Royal Caribbean not Helpful to this 1st Time Cruiser

The cruise line will not put a rollaway in a balcony cabin, there is no room. An airbed will also be very tight, if not impossible, if the sofabed is opened.
That's what I was thinking.

Our first cruise was upper and lower on Carnival. You make it work

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Next time (there will be a next time!) price a balcony and inside cabin. Often 4 people in 2 cabins is the same price or just a tiny bit more than 4 in one. Having 2 bathrooms is key. And privacy for the adults is great also.

Great news: We called back and this time around Royal Caribbean was able to switch the room to the bed configuration we originally thought we were getting! Either something opened up, or this 2nd representative was more in tune with the scenario. She definitely was more concerned with making our first cruise a successful one, and was very welcoming.

Thanks to everyone for the great advice and suggestions. We hope this post will help other 1st time cruisers as well. Special thanks to Royal Caribbean for coming through in the end!

Great news: We called back and this time around Royal Caribbean was able to switch the room to the bed configuration we originally thought we were getting! Either something opened up, or this 2nd representative was more in tune with the scenario. She definitely was more concerned with making our first cruise a successful one, and was very welcoming.

Thanks to everyone for the great advice and suggestions. We hope this post will help other 1st time cruisers as well. Special thanks to Royal Caribbean for coming through in the end!

Good for you Aaron! There's nothing like that first cruise, you will love it!

I am happy they were able to find a cabin with the bed configuration that will work for you and your family. Make sure you come back and tell us all about your first cruise.:)

Fantastic news.

Some agents will go the extra mile for you whereas the first one didn't.

Hope you all have a fabulous cruise.

I'm glad they were able to accommodate your wishes, but you still may serious wish to reconsider 2 teens and 2 adults is a balcony cabin.

Staterooms are not like hotel rooms, the average balcony cabin is maybe 190 square feet (about 11'x17') including the closets and bathroom spaces. The bathroom tends to be small enough (maybe 4'x5') that while standing on the between the vanity and shower that an adult can touch all 4 walls.

Here's a picture of cabin 8582

284561400507007.jpg

More can be found here

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category-detail.php?c=477

I'm glad they were able to accommodate your wishes, but you still may serious wish to reconsider 2 teens and 2 adults is a balcony cabin.

Staterooms are not like hotel rooms, the average balcony cabin is maybe 190 square feet (about 11'x17') including the closets and bathroom spaces. The bathroom tends to be small enough (maybe 4'x5') that while standing on the between the vanity and shower that an adult can touch all 4 walls.

Here's a picture of cabin 8582

284561400507007.jpg

More can be found here

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category-detail.php?c=477

They will be fine, just short cruise. We did 5 in an Ocean View 7nite on Enchantment, smaller then balcony cabin. One kid was actually assigned to Grand Parents cabin but slept with us. We had 2 Pullman's, split the double so was set up like 2 bunk beds. Anyone that's been camping, a cruise cabin is nothing but a luxury...

That's great glad you called back. Yes available cabins can change day to day as it's closer to sailing. Enjoy your cruise!
That sounds exactly like what would have happened. When the OP first called there was no other staterooms in their category that had the pullman. In order to get a pullman they had to switch categories. A few days later a cabin became available in the same category they were booked in and able to make the switch at no cost. It pays to keep checking.

Have a great cruise OP. While 2 cabins is nice you are on a short cruise. You'll be fine.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

When booked the Oasis for 2016 we looked at deck plans and room plans and booked an A3 which everything said was a 2 bedroom suite, in Star Class (this was just as Star Class was being introduced). A couple months later we were looking and saw that the room was not Star Class and we started asking questions. When we talked to Royal they kept saying the A3 was 2 bedrooms, but when everything was said it was a single bedroom with a sleeper couch in the living room. That caused another round of telephone calls and we finally ended up with a Sky Loft suite and at the same time we were booked into an A1 suite for 2017. I think our TA really went to bat for us and between him and Royal we were given a very good deal for both suites and we had our Star Class room. Needless to say we are still with Royal and will be on Anthem in Sept, again in a Star Class suite. Once you sail with a genie it is hard not to. Anyway, now if you look at the deck plans, you will see that the A3 is not listed as a 2 bedroom and not in Star Class. I would like to think all our time and effort helped someone else not be surprised by mis-information.

Take turns with the floor.

Must have been lucky with my kids, they’d have shared, probably head to toe but they’d have got around it.

I had to share with my brother when we traveled. We survived.

When you book the cruise you should book with a person and told the agent what you need are aleast research your cruise will next time you will know we all learn things from the first time cruising. I usely ask question on ship mate about cruising because every cruise ship are different good luck. Sugar

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

When you book the cruise you should book with a person and told the agent what you need are aleast research your cruise will next time you will know we all learn things from the first time cruising. I usely ask question on ship mate about cruising because every cruise ship are different good luck. Sugar

Huh:confused:

Copied from “First Time Cruisers” by suggestion:

After several weeks of researching cruise companies and ships/itineraries, we finally took the plunge and booked a 4 night cruise on Royal Caribbean’s Enchantment of the Seas. This would be the first ever cruise for our family, and the process can be a bit intimidating, so it was quite a leap of faith we took. In hindsight, it appears our first mistake was booking online directly on RC’s website. However, if we had talked with a travel agent or representative before booking, we may have priced ourselves out of booking. So, at least this has forced us on the ship!

Here’s the issue. We thought our balcony stateroom would have a pulldown bed in addition to the main bed (two twins together) and sofa bed. We have a teenage son and daughter that don’t want to share a bed (the double sofa bed). I called RC customer service after they assigned the room and they said no rooms are available for us to switch to without upgrading for a significant price difference. Their solution, which we’re stuck with, is to have the kids each take the separated twin beds, and the couple share the double sofa bed. I’m 6’8” 300 lbs, so it’s not the most comfortable solution.

Anyone experience a similar issue, or have an alternate solution? We really thought RC customer service would try to keep the experience positive in hopes of acquiring a loyal repeat customer, but they simply fell flat. Their only concern after our stalemate was to try and upsell us on some excursions. Uh, no thank you.

Have the kids share or one sleep on floor. Two adults on those sofa beds isn't easy. They aren't regular size.

Copied from “First Time Cruisers” by suggestion:

After several weeks of researching cruise companies and ships/itineraries, we finally took the plunge and booked a 4 night cruise on Royal Caribbean’s Enchantment of the Seas. This would be the first ever cruise for our family, and the process can be a bit intimidating, so it was quite a leap of faith we took. In hindsight, it appears our first mistake was booking online directly on RC’s website. However, if we had talked with a travel agent or representative before booking, we may have priced ourselves out of booking. So, at least this has forced us on the ship!

Here’s the issue. We thought our balcony stateroom would have a pulldown bed in addition to the main bed (two twins together) and sofa bed. We have a teenage son and daughter that don’t want to share a bed (the double sofa bed). I called RC customer service after they assigned the room and they said no rooms are available for us to switch to without upgrading for a significant price difference. Their solution, which we’re stuck with, is to have the kids each take the separated twin beds, and the couple share the double sofa bed. I’m 6’8” 300 lbs, so it’s not the most comfortable solution.

Anyone experience a similar issue, or have an alternate solution? We really thought RC customer service would try to keep the experience positive in hopes of acquiring a loyal repeat customer, but they simply fell flat. Their only concern after our stalemate was to try and upsell us on some excursions. Uh, no thank you.

It can be very confusing the first time out. I can tell you there will be cancellations at each payment deadline and those times would be when to ask. The 90 day window...the 60 day window.

The pull down bed veranda shouldn't cost anymore. We've had them in standard balconies before - when it was just the two or us. You just have to find someone who has cancelled.

I do find it strange they didn't put you on a list. We have had cabins in locations we didn't like and our cruise rep kept an eye out and moved us when one came open.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Wouldn't you use a travel agent especially for your 1st cruise. Make sure you have the room you need? We still use travel agents after 20 of cruises. You never know what will happen in your life. T/A handles the good and the bad

Sent from my SM-G965F using Forums mobile app