Do I have a right to be angry?

247kay

I booked a balcony cabin at a rate where the cabin would be choosen for me. I have done this before on a ship without cove balconies. I asked the agent MULTIPLE times if I might get a cove. I had already checked and noticed all the coves were booked anyways and she assured me over and over that I would not be assigned a cove. Well guess what....COVE! I am frustrated and feel that since there are numerous balconies open they should be able to move me with out charging me. I may would have left my booking as is if I had known this was a possibility (I was booked on a another sailing). This was not my fault in my view as I was assured by their agent that a cove was not a possibility. I don't want to hear from people about how they love the coves I know some people feel that way but we wanted a regular balcony and I feel that I should have gotten one as this is what I was told. Is there someone else I can contact to ask about this. When I call their regular number I just get very unhelpful vacation planner.

You really can't be mad, you booked a guarantee rate room, your agent has no control over which type of balcony Carnival assigns to you. Your agent may have been speaking from prior experience where passengers booked guarantee room and didn't get cove balconies.

Since you were adamant that you did not want a Cove with the original booking agent, at the very least you should get a supervisor and report that agent by name for giving you false information.

Otherwise, I think booking a guaranteed balcony means you can be assigned any balcony, anywhere on the ship, it's the luck of the draw. That's what the agent should have told you. Sorry this happened to you.

I want to be reasonable ya know. I am not the type to call a company or anyone for that matter and raise a fuss over something. I may see if we can come up the money to upgrade I just wish we had know when we booked because I had the money then for sure to pay for picking my own cabin and would have done so and had more to select from if I had known.

Love the coves, perhaps go with the flow on this one. Assigned cabin means just that ,assigned .

It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood !

th?id=OGC.2c1b891b8c154ea6bf3f627468560847&pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2foIaRmnXkR5mrS%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=MA6ZuYM23f3vSSuqH3QZ8w

When you are in a cove can you feel the breeze? It just seems that when seated you wouldn't be able to see the water at all. I will say a silver lining and one reason I did not want an assigned cove was the possibility of being below the galley and this one is just barely in front of the galley so there is that.

Unfortunately, the turnover rate of Carnival PVPs is pretty high. And the likelihood of receiving incorrect information from a Carnival employee is also very high. The cove balconies may have been booked when you called, but someone canceled or was upsold to a regular balcony or suite. Cove balconies normally sell for less than upper balconies and Carnival will put a guaranteed reservation in the least expensive guarantee cabin that is available.

Carnival has fulfilled their portion of the deal by putting you in a balcony as they guaranteed. Oral statements by PVPs do not override the contract. I suspect Carnival will do nothing for you. If you want a regular balcony you will probably have to pay the extra amount for it.

I booked a balcony cabin at a rate where the cabin would be choosen for me. I have done this before on a ship without cove balconies. I asked the agent MULTIPLE times if I might get a cove. I had already checked and noticed all the coves were booked anyways and she assured me over and over that I would not be assigned a cove. Well guess what....COVE! I am frustrated and feel that since there are numerous balconies open they should be able to move me with out charging me. I may would have left my booking as is if I had known this was a possibility (I was booked on a another sailing). This was not my fault in my view as I was assured by their agent that a cove was not a possibility. I don't want to hear from people about how they love the coves I know some people feel that way but we wanted a regular balcony and I feel that I should have gotten one as this is what I was told. Is there someone else I can contact to ask about this. When I call their regular number I just get very unhelpful vacation planner.

You said you didn’t want to hear about people loving the cove balcony and what’s the first reply. They love the cove balcony. If people would only read

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It would be impossible for any agent to guarantee that you would not get a cove balcony when you book a balcony "guarantee". You gave up your right to choose when you picked that sort of booking. You can be given any sort of balcony at all.

Sorry you are not happy with what you got.

Sorry this has happened to you.

Personally if one books a cabin to be assigned by Carnival you get what you get. If one wants a specific cabin then they should book that way.

The cruise lines job is to fill every cabin. How would you feel if you had been assigned a "regular" cabin with a view of the lifeboats?

Over the years the the "guarantee" cabins selection has changed. We used to book that way thru a PVP and we always got what we wanted until we didn't. We now opt to select our cabin book Early Saver and watch for price drops.

I know you don't want to hear about how people love the cove balconies, but we are a couple who personally would rather have a cove than a regular balcony! Much more privacy and more of a breeze without all that glass in front of you.

Can you cancel and rebook selecting the balcony you want?

Have a great cruise...it's always better than a day in the office.

Really can't get mad since you did book a guarantee. As you said, all the coves were booked when you called the agent, which is probably why they told you that you wouldn't be assigned one. In the meantime, somebody in a cove cancelled or moved and you were assigned that cabin. Sorry this happened to you, but you really can't request or specify which or which not cabins you can be assigned to and the agent should have told you that. :cool:

Sorry this has happened to you.

Personally if one books a cabin to be assigned by Carnival you get what you get. If one wants a specific cabin then they should book that way.

The cruise lines job is to fill every cabin. How would you feel if you had been assigned a "regular" cabin with a view of the lifeboats?

Over the years the the "guarantee" cabins selection has changed. We used to book that way thru a PVP and we always got what we wanted until we didn't. We now opt to select our cabin book Early Saver and watch for price drops.

I know you don't want to hear about how people love the cove balconies, but we are a couple who personally would rather have a cove than a regular balcony! Much more privacy and more of a breeze without all that glass in front of you.

Can you cancel and rebook selecting the balcony you want?

Have a great cruise...it's always better than a day in the office.

I knew that on ships with obstructed views that was a possibility but I also knew the Dream doesn't have obstructed views.

I was afraid the cove would feel closed in and not open and also that there would be no breeze. In your experience there was more of a breeze? I also felt that when seated all I would see is the sky and not the sea.

Here is a blunt answer to your question - not intended to be rude, but simply as my observation.

Yes. You have a right to be mad. But your anger at Carnival is misplaced. You should be mad at yourself. You must be 21 and married, or over 25 if you are booking a room and I assume given the number of cruises and the fact that you had booked these before, I am guessing more mature than that. You made a classic human error of believing what someone told you, because it was what you wanted to hear.

But if you had stopped to think about it, did you really think that a PVP could control what room you would be assigned when you booked a guarantee? Have you ever read the terms of what a guarantee cabin means? It boils down to buyer beware - Carnival did 100% what they were entitled to do and it was your mistake on taking a verbal assurance of someone without control, yet have a written contract that dominates.

I am sure that is not what you wanted to hear...but it is my honest thoughts on the matter. I am sorry that you made this mistake. The great thing is in the scope of life it is really a minor error and can be remedied by spending a little more money to get the room you want.

I hope you are able to enjoy your cruise.

You said you didn’t want to hear about people loving the cove balcony and what’s the first reply. They love the cove balcony. If people would only read

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Editing is a wonderous thing. Opinions are given even if a person wants to read them or not .

I love the coves th?id=OIP.5740IAsleFW8DxCFJSTIyQHaEg&w=276&h=165&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

I knew that on ships with obstructed views that was a possibility but I also knew the Dream doesn't have obstructed views.

I was afraid the cove would feel closed in and not open and also that there would be no breeze. In your experience there was more of a breeze? I also felt that when seated all I would see is the sky and not the sea.

The breeze on the cove balcony is wonderful. There is no glass wall, there is railing and the steel is cut out, you can stick your legs and toes thru the opening. There is a nice steel shelf where you can rest your beverage of choice and look out at the water.

We find the glass and the top railing on a regular balcony block the line of site, not so in a cove. Plus we enjoy the privacy of being able to get away from the crowds on the ship.

The only other balcony we have enjoyed more than cove balcony is an aft wrap on the Liberty. That cruise we only left the room long enough to replenish beverages and food!

Have you thought of doing a web search for cove balconies and looking at some photos of same?

My feelings are that you booked guarantee and got exactly what you paid for- TBD by them cabin location. As long as it’s in the category you paid for, or above, then it’s as paid for. I’m sure at the time the agent said that there were no Cove cabins available- there weren’t. If this is your first cruise you may not understand how many cancellations occur at final payment (and before) dates. So a Cove becoming available isn’t an impossibility.

Agent shouldn’t have been adamant...... but this outcome isn’t surprising- or shouldn’t be.

Sorry you didn’t get the cabin you wanted. When my husband and I book GTY we go in knowing we can’t complain with what we get. So usually we just pick our cabin!

Hope you enjoy your cruise!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you are in a cove can you feel the breeze? It just seems that when seated you wouldn't be able to see the water at all. I will say a silver lining and one reason I did not want an assigned cove was the possibility of being below the galley and this one is just barely in front of the galley so there is that.

Yes a cove gets a breeze. We liked the cove for the fact that it is very private and cozy. I preferred the metal hull as a foot rest to the Plexiglass.;p We could see the water through the large opening and depending on how you sat, I believe there are some smaller cut-outs. It was nice to be close to the water as the flying fish are much more visible. What we didn't like was the lifeboat above which blocked out most of the stars at night. We also did not like the hull noise as the waves reverberated through the hull. We didn't like being so far from Alchemy and our normal cruise stomping grounds.

We are glad we tried it, but will chose a deck 7, l-shaped if available, for future cruises, even if it means paying more.

This is the reason that we don't do guarantees any longer, the first time we received a cabin that we wouldn't have picked. We sailed in an enclosed cabin on NCL Gem and we still felt the breeze (similar to the cove I think but on deck 8). I think the fact that you are so close to the water means that you'll have a great view of the water even when sitting. Hope it works out for you.

I think the question is not whether you have the right to be angry, but do you want to be angry? Unless you are one of those people who get satisfaction out of being angry, it's an unpleasant feeling and you're only hurting yourself. I'd get over it quickly and enjoy the cove. I love coves!!!

(not really, I don't even know what a cove is)

Have fun on your cruise and I love Piazza San Marco even more than coves!

I think the question is not whether you have the right to be angry, but do you want to be angry? Unless you are one of those people who get satisfaction out of being angry, it's an unpleasant feeling and you're only hurting yourself. I'd get over it quickly and enjoy the cove. I love coves!!!

(not really, I don't even know what a cove is)

Have fun on your cruise and I love Piazza San Marco even more than coves!

I also love Piazza San Marco but have no idea what it has to do with cove balconies or cruises in general (unless you cruise Europe which we don't, we fly and stay as to actually be able to experience our destination). I agree that I do not want to be angry and am not angry just feel mislead.

We did two guarantees a long time ago because that was all that was left a week before the cruises and where we were placed was okay, but would never do it again. After 46 cruises, we know where we want to be and where we don't want to be. No, you don't have a right to be upset. A guarantee description tells you that you can be placed in a cabin wherever the cruise line places you. If you wanted a specific type of balcony, you should have just booked it in the first place.