Breakaway - fastest breakfast venue for port days?

KittyloverCA

Ok which of the main places are fastest?

Surely on any day the one with the fewest people and most staff there and you can only find that out on the morning you are wanting a fast meal. Also remember that a "skeleton" staff works the main dining breakfast room till the main staff arrive about 30 minutes after opening.

If you want "fast" go to the buffet.

I have always found the buffet to be fast. If your cabin happens to be more toward the front of the ship you can stop by the Maltings bar for pastries and coffee until it is all out. Check your dailies - sometimes Margaritaville or Moderno are also open for buffet breakfast and those are smaller venues with no crowd when they are open.

I have always found the buffet to be fast. If your cabin happens to be more toward the front of the ship you can stop by the Maltings bar for pastries and coffee until it is all out. Check your dailies - sometimes Margaritaville or Moderno are also open for buffet breakfast and those are smaller venues with no crowd when they are open.

Ok thanks, I wasn’t sure if the buffets would be really crowded on port days.

Is that a Haven perk? Just been upgraded

You can order breakfast from the main dining room or the Haven’s restaurant. Your butler will bring it and serve it to you on a high table cloth complementary. For example you can order fried eggs, omelettes, Tahitian French toast, fillet steak, ham, bacon, sausage, fresh bread, fresh fruit, coffee, juice, and a diet Pepsi.

1307aa6709b92f441f6688114db06cbc.jpg

You can order breakfast from the main dining room or the Haven’s restaurant. Your butler will bring it and serve it to you on a high table cloth complementary. For example you can order fried eggs, omelettes, Tahitian French toast, fillet steak, ham, bacon, sausage, fresh bread, fresh fruit, coffee, juice, and a diet Pepsi.

1307aa6709b92f441f6688114db06cbc.jpg

Now I'm hungry. Lol! [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G935U using Forums mobile app

The great outdoors. They have grab and go breakfast sandwiches and a bunch of other quick eats.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Breakaway does not have a Great Outdoors, so this won't work for the poster.

OP - The buffet is as fast as you want it to be, or to avoid crowds, head upstairs from the buffet to Margaritaville, which has serve-yourself mini buffet style complimentary breakfast (check your freestyle dailies to be sure it will be open on the port days you need.)

Last year (on sister-ship Getaway), we went to Moderno buffet breakfast on the very early port days. We did not want to order room service for fear that it would arrive too late.

I would guess it is the same set up, and there was plenty of room to sit. Not an over-abundance of variety (you can click on my link below for my review, which will have more details), but there was enough different items so that none of us went hungry.

Last year (on sister-ship Getaway), we went to Moderno buffet breakfast on the very early port days. We did not want to order room service for fear that it would arrive too late.

I would guess it is the same set up, and there was plenty of room to sit. Not an over-abundance of variety (you can click on my link below for my review, which will have more details), but there was enough different items so that none of us went hungry.

Thank you! And I went down the rabbit hole and saw your very detailed reports on doing this cruise with teens and tween, of which I have one of each, so I read the info with great interest!

Ok thanks, I wasn’t sure if the buffets would be really crowded on port days.

We got off the Breakaway at the beginning of July. The main buffet was crowded on port days, and difficult to find seating. Many days there was a smaller buffet at Moderno, and we had no problem finding seating there when we went. Much smaller crowd, at least for us.

I always have done room service on early port days. If I ordered it to come at 7:15am, it was always there on time or even early. This was in the Haven and was complimentary. I would still order if not in the Haven for a $7.95 service charge. Worth it to me.

I would also recommend bringing snacks with you to take on excursions, like prepackaged protein bars. We brought these from home because you cannot take food off the ship. Some of the excursions that I have been on do not have lunch until later on in the early afternoon and we got hungry way before then.