Best item you have eaten at Blu

tml

We are excited about our upcoming sailing on the Silhouette. I have read some mixed reviews about the quality of food in Blu lately. We have sailed several times with Celebrity and this will be our first AC cabin, and was looking forward to dinning in Blu. Would love to hear your thoughts on the on your dinning experiences in Blu. What is the best dish you have eaten in Blu? Thanks for sharing! :)

I like the lamb chops, but they are no better than the lamb chops in the MDR. As a matter of fact for me there is no great difference between Blu and the MDR as far as the food goes. Blu is smaller and sometimes the service is better but it can be very noisy. Many people swear by it so we hope you enjoy it

I would love to hear your opinion of Blu on the Silhouette, as DW and I are doing B2Bs on that ship in December. I know what to expect food wise, but I am a bit concerned about the service which has not always been the best

So many I cant tell...

Food is at least as good as in MDR. I am saying this because the food in MDR isn´t bad either.

However, the big difference is ambiance and service. While MDR can be rushed, hectic and loud, BLU is more intimate and the staff really has more time to take care of you.

We only did one cruise not in AQ and missed BLU every single day!

The best meal I’ve ever had in Blu was on the old menu and always served the first night was seared ahi tuna with forbidden(black) rice. Always incredible. Sadly it did not appear on the new menu during our last X cruise. Very disappointing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It would be easier for me to say what I didn't like - the little birds. I hadn't had squab, quail, etc. in many years to wanted to try them again - a lot of work (bones) for very little reward.

Most fish and meat I've really liked.

BOSOXL- I too think that the food in the main dining is pretty good. I was hoping with the cost of the AC cabins going up so much lately, that celebrity would make sure their customers are getting what they paid for. Seems the only real advantage of AC is dining in Blu. If we don't experience a noticeable difference from the main dining room, then this will be a once only AC cabin for us. As others have mentioned on this site, getting the best veranda cabin and eating all dinners in the specialty restaurants may be an overall ( and cheaper) better choice. I will definitely post my thoughts on Blu on my return. ;)

BOSOXL- I too think that the food in the main dining is pretty good. I was hoping with the cost of the AC cabins going up so much lately, that celebrity would make sure their customers are getting what they paid for. Seems the only real advantage of AC is dining in Blu. If we don't experience a noticeable difference from the main dining room, then this will be a once only AC cabin for us. As others have mentioned on this site, getting the best veranda cabin and eating all dinners in the specialty restaurants may be an overall ( and cheaper) better choice. I will definitely post my thoughts on Blu on my return. ;)
We've tried Aqua Class and Blu twice, once on Summit and once on Solstice. It was okay, but really not impressed. It was best on Solstice, but on Summit after the second night we asked to be moved to the MDR. Service was painfully slow, the room was loud and the tables so close together I could have cut my neighbours meat. The cabins are really not a big deal and for the extra money I would rather eat in specialty restaurants. I know some folks love Blu, so I hope you enjoy it, too. Edited by Lady Arwen
spelling

Thank you to all who have replied, we will definitely give them all a try.

When did Blu release their new menus?

Does anyone have and pictures of the new Blu menus?

Are the new menus better then the old ones?

Thanks!

Thank you to all who have replied, we will definitely give them all a try.

When did Blu release their new menus?

Does anyone have and pictures of the new Blu menus?

Are the new menus better then the old ones?

Thanks!

On our last cruise, we were not impressed with the 'new' menu. Seems that there has been an increase in poultry/game birds. And I did not care for a gravy being poured over the warm water lobster tail instead of butter. On the 'new' menu, there were also fewer desserts than in the past and a push to buy specialty drinks..

Just have what you like or try something different that you wouldn’t normally make or order.

We found that even though the entree may be the same it will be made different or not as good as the last time.

I had a soft shell crab in Blu and never had one before. It was great. On our next cruise I ordered it again and it was oozing with grease, smelled bad and had a nasty taste. I took a bite and spit it out. It was nasty. I ordered it again on the next cruise. It was way over fried, dried out and looked as if it came from the dregs of the deep fryer. Never ordered it again.

My wife was getting bored with basically ordering the same entrees and decided to try the meatloaf. It was fantastic. It was two medallions wrapped in a thin slice of steak. She said it was one of the best dinners she had. On the next cruise she ordered it again and it was basiclally a hamburger patty. She was really disappointed as she was raving about how good it was and recommending it to everyone.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

It's been a few years since we sailed in AQ, but the only dish I remember (which, admittedly, might not be on the "new" menu) was blue cheese risotto. It was delicious - at least enough for me to remember more than four years later!

We were on the Summit two weeks ago and everything is Blue was great but my very favorite was the rack of lamb. Oh, on lobster night our waiter kept offering me more...it was really good but one is my limit of I kept saying no thank you.

Here´s a video of most of BLU´s old menus and some food.

The new menus are different, yes... but not that much different. They just gut rid of one course, but you can order as much as you like.

I would really be surprised if you would not find a difference between MDR and Blu. Food is one thing - however, BLU is just so much more relaxed and more personal.

[YOUTUBE]IZ5eFfLRz0k[/YOUTUBE]