New cruiser at Lattitudes Cocktail Party

TickledBlue

MDW and I are Silver Lattitudes members and we are bringing our adult son with us and he is staying in our cabin. Do you know if they'd allow him to attend the Lattitudes cocktail party with no status if he is in the same cabin as us?

Thinking about attending the party since we won't have UDP and its been awhile since we cruised with NCL. If not, it won't make or break the cruise.

MDW and I are Silver Lattitudes members and we are bringing our adult son with us and he is staying in our cabin. Do you know if they'd allow him to attend the Lattitudes cocktail party with no status if he is in the same cabin as us?

Thinking about attending the party since we won't have UDP and its been awhile since we cruised with NCL. If not, it won't make or break the cruise.

Never had anyone ask for anything when we’ve attended. Our DD went with us when we cruised together, no problem.

do you get the invite once you are on the ship?

I believe you will find the invite with other paperwork (shore excursion tickets etc.) on the desk on or near

the cabin phone when you first check into your cabin.

Not finding it check with Guest Relations.

Yes take the invitation to the party for admittance to have your name drawn for champagne bubbly or other offers.

HI I was on the Jade in June to the Fjords and the cocktail party was at 12noon on the first sea day and we

had to register with guest services by 9pm on the first night.of the cruise

When anyone asks a question like this all of the rules police come out of the woodwork to tell you how horrible it is that you want to take your son with you to a party! I have been on 37 cruises On a variety of cruise lines including Norwegian and so far they have never refused me bringing the family member staying in my room with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On a variety of cruise lines including Norwegian and so far they have never refused me bringing the family member staying in my room with me.

I would agree that the invitation would usually cover two people so if you are taking "the family member" staying in the cabin with you you are both, in theory, covered by the implied two person invitation.

The OP is concerned that there will be 3 people trying to attend on an implied two person invitation.

Thanks for all of the responses. Sounds like we'll show up with our letter and it's a lottery if my son gets to come in. In case they turn him away and since he is autistic, we'll move on as well -- no hard feelings at all.

Your son can come. I have seen children attend the events with their parents. Don't get too excited though. While a nice gesture, its nothing that great. I don't attend anymore. They have some free rum punch and cheap wine. The captain and crew will attend. Sometimes there is a NCL promotion for an upcoming ship too.

I am really shocked by some of the responses about bringing your special needs son to a latitudes party. This lame party is not going to be ruined by a visitor attending with their parents. NCL will welcome ALL of you with OPEN arms as would I if I was at the party.

Recently NCL has stopped giving away prizes at the latitudes party. No more free bottles of wine or photo packages. Too bad. The prizes cost NCL next to nothing but really livened up the party. I guess NCL figured a way to save another nickel and dime.

For your convenience of course.......