Havana not enforced

mbe30

I agree that if you pay for an exclusive service, it should be exclusive. If not, ask for your money back (difference between regular and Havana cabin). We walked back there during the day once on the Vista just to peek. It was an afternoon on a sea day and we were walking around with a couple of cappuccinos. The bar area was empty and as we arrived at the pool, we stood at the entry, looked in, and left. There was not anyone "guarding" or even conscious of our presence. Seemed like a weird set up. We knew it was a private area and walked that way thinking we would be stopped, but we were not.

Now I have a question for the OP. How do you the people you are seeing with out wrist bands don't have them. They may as some have said carrying them in their pockets. And unless you are standing by the door wasting your cruise looking for people coming into the area against the rules, how do you know those that are not wearing wrist bands were not asked by staff when you were not there?

Just my two cents. We had a Havana cabin on Horizon last month and I thought the wristband requirement was well enforced. We saw a Carnival employee near the revolving door next to the Havana bar and he did check for wristbands - and I saw him turn people away several times. (The one couple seemed clueless about the restriction, even though there was a large sign right in front of the revolving door that says, "Havana wristbands required beyond this point." Seemed pretty clear to me.) :rolleyes:

What kind of wristbands are they making you wear? Please tell me they are not like the plastic ones you get in the hospital? You would think they would have a more efficient way of keeping the area exclusive for those with Havana cabins. I would not want to wear a plastic wristband.

What kind of wristbands are they making you wear? Please tell me they are not like the plastic ones you get in the hospital? You would think they would have a more efficient way of keeping the area exclusive for those with Havana cabins. I would not want to wear a plastic wristband.

it is plastic writstband that looks like this: https://travelwithsara.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Havana-band.jpg

it is plastic writstband that looks like this: https://travelwithsara.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Havana-band.jpg

Oh that’s not bad!!! I was on the Norwegian Escape last year and their exclusive area called they vibe you were supposed to wear this ugly thing like a pre teen at the skating rink 0db7bafb625875ba804c940bcd66b10f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would think if there is a physical gate, you would just swipe your key. I'm too cheap to book one of these, so I guess I never really thought about how they keep track of who belongs there & who does not. Isn't there also a time when the general population is allowed to use the pool there?

After 7 p.m. It is open to anyone!

In spite of all the negative feedback, I appreciate the OP sharing the head's up. I agree if I had spent extra for certain benefits, I'd be disappointed if others were allowed the same benefits for free. I value this this type of first-hand information before I spend my vacation dollars. Carnival is infamous for not enforcing their own rules, so this doesn't seem out of the ordinary for them.

Thanks to the OP for the information.

I’m surprised by these responses; the Havana area — whether underutilized or not — is advertised and priced as an “exclusive” section of the ship. If I’m paying for this, I think it’s reasonable to expect enforcement of this exclusivity, to be frustrated if it is not, and to expect folks to abide by conditions of use (i.e., wearing the bracelet).

I’m sorry you are disappointed and that Carnival has not responded in a helpful way. I’d take it up the chain were I you.

It has been my experience with Carnival that they are not interested in what their customers have to say on several different subjects.

After 7 p.m. It is open to anyone!

Yes indeed.

I think we're all assuming that the OP observed these lapses in security before 7 pm, yes?

After 7pm, wristbands are not required.

Even so, we noticed on the Vista last October that the Havana area was mostly deserted after 7 pm anyway.

Oh that’s not bad!!! I was on the Norwegian Escape last year and their exclusive area called they vibe you were supposed to wear this ugly thing like a pre teen at the skating rink 0db7bafb625875ba804c940bcd66b10f.jpg

Did the Vibe on all 3 of my Escape cruises and I never wore the stupid wristband. Used the key card for entrance and after swiping my card as I ordered my first of many drinks, the guys behind the bar knew me and knew that I belonged. Miss shot o'clock.

SHOCKING NEWS - Carnival does not enforce rules.

This kind of stuff happens all over. Have you ever watched a person park in a fire lane and run into the store? There excuse? I'm only going to be a minute, and so it's ok. For whatever reason, Carnival attracts more people than other cruise lines that have the opinion, rules are for others. That's why you see it on these boards, issues like this.

Did the Vibe on all 3 of my Escape cruises and I never wore the stupid wristband. Used the key card for entrance and after swiping my card as I ordered my first of many drinks, the guys behind the bar knew me and knew that I belonged. Miss shot o'clock.

AGREE 100% about shot o’clock!! I never understood why they gave a bracelet to begin with because of the keycard entry. Those bartenders learn your name so fast, there is really no reason to any other identification !!

We did Havana on the Vista and loved it, 8 day Southern, Aft Wrap. Swore I would never cruise again not in the Havana area.

So I booked the Horizon 8 day Southern for Sept 2019, Same cabin etc...( my 60th Bday)

My daughter turns 21 in spring 2019 and said she would like to go on a cruise...

So I booked the Magic..she liked that 8 day Eastern itinerary...

I'm already getting gas pains :-) knowing I won't be in the Havana area for this cruise...

Help with finding nice quiet areas on the Magic....:-)

We do have an Aft Wrap though.

Love the Havana area!

In order to have the Havana Area stay an exclusive area they need to make access by your sail and sign card, instead of a wristband. We kept our wristbands from the Vista and Horizon, I could easily take them and use them again if I was that type of person. It did bother me seeing people who were not supposed to be in the area there as we paid extra to have that access. Carnival needs to change how the area is accessed during the day. I put that on my review for the Vista and Horizon.

Oh I did. I was told that I could call the pursar’s desk anytime I saw someone without a wristband. It’s incredibly relaxing policing a deck that I paid to be on. Thanks for the tip.

Remember, it's a cruise ship, not a prison.

I would think if there is a physical gate, you would just swipe your key. I'm too cheap to book one of these, so I guess I never really thought about how they keep track of who belongs there & who does not. Isn't there also a time when the general population is allowed to use the pool there?

I agree with the swipe access to the area but I guess some could let people into the area with them.

I agree with the swipe access to the area but I guess some could let people into the area with them.
There is a swipe access with special card for the Vibe area on the NCL Escape. They allow about 75 passes to be sold for access into that area each week. After the first day, the bartenders knew you and they knew who belonged and who didn't. Some people tried to sneak in one day behind someone who did belong and they were quickly asked to leave.

I have paid a pretty good premium to get access to the Havana area and I don't want a single infiltrator getting over on Carnival and getting a perk for free that I paid for. They can come in at 700 PM, when it's legal to do so and while I am enjoying dinner.