Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

This is a very educational thread - I just looked up datura stramonium, as I had never heard of it.  Sounds a bit dangerous to me, but what  do I know?  Certainly not a lot about hallucinogens; and I think I will stick to the gin and wine myself.

Lola

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, lincslady said:

This is a very educational thread - I just looked up datura stramonium, as I had never heard of it.  Sounds a bit dangerous to me, but what  do I know?  Certainly not a lot about hallucinogens; and I think I will stick to the gin and wine myself.

Lola

In all seriousness, I know about it because it was used as a treatment for asthma. We lung doctors need to know these things!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

For @highplanesdrifters:

This Peru trip is for my brother's wedding. Except he and his bride couldn't wait through Covid, so they got married 2 years ago. So this is an excuse for a party on their 2-year anniversary. That's in Lima, a week from tomorrow. 

We're going early because, why not? We fly out tomorrow afternoon. We've been to Machu Picchu in the past so we're not going again. So we land in Lima Sunday morning and immediately fly to Cusco. Nothing planned for Sunday other than around town on our own. Monday we are hiking to "Rainbow Mountain" to see if we can get some good pictures before we die of hypoxemia.

Tuesday we take the Belmond Train - not to MP, but to Puno. It's an overnight train which will be fun! We have two nights on the shore of Lake Titicaca. Then Friday (a week from today) we fly back from Juliaca to Lima for the pre-party, then the party on Saturday, then fly home early Sunday (ugh).

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 9

13 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

For @highplanesdrifters:

This Peru trip is for my brother's wedding. Except he and his bride couldn't wait through Covid, so they got married 2 years ago. So this is an excuse for a party on their 2-year anniversary. That's in Lima, a week from tomorrow. 

We're going early because, why not? We fly out tomorrow afternoon. We've been to Machu Picchu in the past so we're not going again. So we land in Lima Sunday morning and immediately fly to Cusco. Nothing planned for Sunday other than around town on our own. Monday we are hiking to "Rainbow Mountain" to see if we can get some good pictures before we die of hypoxemia.

Tuesday we take the Belmond Train - not to MP, but to Puno. It's an overnight train which will be fun! We have two nights on the shore of Lake Titicaca. Then Friday (a week from today) we fly back from Juliaca to Lima for the pre-party, then the party on Saturday, then fly home early Sunday (ugh).

Oh man, that sounds too perfect.  Anxiously awaiting the Belmond report.  Hypoxemia...don't you have people for that? 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mysty, your patio is beautiful😃

JP, hope you and Chris have a great trip.🙂......the World Travelers.

My newest event is doing volunteering at the Hospital a couple of days during the week......pretty simple compared to these new patios and travelers😮 but it gets me out of the house for a few hours.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Hypoxemia...don't you have people for that? 🤣

Yes...but out of all my "people" I am the only one there. So if I turn 🥶 Chris will have to rescue me!

We aren't too worried. We will have a day in Cusco to acclimate. Bring on the coca tea!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

We aren't too worried. We will have a day in Cusco to acclimate. Bring on the coca tea!

I dunno.  I might prefer a day in Costco.  Bring on the hot dog/soda combo!

• Haha 4