Split the Royal Caribbean site here on Cruise Critic?

The introduction of the Oasis class ships and all those that followed, should Cruise Critic consider splitting the Royal fleet? SO many threads do not apply to Voyager or Freedom class, etc that do apply to Oasis and above. Dining, balconies, amenities etc. Just asking a question. List two catagories?

No need to split. Many posts apply across the fleet. There are already pre-made filters on Cruise Critic to select only posts about a specific ship. My only suggestion would to be have pre-made filters by ship class (Oasis, Quantum, Freedom, etc.)

I think it would result in confusion and posting to the wrong forum by newbies (and some experienced cruisers), which would in turn lead to comments of "go the correct forum" as often as we see "use the search feature"at this time.

^ This, exactly.

I think there are already too many boards here, but they are free to use and this is a good resource. :)

I think it would result in confusion and posting to the wrong forum by newbies (and some experienced cruisers), which would in turn lead to comments of "go the correct forum" as often as we see "use the search feature"at this time.

Agree absolutely.....I actually don't care for the response (and there are a few select posters) that love to post

"use the search feature". So no need to give them an additional opportunity to do so.

I think that splitting this forum is an excellent idea.

The two groups should be:

1. Threads about cruising on Royal Caribbean.

2. Threads that devolve into the same three or four posters chatting with each other.

2. Threads that devolve into the same three or four posters chatting with each other.

Everyone is very welcome to post not just a handful of regulars but unfortunately a lot of people lurk and they must enjoy reading the posts by the number of reads the threads get.

i think that splitting this forum is an excellent idea.

1. Threads about cruising on royal caribbean.

agree!!

Hmmm...Yeah, those "personal chatter's" need their own thread...isn't their a name for that :confused::D

Hmmm...Yeah, those "personal chatter's" need their own thread...isn't their a name for that :confused::D
Strange there are high numbers of people reading these threads that don't participate so obviously a lot of people are interested.

It would be nice if all members chipped in with views but usually it's left to a few.