Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

8 minutes ago, SteveH2508 said:

Barolo grappa as a post prandial, after a dinner of guinea fowl - life is really rather good.

Bravo to you!  Seizing the joy is my current mission.  I wholeheartedly support others on the same quest!  Enjoy!

When my DW & I travel, we always have an eye out for Botanical Gardens.  In fall 2019, we did 10 days before a cruise departing Venice, wandering around the area.  We stayed two nights in Padova, and visited the Botanical Gardens there, associated with the University.  These gardens have been in the same place since 1545, when they were founded by the Venetian Republic.  Venetian ships were trading all around the world, and would bring back specimens, which ended up here.  Well worth seeing, when in the area.  Later, traveling down to Bologna, we stopped at Valsanzibio, a garden complex located in the foothills of the Eugenean Hills.  This is a large complex of formal gardens, mazes and waterworks, that was built by a wealthy land owner to express thanks to God for his family's survival of the plague!  It is still in operation, I believe owned by same family, and well maintained.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

When my DW & I travel, we always have an eye out for Botanical Gardens.  In fall 2019, we did 10 days before a cruise departing Venice, wandering around the area.  We stayed two nights in Padova, and visited the Botanical Gardens there, associated with the University.  These gardens have been in the same place since 1545, when they were founded by the Venetian Republic.  Venetian ships were trading all around the world, and would bring back specimens, which ended up here.  Well worth seeing, when in the area.  Later, traveling down to Bologna, we stopped at Valsanzibio, a garden complex located in the foothills of the Eugenean Hills.  This is a large complex of formal gardens, mazes and waterworks, that was built by a wealthy land owner to express thanks to God for his family's survival of the plague!  It is still in operation, I believe owned by same family, and well maintained.  

Thank you Tiramisu for your awesome suggestions!  Botanical Gardens are artistry in the raw!  Love them!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jpalbny said:

The primates are having a fun time watching each other in the jungle. Apparently there is a winter storm watch back home. 

20230313_143011.thumb.jpg.17e472d2021c1e7e97ee90934895c2a0.jpg

Screenshot_20230314_093214_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d3d6dded2bcc7270ad0ab48da9339383.jpg

Hopefully the cat sitter can make it to our place!

Love is Matching Glasses 🤩

• Haha 3

On 3/13/2023 at 9:33 PM, jpalbny said:

The primates are having a fun time watching each other in the jungle. Apparently there is a winter storm watch back home. Hopefully the cat sitter can make it to our place!

Appreciate the great funnies and follow-ups this week at the Cooler.  Keep it coming!

Great posts, pix's and details from Chris and JP from your exciting Asian sailing.  Seems exciting.  Look forward to see more, including about the food on your ship, details for Ponant, etc.

Yes, the NE got hit hard with the snow this week.  Below is a picture from yesterday here in Central Ohio.  We had the nice "snow look", but it was only, fortunately, a "frosting" so we did not have the more serious challenges that happen with inches and inches of the white stuff.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.thumb.jpeg.563ff4547b4d53f456acdf519f92e414.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

335527310_603569051265408_2175605283825687699_n.jpg.51b7bd2828dd2cfbc6b74609f32aab31.jpg

Have a great safe fun day all!

Mysty - you mentioned Apia, Samoa on your other thread.

When I was cruising the Pacific, this is what I found in Apia:

(He was standing up, it's the CC sideways problem ...)

IMG_1270.JPG

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

Mysty - you mentioned Apia, Samoa on your other thread.

When I was cruising the Pacific, this is what I found in Apia:

(He was standing up, it's the CC sideways problem ...)

IMG_1270.JPG

Thanks  JJ!  Great find!  😁  I hear that the scenery is lovely!  😁

• Haha 1

And I promised Elvis when I got remarried to Rojaan in Vegas that I would be her hunka hunka burning love.

She had it much easier promising not to step on my blue suede shoes. have never owned a pair.

Edited by drron29
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

He's just a hunka hunka burning sargassum!!  Apologies to Elvis! 

3 hours ago, drron29 said:

And I promised Elvis when I got remarried to Rojaan in Vegas that I would be her hunka hunka burning love.

She had it much easier promising not to step on my blue suede shoes. have never owned a pair.

3 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

You haven’t lived!

A little less conversation, a little more action please...  😅

• Haha 3