Split the Royal Caribbean site here on Cruise Critic?

I prefer one stop shopping. Even if I am not cruising on a particular ship I find myself reading topics of interest in case I do.

I agree.

I might be cruising on one class today - but the points raised on here will give me an in-site into other ships / itineraries etc., that I am gong on in the future.

Please dont change it :D

I like it the way it is. I enjoy reading the posts even if not relevant to my next cruise plans.

One problem that is apparent is that information shared about Oasis and Quantum class ships is often not relevant to other ships and can cause confusion. However, I am not convinced that having separate forums solves this problem.

When the Oasis class ships were first being built, there was a split between the threads tracking Oasis and all else RCL. Once the Oasis was delivered and the Allure was under construction the split was removed.

I prefer one stop shopping. Even if I am not cruising on a particular ship I find myself reading topics of interest in case I do.

Agree. In the last two years we've sailed three different classes so I'm all for keeping them together.

Same for Quantum class.

Are we too far out for a separate Icon section?

Probably, but it does make sense when a completely new class of ship comes out to separate the inevitable discussion about its unique features from the existing classes of ships where posters have actual insights to share. I am glad they do this, and I am also glad when the knowledge base gets large enough that the threads can be merged so that questions that cross classes can be discussed at the same time.

No need to split. Many posts apply across the fleet. There are already pre-made filters on Cruise Critic to select only posts about a specific ship. My only suggestion would to be have pre-made filters by ship class (Oasis, Quantum, Freedom, etc.)

I agree and also I think your suggestion is a very good one.

~ Judy

Do you all remember when CC changed the format last year? We all had a hissy fit. (still have a hard time on my iphone) sometimes.

Happen's. Been on here since 1997, have seen lot of change good and bad... Myself, prefer previous one.

What WOULD be helpful is an actual, up-to-date, cohesive FAQ section in a sub-forum, although I fear it would cut down on about 95% of the discussions here.

Within that FAQ section, there could be separate threads for:

drink packages

specialty dining

making show reservations in advance

Adventure Ocean (can my child go up/down an age level to be with their sibling?)

scooters/wheelchairs/accessible rooms

MDR vs MTD

fashion choices in the dining room (tank top and shorts are ok, it's MY vacation too!)

the soda package (no, you do NOT have to lug the big cup around everywhere to get a pop at a bar!)

where you can eat for free and where you have to pay and what drinks are included (yes, you can get milk for your child at meals... why you're feeding cow milk to a human child is another question entirely)

towels for pool/beach (check them out and return them and check your balance before the end of the cruise)

smoking and where it is/isn't allowed (let's ban it altogether...discuss!)

tipping (extra at the end or in advance, removing auto-grats, who's a monster, etc.)

items you can/cannot carry on (pop, water, wine, rice cooker, clothing irons)

how to print luggage tags and SetSail Pass (with links to buy the plastic luggage tag holders that everyone raves about)

refundable and non-refundable deposits and how they work

charters (the fear of everyone with a cruise booked far in the future)

Diamond lounge vs Suite lounge vs drink vouchers

Coco Cay / Labadee cabanas / bungalows / beachbeds

The above topics are broached weekly if not daily, and while it gets tedious for those who see them over and over and over, the information is normally actually helpful for people. If we had a place where people could easily find the answers they need (instead of a gazillion stickied threads that nobody reads at the top of the forum), it might make things more enjoyable for everyone around here.

The introduction of the Oasis class ships and all those that followed, should Cruise Critic consider splitting the Royal fleet? SO many threads do not apply to Voyager or Freedom class, etc that do apply to Oasis and above. Dining, balconies, amenities etc. Just asking a question. List two catagories?

Separate the classes? Many ships have bravely fought for cruise ship civil rights. Why are you trying to go backwards?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And that's bad, why?
Most questions can be answered by Bob in one answer.

The additional discussions keep the threads active amongst cruise lovers and sometimes they might get off track but often you can learn things and make new friends.