Please Keep Your Dishes Inside

Pretty standard behavior at every hotel around the world. Done with room service? Set it in the hallway, be it a cart or a tray. A cruise line allowing them to sit there for hours is FAILING the most basic standard of hotel management (and they CONSTANTLY remind us that they are a hotel). So sorry, I don't want the remnants of my breakfast sitting in my stateroom until my steward comes that evening, it's going in the hallway. Every. Single. Time.

And if you want to complain about the hallways being small or cluttered, then let's talk about the scooters people fell entitled to leave in the hallway.

And if you want to complain about the hallways being small or cluttered, then let's talk about the scooters people fell entitled to leave in the hallway.

Yup. And blocking up the seating in the buffet because they want that window table. And the theater entrances. And the shops.

And people with kids.

And service animals.

And people who eat like they have to get every penny out of it.

Plenty of "what other people do that annoys me" to go around.

Passengers that use a cane, walker, crutches, scooter or wheelchair do not view trays of food left in the narrow hallways of a cruise ship as gross or nasty; instead many view it as a dangerous obstacle course to contend with. Please leave your trays in your cabin or pick up the phone & call room service for removal.

:cool:

Passengers that use a cane, walker, crutches, scooter or wheelchair do not view trays of food left in the narrow hallways of a cruise ship as gross or nasty; instead many view it as a dangerous obstacle course to contend with. Please leave your trays in your cabin or pick up the phone & call room service for removal.

:cool:

Since my tray of dirty dishes is much smaller than the service carts or dirty laundry bags that are in the halls most of the day, I don't think this should present a major problem. There simply isn't any room in the cabin for a tray of dirty dishes. I'll continue to do as I'm told by RCL.

I often take my dirty dishes to a common area (like buffet, restaurant or lounge) and set them on an empty table or even on a table containing someone else's dirty dishes ready to be cleared. I don't mind making the extra effort to not be a nuisance to other passengers or make extra work for ship staff.

Actually, on Oasis class, there is a room just for the dirty dishes/trays. I saw a worker that was hauling the dirty dishes and trays out of that room so they could power wash the room. There were several racks lining the walls where the trays could be slid in.

Agree. Most ships I been on lately isn't even the room attendants job to remove dishes from hall. PU is only couple times a day so leave them in your room and they will take care of them...

I just put my dirty dishes down the hall with some else's dirty dishes, like to keep my front porch clean...just kidding, or am I?

"Passengers that use a cane, walker, crutches, scooter or wheelchair do not view trays of food left in the narrow hallways of a cruise ship as gross or nasty; instead many view it as a dangerous obstacle course to contend with. Please leave your trays in your cabin or pick up the phone & call room service for removal."

Speaking from personal experience we have never had problems getting my son's wheelchair pass trays. We occasional struggle getting pass the cabin steward's trolley and we always struggle getting pass scooters parked in the hallways.

Cabin staff are not responsible for the dishes. The instructions are to put them outside your doorway. I know and agree, it is a lousy policy. There is "supposed" to be a team that prowl the hallways and pick them up. I think they are the same folks that never let anyone save deck chairs by the pool.

There's instructions? I hadn't seen them.

we have been told to just ring RS again and they will send someone to fetch the plates

That's what I was told on Princess when we ordered room service in the evening. Breakfast the dishes were gone from the room when the room was made up. Don't know who took care of this but the dishes were gone when we returned to the room.

Passengers that use a cane, walker, crutches, scooter or wheelchair do not view trays of food left in the narrow hallways of a cruise ship as gross or nasty; instead many view it as a dangerous obstacle course to contend with. Please leave your trays in your cabin or pick up the phone & call room service for removal.:cool:

I don't know what to tell you. You are DEFINITELY going to encounter this. There are a lot of obstacles in life, more for some than others. But you can complain and pontificate all you want. Or, you can just keep an eye out. Besides, I think you're lamentation is a lot of hyperbole.

Actually, on Oasis class, there is a room just for the dirty dishes/trays. I saw a worker that was hauling the dirty dishes and trays out of that room so they could power wash the room. There were several racks lining the walls where the trays could be slid in.

Doesn't sound like a steward's utility room at all. ;)

Yep, I think I acknowledged the cruise lines or hotels responsibility but I guess it wasn’t clear enough for some. If I’m making more work for the steward I’m sorry but I WILL NOT leave my garbage on the floor.

I will do what the cruise line employees tell me to do. (And I LOL'd at your passive aggressive response, thanks I needed the chuckle.)

As a person who requires the use of a scooter, Mine is larger than most, as a result I find it very difficult to get around stacks of dishes. Yes there have been times that the scooter has tipped over the pile and spilled food on the carpet, and yes dishes have even been broken upon occasion.. The hallways need to be kept clear all ALL obstructions including parked scooters!!!! We always get an accessible room so that the scooter does not need to be parked in the hallway EVER!!!!