Just a wee laugh

dennisamor

BEING Elite members of Princess Cruises' loyalty club we get special privileges, such as having clothing laundered and pressed for free. Have been unpacking after our last cruise and had to laugh when I found this label stuck in my undies. Coincidence ... or laundry staff having a joke??!!

pee2.jpg.e71df310f1e3e40b94559d7a5f0f7aed.jpg

BEING Elite members of Princess Cruises' loyalty club we get special privileges, such as having clothing laundered and pressed for free. Have been unpacking after our last cruise and had to laugh when I found this label stuck in my undies. Coincidence ... or laundry staff having a joke??!!

Not sure if they were having a joke but it made me laugh. That was a good one. Thanks for the laugh!!!

Its just a reference number so your laundry gets back to you.

Its not because you are "special"

Whatever adhesive they use when they iron these labels on is very strong, I have damaged clothes trying to remove them before now, have to very careful with delicate fabrics.

By the way the 'loyalty club" is called the Captain's Circle

Did you get Elite by way of past P and O cruises?

Whatever adhesive they use when they iron these labels on is very strong, I have damaged clothes trying to remove them before now, have to very careful with delicate fabrics.

What do you mean by the question in the last line of your post? What is the relevance of your question?

Why are you so snippy? The joke was in the reference number. No-one was bragging that they were special. We are Elite thanks to P&O getting us down the final furlong before we qualified, but we have sailed a lot with Princess anyway. How someone gets to Elite is their business - no-one qualifies unless they are entitled to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why are you so snippy? The joke was in the reference number. No-one was bragging that they were special. We are Elite thanks to P&O getting us down the final furlong before we qualified, but we have sailed a lot with Princess anyway. How someone gets to Elite is their business - no-one qualifies unless they are entitled to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(y)

What do you mean by the question in the last line of your post? What is the relevance of your question?

Was surprised that someone gets to be Elite without knowing its called Captains Circle.

Not that they can now, P and O don't count any more , its been stopped, unless you are grandfathered in.

My P and O were never counted towards my Princess levels.

Apparently Dover to Calais didn't qualify as a cruise.

Edited by Griller

Was surprised that someone gets to be Elite without knowing its called Captains Circle.

Actually it is very simple.

When one has been cruising a long time on multiple lines and is a member of multiple loyalty programs, the exact names for the loyalty programs, boarding pass (room key, charge card), and the daily planners for each line all merge together.

When typing a post, the exact terminology for that line does not always come to mind.

And by the way, the first name I think of for the Princess program is Circolo del Comandante- then Captain's Circle.

We were platinum on Princess before we ever set foot on a Princess cruise ship.

When one has been cruising a long time on multiple lines and is a member of multiple loyalty programs, the exact names for the loyalty programs, boarding pass (room key, charge card), and the daily planners for each line all merge together.

When typing a post, the exact terminology for that line does not always come to mind.

And by the way, the first name I think of for the Princess program is Circolo del Comandante- then Captain's Circle.

My biggest problem is remembering which name to call the Lido buffet.

Especially between Windjammer and Horizon Court.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Circolo del Comandante - I was thinking the exact same thing prior to reading your post, obviously you cruised Sitmar as well.

Not that they can now, P and O don't count any more , its been stopped, unless you are grandfathered in.

My P and O were never counted towards my Princess levels.

Apparently Dover to Calais didn't qualify as a cruise.

It is not possible to determine whether dennisamor knows the name of the Princess loyalty scheme. He simply does not use its name. If you cruise with a number of cruise lines it is difficult to know the name of each scheme. You for example do not use the name of the P&O cruises loyalty scheme.

Cruises undertaken by the parent company P&O Cruises would have previously counted under certain circumstances towards Princess loyalty for obvious reasons. However the original poster, dennisamor comes from Queensland and it seems likely to be that many of his cruises would have been completed with P&O Australia. A different cruise company.

Similarly P&O sailing Dover to Calais would not have been cruises and another different company; P&O Ferries.

Many cruise lines, where they run a loyalty scheme do a tally of nights on board of successfully completed cruises.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

My biggest problem is remembering which name to call the Lido buffet.

Especially between Windjammer and Horizon Court.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, that is always a problem. I also throw Calumet, Windows, Raffles, Mamsen, and several others into the mix. I just call it the buffet

DUH...........

and I think the OP is special for giving me my laugh for the day......

MY posting was really meant as a funny designed to make people smile. Who really cares about my background ... but just for the record I have sailed on many cruise lines since the late 1960s including Russian, Greek, British (P&O and Cunard) and even the humble Fairstar out of Sydney. Oh, and yes I did know it was the Captain's Circle (but again, who cares). What I find is a great turn-off is still meeting passengers whose opening line is: "And how many cruises have you been on?" Who gives a s...!!!!!

What I find is a great turn-off is still meeting passengers whose opening line is: "And how many cruises have you been on?" Who gives a s...!!!!!

Agreed. Or meeting passengers whose opening line is, "What type of cabin do you have? " Then they immediately add that theirs is bigger. :) ( sorry to be off-topic).