“Dam” ship t-shirts

bbw187

Good morning, on a previous Alaska cruise years ago, I purchased a shirt with this phrase in the ship gift shop. By any chance, are they still offered? Specifically, Oosterdam. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off the Eurodam yesterday. I was able to get a "DAM" ship shirt for DH and there was a nice size range. However, nothing else really in the DAM ship phrase. Everything was ship specific. We have a few DAM ship items and my favorite is my license plate holder that reads "My other car is a DAM ship"! It's been on two vehicles!

Karen

We noticed they are moving away from the generic "dam ship" logos on everything no matter which ship or itinerary, but replaced them with very cheezy specific ship logos and graphics that can have nothing to do with the ship or even the itinerary, and too poorly made really to enjoy as a souvenir.

Just the name of the ship blasted on to something. In the past (here we go again) they used to offer ship-specific and highly collectible quality items. Glad we got them when we did. One more ship shopping experience disconnect.

They complain about low on board spending and put undesireable, poor quality merchandise in the shops and then wonder why we don't buy it. Duh ! There has been little o buy inT he shops for yEARS now

Actually on our last cruise (Prinsendam), they had nice personalized Tshirts, sweat shirts, etc. All with the name of the ship as well as some with DAM ships.

the quality was quite good.

There were also some nice little collectibles if one is into that type of thing.

The sweatshirts were nice enough for us to each purchase one (on sale).

Much improved comparing to what we saw on the Rotterdam and Westerdam previously.

We just got off the Eurodam yesterday. I was able to get a "DAM" ship shirt for DH and there was a nice size range. However, nothing else really in the DAM ship phrase. Everything was ship specific. We have a few DAM ship items and my favorite is my license plate holder that reads "My other car is a DAM ship"! It's been on two vehicles!

Karen

Too Cute! Love It! ;p

On Maasdam in May. Much to my disappointment, the "new and improved" shops had zero "Dam Ships" merch and pretty much no merch of any kind that I wanted to purchase. Got a Maasdam shirt (available in same design in white, orange, and navy blue) and that's it. For more specifics, I've written about this before on a couple of older threads, I think about the new shopping experience. I love the "Dam Ships" stuff and would've been thrilled to get more. Guess I'll have to love the one t-shirt I do have (that sadly has a hole in the armpit) unless by some miracle Zuiderdam has something better when I board her in December.

Karen

OMG, too funny re: license plate holder. I've never seen that offered for sale on any ship. Hope the Rotterdam has one when I board in seven days.

On one recent cruise, I purchased a light blue t-shirt that had all of the current ships' names listed. It fit OK when I tried it on, but after a couple of trips in my laundry (washing even with cold water and drying with low heat), it shrunk. It fits, but more snugly than I like.

On the other hand, aboard Amsterdam last July, I purchased a specific white/blue Amsterdam t-shirt that had a drawing of the ship and sort of like a blueprint pattern. Love the shirt and it has laundered well!

One shirt I wore whose large print message was "DAM SHIRT" on its front. When I first wore it to my gym session, the staff raised an "eyebrow" upon reading the message. I needed to explain before being told that the shirt was "inappropriate" attire.

I am onboard the Veendam, the merchandise has changed dramatically from the varied offerings that I saw in the shops on the Westerdam last year. And not to the better. There is one shop with just the logo wear - T-shirts and red baseball hats with I believe the Veendam embroidered on it, and then various merchandise with the dark blue standard logo on them - such as sun straw hats, bags, toiletry bags,etc.

Then there is almost another entire shop with tons of branded merchandise (shot glasses, coffee mugs, T-shirt’s, note cards & journal books to name a few) with an almost indiscernible logo on it that says (if you look REAL close) -‘Haven’t been there yet but it’s on my list’ (memory may not be exact) - this and another saying that I can’t remember is on tons of merchandise. But if it does say HAL you wouldn’t known it, it’s not obvious which is why I don’t recall if it did or didn’t.

Nothing in the shops tempted me to buy it.

They also have a line of beach bags that are big enough to put a child in them. Bizzare.

There is still a very small sundry/liquor shop and TONS of high end jewlellery shops.

They are rebranding for sure.

I have a dam shirt that says '' keep calm and cruise on''.

Its wearing well and is often a topic of conversation at gym class. My other dam shirt is ''Seas the day''

Sandra

Saw someone wearing that on my European cruise last year..looked for it in the shops but no luck.

Karen

I bought one of the license plate holders on the clearance table several years ago. Last month I had to toss it out as it broke in half. It was nice while it lasted.

Sent from my iPad using Forums