Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

9 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

I think the calling soda Coke is somehow related to the geographic distance from Atlanta GA.  Lived in Georgia for a few years, and agree with you there.

But, as lovely Lois points out, many southerners say soda for a carbonated drink.

My wife, rural Virginia born and bred, says soda also.

My tar heel father said Pepsi until the voice on the other end asked if coke was ok.

But, I loved my visits to Alabama, Florence, Muscle Shoals, Huntsville.  So I must ask (even if off topic), do you like kale when prepared properly @DRK0312 ?

I have curly Kale in my refrigerator. I sauté it in butter with garlic ( Born and bred in the UK).

• Like 2

Just now, Host Jazzbeau said:

I expected you to ask What is a Mayo Clinic, or Miracle Whip? 😀

We have Mayo here and I have learned previously on these boards (during salad cream gate) about the monstrosity that is known as miracle whip. I’ve yet to experience its delights. I’m still no wiser as to what a cheese ball is though, google doesn’t do it any favours. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

We have Mayo here and I have learned previously on these boards (during salad cream gate) about the monstrosity that is known as miracle whip. I’ve yet to experience its delights. I’m still no wiser as to what a cheese ball is though, google doesn’t do it any favours. 

Can't help you there – I have never watched Shitts Creek.  [Still have episodes of the Two Ronnies to catch up on...]  🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Daveywavey70 said:

Fork handles?

I was just editing my post to add:  Every time I use my garden fork, I always check to see if we have enough candles for necessary repairs... 🤣

"In tonight's maritime news from the English Channel, a tanker carrying red paint was rammed by a tanker carrying blue paint ... and both crews were marooned."

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was just editing my post to add:  Every time I use my garden fork, I always check to see if we have enough candles for necessary repairs... 🤣

"In tonight's maritime news from the English Channel, a tanker carrying red paint was rammed by a tanker carrying blue paint ... and both crews were marooned."

Comic genius. I Am a child of the 70s so grew up on them and the other fantastic comics of the time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Daveywavey70 said:

Comic genius. I Am a child of the 70s so grew up on them and the other fantastic comics of the time. 

If we ever find ourselves on a SS ship together, we could share our 70s BritCom memories over a small cask of Madeira...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Duke of Clarence? As long as Julie London is on in the background 🙂

I was alluding to Flanders & Swann:  "Have some madeira, m'dear; I have a small cask of it here..."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was alluding to Flanders & Swann:  "Have some madeira, m'dear; I have a small cask of it here..."

Sorry HJB, way before my time so I missed that one. I Do think I was born in the wrong era but that’s probably a good thing as I’d be dead by now if not. I Missed seeing all of my jazz heroes perform live except one. Eartha Kitt! There was a London drag queen (Adrella) that always did Champagne tastes and drank a bottle during the song. Eartha came onto the stage part way through, called for security to remove said drag queen from the stage and finished the set. This was a weekend in Butlins in Skegness organised by the late great Paul O’grady. A Moment I’ll never forget. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Are you able to get Britbox over there? It’s a uk app but nothing a VPN couldn’t sort I’m sure. It has lots of 70s stuff on there (that the snowflakes haven’t kicked off about) if you appreciate our humour.

We own complete DVD sets of 'Allo, 'Allo; Are You Being Served?; Bless Me Father; Fawlty Towers; and The Two Ronnies.  [And Doctor Who from the very beginning through Matt Smith, after which I lost interest]

And for your Flanders & Swann education: 

27 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We own complete DVD sets of 'Allo, 'Allo; Are You Being Served?; Bless Me Father; Fawlty Towers; and The Two Ronnies.  [And Doctor Who from the very beginning through Matt Smith, after which I lost interest]

And for your Flanders & Swann education: 

That’s wonderful HJB. It has the same cadence as much of Noel Cowards work, I suppose because it’s the same era.  I Actually have one of Noel Cowards old lucifers that was gifted to me by a dear friend of his. I Very much enjoy the sentiment of the ditty.

• Haha 1

I have never watched Shitts's Creek but there are multiple types of cheese balls.........

the previous post shows one kind and here is another🙂

Classic cheeseball in the center of a platter and surrounded by crackers.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I have never watched Shitts's Creek but there are multiple types of cheese balls.........

the previous post shows one kind and here is another🙂

Classic cheeseball in the center of a platter and surrounded by crackers.

I am finding it hard to imagine what this 'cheese ball' is made  of, Lois  -  it looks a bit like the stuff gathered up from the kitchen floor when you have had a toddler round for a meal.  Or the fat balls you put out for the birds. 😉

Lola

• Like 1
  • Haha 1