Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Here's something that annoys me:

Silly plates. 

What I mean is the trend for pretentiously described food to be served on something other than proper crockery. You know, pieces of slate, wood, other unlikely platters. 

Why? Just why? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

Silly plates. 

What I mean is the trend for pretentiously described food to be served on something other than proper crockery. You know, pieces of slate, wood, other unlikely platters. 

Why? Just why? 

Must be a generation thing. Younger people are probably just so used to constant overstimulation of the visual sense it just needs more of getting them excited. https://www.google.ch/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwij9-aqiZn7AhXYgP0HHYeXDIAQtwJ6BAgGEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Ftheimportantstuffch%2Fvideos%2Fsplendur-hexenring-von-andreas-caminada%2F1381868011856319%2F&usg=AOvVaw1j4eKdYJBoK-OjxTm3oxJ0

It appears that this fad will be over soon, now some chefs go for very basic handmade crockery. I for one would hate to eat from an I-Pad, though it does look spectacular and the food this chef creates is out of this world.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

Silly plates. 

Why? Just why? 

The only time I had really bad food poisoning (if you get my drift!) was in Mexico from a meal served on a wooden platter. I should have known better. Now I reject meals served on them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

Silly plates. 

Why? Just why? 

The other thing that bothers me is the need to stack the food on your plate.

its like they need the runny mashed potatoes to glue the meat to your plate! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Well it takes some time to get all those snaps to post and the stuff needs to stay in place, so better glue it all together. Main thing seems to be that it is all highly instagrammable🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zqtchas said:

What bothers me are the wine glasses without a stem. My daughter thinks they are great. There is an elegance when drinking out of stemmed glassware vs an orange juice glass . LOL

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

What bothers me are the wine glasses without a stem. My daughter thinks they are great. There is an elegance when drinking out of stemmed glassware vs an orange juice glass . LOL

Maybe it’s because they go into the dishwasher and easier to clean!

• Like 1

What is REALLY bad is when your order features piled up food, all glued together with assorted gravies & foams other poultices, served on weird non-plates (cedar shingles, floor tiles, old magazines), and carried to your table by servers supplied by the Ministry of Silly Walks!  A man can only take so much - I might have to drain my stemless wine glass!!  

• Haha 7

Well my super handsome boy is thriving after having a 2kg tumour removed from his tummy on Thursday  (along with his spleen) he seems to have a new lease of life. My beautiful cheeky pup is spending the day at Leahurst tomorrow (The Top notch Liverpool Uni Veterinary hospital) to see what he thinks about their Neurology dpt. It’s not been an easy couple of weeks but it certainly reminds you of what really matters in life and what doesn’t. Happy pics included of my boys chatting to Welsh black bull calves behind my house. 

1323CE52-2154-46F4-A99E-F39BF93A526A.jpeg

• Like 9