Infinite Verandas - Who Knew?

vtcruising

Only joking - we spent the cruise wondering who it was that had the balcony door open and then when we saw that the IV cabin was next to us we blamed that (light heartedly). We are in one next year so can't criticise too much ;-)

Oh I know you were joking! I’m just looking forward to comparing them on our Edge cruises next July.

Wendy

I like the overall look. I am not sure I like the bed by balcony, it makes the balcony part look cramped and I think the balcony doesn't have much space. I am hoping cabins will open up after final payment so that I can find an Aqua 2 room with bed by bath.

The other interesting thing about these rooms is that it appears as if there will not be normal blackout curtains at the bi-fold doors from the cabin to the infinite verandah, there will instead ONLY be an electricly operated blackout shade that can be lowered in front of the infinite verandah when closed. This means that if I get up early and want to sit on the verandah with the glass down and shade up there will be ZERO option to block light into the cabin allowing my travel companion to sleep in. I think this is a HUGE FAIL design wise and hope that they rectify it. If not then I would not ever book an infinite verandah on this ship and instead only do a standard/sunset verandah or oceanview (suites are out of me budget). Really limits ones choice and I think will garner LOTS of complaints!!!!!

I wonder if they divided the up/down shade in two pieces as to allow only the shade over door to lower and open. This would help with some lighting problems in early morning hours.... time will tell. I sail April 7 & 14, 2019 B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean. E1 Category!! Excited! But 3 cruises before these 2 sailings!!

I like the overall look. I am not sure I like the bed by balcony, it makes the balcony part look cramped and I think the balcony doesn't have much space. I am hoping cabins will open up after final payment so that I can find an Aqua 2 room with bed by bath.

We will stick with our bed by balc..although we usually prefer it by the bath.We had no choice when we booked and had no deck plan at that point The bed is so big it will be cramped in either space..

We will stick with our bed by balc..although we usually prefer it by the bath.We had no choice when we booked and had no deck plan at that point The bed is so big it will be cramped in either space..

I actually had the choice to book with bed by bath but I just didn't pay attention to the indents and didn't think much of it. I wish I had but I am sure it will be fine. I am also paranoid about requesting changes because I don't want perks / pricing to change (it happened in the past when it shouldn't have. I got it corrected but it kind of mark me for future past final payment changes)

I was told on another thread that the Veranda doors will open outward ...that will save a bit of space.

Photo perspective must be a bit deceptive because there has to be good clearance around the bed to get to the Veranda.

The problem with doors opening outward is that it appears we’ll need to move the furniture around each time we wish to open or close the bi-fold doors. Though it’s great that Celebrity hired a designer who was able to think outside the box, this isn’t the first time I’ve wished Ms. Hoppen had been required to work with a designer having extensive ship cabin design experience, and a Biomechanical Engineer having a superior grasp of ergonomics.

I actually had the choice to book with bed by bath but I just didn't pay attention to the indents and didn't think much of it. I wish I had but I am sure it will be fine. I am also paranoid about requesting changes because I don't want perks / pricing to change (it happened in the past when it shouldn't have. I got it corrected but it kind of mark me for future past final payment changes)

You won’t face any changes in your contact requesting SR changes within the SR code you already have. Check with your TA or Celebrity, depending on who you booked with and ask. there are websites that show what SRs are open and you can check there too.

I’m in the same situation: i have a bed near the balcony and I’d rather have a bed near the BR to give us more room to socialize, but I can’t change becaue we have a B2B and there are no one SR with the config I want on both cruises.

Den

We booked a bed by the balcony because we prefer to be as close to the sea as possible. I can see that it is not as open, but to wake up feeling like you are right by the sea will be amazing. Having said that, with the size of the bed I may feel like I am sleeping in / on the balcony !

VIDEO of IV! More of the bathroom shelves, insides of closets!

Great video! Many thanks to you for posting, and to Andy for filming it:) The closet appears well designed, including the horizontal storage storage we’d hope to see. I believe I spotted a shoe rack, or maybe it’s a shelf that’s not yet installed. I’m curious about those small white things on the wall of the left side closet. They appear to be meant to hold shelves. I cannot accurately judge the size of the closet, but I think DH and I will have enough easily accessible storage for our attire.

Edited by Silkroad

Thanks! It was good to get a quick peek in the closet! Here are a few screen shots:

Safe in closet with more drawers!! :D

enhance

left side of closet (lower half - he was too quick to see if there was a shelf on top)

enhance

bathroom shots:

enhance

enhance

Great video! Many thanks to you for posting, and to Andy for filming it:) The closet appears well designed, including the horizontal storage storage we’d hope to see. I believe I spotted a shoe rack, or maybe it’s a shelf that’s not yet installed. I’m curious about those small white things on the wall of the left side closet. They appear to be meant to hold shelves. I cannot accurately judge the size of the closet, but I think DH and I will have enough easily accessible storage for our attire.

For some reason, Andy's video will not load for me. So if anyone has captured more pics of the closet. Please post. Thanks.

I think there is storage under the art nook. I believe he couldn’t open it because he was trying from the wrong hinge side. So maybe more shelves in there...

Thanks for posting and the active link.

Space underneath the niche could be handy for all sorts of stuff .At least a few more drawers in closet.

We,ll manage for a week and also our 9 night cruise..

Wonder what deck that was on

Couldn,t tell if the window was making noise when it went up and down

Wont be long now!

Thanks for posting and the active link.

Space underneath the niche could be handy for all sorts of stuff .At least a few more drawers in closet.

We,ll manage for a week and also our 9 night cruise..

Wonder what deck that was on

Couldn,t tell if the window was making noise when it went up and down

Wont be long now!

Looking at the very helpful video again, I’m not convinced the area below the niche is storage, though that would be useful. I am very happy to see those drawers in the closet. It looks like there’s space for shoes below the drawers, because I think that large white rack must be meant to be installed elsewhere. Nice shower head. I think there are plenty of shelves in the bathroom, though the short rails won’t be an effective corral for anything tall. It’s obvious that some things aren’t quite finished (the closet, for example). I think the nightstands contain at least one cubby or shelf. The closet rod arrangement isn’t yet clear, but I’m certain DH and I will have enough storage for our 15-night cruise, especially since we will hand wash a few items & use our new laundry benefit:D

I think the IV window was making that whirring motor noise (and the annoying squeal) but DH thinks it could have been construction noise we heard. If I’m correct, I do hope the squeal isn’t a regular feature. I guess we’ll find out before long;)