Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Any of you follow the folk music of the 70s? Still love that genre. Sad day today, David Crosby from Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young died today. His music will live on......RIP. David Crosby.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Any of you follow the folk music of the 70s? Still love that genre. Sad day today, David Crosby from Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young died today. His music will live on......RIP. David Crosby.

I share your sadness.  [I may be the only person who preferred Crosby Stills and Nash to CSN+Y, so my loss is even greater percentage-wise...]

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I share your sadness.  [I may be the only person who preferred Crosby Stills and Nash to CSN+Y, so my loss is even greater percentage-wise...]

I loved all of that........most folks think Southern Cross is their Classic Album but I LOVE "Deja Vue".......

there are a couple of truly classic songs on that one.........."OUR HOUSE" and "TEACH YOUR CHILDREN"

I listened to them on YouTube last night..........just amazing.

• Like 3

Kumbhalgarh.
A Fascinating drive through the Aravali Mountains to visit Kumbhalgarh fort. A Long tailed Monkey landed on the car as we were driving through the Forest, the first of many to be seen that day. Driving through the mountains is like the land that time forgot. People washing on the roadside from hand pumps and even bulls turning water wheels. Approaching the Fort is incredible. I Kept asking the driver are we there yet?, not to be annoying but despite it having a view for many, many miles it is surrounded by 13 mountains so you only see it as you right next to it. These 15th century town planners knew what they were doing. Sitting at 1100m above sea level, the intact 22 mile long wall is second in the world only to the Great Wall of China. The complex contains over 70 Hindu and Jain Temples and has been the scene for many battles and sieges over the years.

IMG_2792.JPG

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2811.JPG

IMG_2815.JPG

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

IMG_2832.JPG

IMG_2833.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2841.JPG

IMG_2842.JPG

• Like 8

Udaipur.
The day started with a visit to Saheliyon Ki Bari, a small ornamental garden built on the banks of the Fateh Sagar Lake, It was built from 1710 to 1734 by Maharana Sangram Singh for the royal ladies. A Visit to the Royal Palace was next and a wander around the streets of Old Udaipur, it took 22 Maharajas over 400 years to build the palace, I'm sure they had help though. Another incredible place that shows the majesty of these lands. 

Next was a real treat, a boat trip out to visit Jagmandir Island, an exquisite palace that looks like a floating Palace in the middle of the Jagmandir Lake. Some of the buildings around the lake and a more modern bridge at one end do have a whiff of Venice about them. 

I Then got to watch an incredible Sunset from my Hotel Terrace. The Hotel is a converted Palace where the Prince of Wales often Stayed, Not the Current one, but the one we don't talk about (Edward VIII)! 

DJI_0904.JPG

DJI_0912.JPG

DJI_0916.JPG

DJI_0922.JPG

DJI_0927.JPG

DJI_0932.JPG

DJI_0936.JPG

DJI_0938.JPG

DJI_0940.JPG

DJI_0951.JPG

DJI_0006.JPG

DJI_0017.JPG

DJI_0019.JPG

IMG_2864.JPG

IMG_2867.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I would like to ask for Cooler denizen help please.  Myster and I will be going to a scotch tasting Robbie Burns dinner at Black Tartan Kitchen on Wednesday evening.  As you know the menu is presented in the form of a crossword puzzle.  This one is diabolical!  The clues all refer to Robbie Burns' poems/songs.  The clues follow the order of the meal.  For example clue 1 is usually something like a bread, cheese, meat thing.  Clue 2 is usually soup.  Clue 3 is usually salad.  Clue four is usually fish or meat.  Clue 5 is the entree.  Clue 6 is usually a sorbet-ish.  Clue 7 is dessert.  The only clue I'm fairly sure about is #4 which I think is haggis.  I think clue 5 might be boar.  Please help!  😁

68550509_BTKJan2023.JPG.6f05b3c0bacc729b0e2c764d5468c6f5.JPG

Thank You!

14 minutes ago, mysty said:

I would like to ask for Cooler denizen help please.  Myster and I will be going to a scotch tasting Robbie Burns dinner at Black Tartan Kitchen on Wednesday evening.  As you know the menu is presented in the form of a crossword puzzle.  This one is diabolical!  The clues all refer to Robbie Burns' poems/songs.  The clues follow the order of the meal.  For example clue 1 is usually something like a bread, cheese, meat thing.  Clue 2 is usually soup.  Clue 3 is usually salad.  Clue four is usually fish or meat.  Clue 5 is the entree.  Clue 6 is usually a sorbet-ish.  Clue 7 is dessert.  The only clue I'm fairly sure about is #4 which I think is haggis.  I think clue 5 might be boar.  Please help!  😁

68550509_BTKJan2023.JPG.6f05b3c0bacc729b0e2c764d5468c6f5.JPG

Thank You!

Green grow the rashes is one of his songs, no idea how you'd eat it though! No 4 is the address to the Haggis.

Edited by Daveywavey70
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Green grow the rashes is one of his songs, no idea how you'd eat it though! No 4 is the address to the Haggis.

Thank you DW!  I spent hours addressing Mr Google yesterday.   I was really hoping to find hints somewhere on the World Wide Web.   I came up with nothing helpful.   I appreciate your input! 😁

6 minutes ago, broker1217 said:

What about oxen for 5–used for plowing.

But that puts an X in 7.

1 and 2 are both 11 letters and obviously start with the same letter.

I was toying with boar for 5.  But that puts 7 at B___O_______ for the dessert.  I'm also toying with 1 being charcuterie but that makes 7 even more difficult.  It would be B_T_O_______.

6 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

If you’re stuck I can ask my Scottish friend.

Definitely stuck DW.   Actually closer to mired up to my elbows! 🤣  I would really appreciate any kind assistance!   If you have time on your whirlwind tour I would be most grateful for an assist! 🥰