and if you see one with the right bedding being sold at your current price, call and ask about it, see if any new promotion discounts open on an upgrade, look at switching to two inside rooms which can be close to the cost sometimes of one balcony room (plus an extra bathroom which is pretty nice) keep calling every couple of days just to ask if they have any options. Each representative on the phone might handle your problem a bit differently and somebody might be able to help.

I'd like to reiterate my previous post..and add...

This is NOT an issue at all

Mom and daughter take the sofa bed

Dad and son take the 2 twins

I am really dumbfounded that the OP couldn't figure this out without asking here

It's not like there will be any privacy at all for any of them in the first place

So...mom and dad can't sleep apart ?

Come on folks ..while the bedding might not be perfect...it is more than doable

Consider a sleeping bag for the two sharing the sofa, one in the sleeping bag atop the bed the other in the bed under the covers.

Or a hammock on the balcony.

A hammock? Just how would you attach it? Or are you saying bring the metal frame as well? Lol

This is NOT an issue at all

Mom and daughter take the sofa bed

Dad and son take the 2 twins

I am really dumbfounded that the OP couldn't figure this out without asking here

It's not like there will be any privacy at all for any of them in the first place

This is a good option for them.

I think the RC agent who booked the cruise should have been more helpful in explaining sleeping options when he/she knew it was a family of 4 with a teenage boy and girl.

This is a good option for them.

I think the RC agent who booked the cruise should have been more helpful in explaining sleeping options when he/she knew it was a family of 4 with a teenage boy and girl.

After rereading I understand they booked on the website but the customer service person they later spoke to should have tried harder to help them.

Sometimes a person is too close to a situation and kind of goes into lockup mode. Also the OP may have just realized the issue, and immediately thought of coming here for some insight

Keep checking. It could be that another cabin in your category will open up or you may able to upgrade at little cost. Good luck.

If you are within the booking time frame, you could transfer the booking to a travel agent. They might have better luck securing a different cabin.

If not, call everyday and ask. You never know!

Laurie