Please Keep Your Dishes Inside

Reminds me of the debris around an ant hole.

There is a charge for room service and that should include the service to remove the dishes. Just call RS when you want them picked up. That is what I was told when I asked during my last cruise in January. There should be a note with the delivery advising what to do when finished.

Reminds me of the debris around an ant hole.

There is a charge for room service and that should include the service to remove the dishes. Just call RS when you want them picked up. That is what I was told when I asked during my last cruise in January. There should be a note with the delivery advising what to do when finished.

I haven't ordered room service in a while, but the tray used to have a design on it, and if you looked at the design, it was dozens of "call room service to pick up your dishes when you are finished" messages.

I haven't ordered room service in a while, but the tray used to have a design on it, and if you looked at the design, it was dozens of "call room service to pick up your dishes when you are finished" messages.
Just curious as to how everyone that trips over the room service dishes or finds them to be obstacles passes other people on the hallways. While I agree they look disgusting they take up less room than a person passing by.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

Just curious as to how everyone that trips over the room service dishes or finds them to be obstacles passes other people on the hallways. While I agree they look disgusting they take up less room than a person passing by.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

Minor inconvenience. Scooters, laundry & trash bins are much worse.

I guess we should actually enjoy having that half eaten leftover food all over the hallway. Brings in lots of entertainment when we watch the rats come up from the bilge to have a late night snack. :eek::o;)

It's still garbage in the hallway...no matter how you dress it up.

Some of you don't make sense... you say it's not the room stewards job to clean your trays, but you're supposed to leave them in the room. So who do you then think gets the trays?

If you call RS to come get the trays, you would need to wait around for them to pick them up, right? They can't get into the room without you or the steward.

To me, it makes more sense for RS to note what time the tray was delivered, then go through the hallway about 90 minutes later. Or, every 'x' hours, go through the hallways looking for trays.

And I agree with those who say the housekeeping carts take up WAY more space than RS trays/dishes. If you can't go down a hallway without hitting trays, then you're not getting anywhere if there's room service carts.

I doubt people are trying to be gross with this, because on land-based hotels it's pretty typical that you would place your room service tray outside the room to be returned. Not everyone wants the attendants to enter their room. I do agree though that it's kind of gross if they don't get picked up in a timely manner.

I doubt people are trying to be gross with this, because on land-based hotels it's pretty typical that you would place your room service tray outside the room to be returned. Not everyone wants the attendants to enter their room. I do agree though that it's kind of gross if they don't get picked up in a timely manner.
Its entertaining to walk down the hall and marvel about what folks ordered. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I suppose that there is a simple solution to this problem though if enough people complain...no more room service! ;)
Doubtful now that it's a profit center.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have asked many cabin stewards what to do with the dirty dishes and was always told they would take care of it when they cleaned the cabin. I have never come back to dirty dishes still sitting on the desk. You have to empty the glasses in the sink or they won't take those. They don't want to be accused of taking your drink that you were saving for later. Same with the food plates crumble the napkin on top so that it is clear that you are finished eating it.

I have asked many cabin stewards what to do with the dirty dishes and was always told they would take care of it when they cleaned the cabin. I have never come back to dirty dishes still sitting on the desk. You have to empty the glasses in the sink or they won't take those. They don't want to be accused of taking your drink that you were saving for later. Same with the food plates crumble the napkin on top so that it is clear that you are finished eating it.

This!

We don't place dishes or trays in the hall as it is not a big deal if we have to wait a bit for pick-up. We are not going to clutter public walkways with our used dishes and trays. We have also used our own feet (radical, I know!) to return used dishes to the Windjammer.