Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Getting exciting here in the Cooler with all the upcoming launches. We will enjoy them vicariously and with great fervour! Do check the space suits for leaks! :)

Thanks for the negotiating technique J! I do not espouse the Tman's approach to negotiation! Your suggestion is closer to my style I do prefer win-win over bullying! :)

I thought for a moment people were having a go at me when it said “over in a flash”! Terrible slur even if accurate! :D

Another Rafael Gonzales circa 2000 on the balcony. I dread the last one in the trays .....

eb931c7445069689e650a5c02df31a5a.jpg

53a407f2c9651bc833b8202e7760e100.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How on earth do the cigar packers know your character?

dreary weather here.

strong thunderstorms with windows rattling from the booms.

college football season is here.

did anyone watch the venus and serena match? it was over in a flash.

time to get the suitcases out for the shuttle launch!

Hi Spins, I saw the 2nd set......looks like Serena may win her 7th US OPEN and her first time as a mom:)

Love that balcony view, Jeff!

Yummy dinner here at home. Now taking a rest before thinking about packing.

I made a modified piri-piri sauce with parsley, mint, and hot peppers from the garden. Added a roasted red pepper and some spices. It went over crispy grilled chicken wings.

Accompanied by rice and roasted cauliflower. Cleaning out the fridge!

20180901_173615.thumb.jpg.0b41cac95042aeb9e135e1b5b8b007e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

20180901_172824.thumb.jpg.3cc50ecda8ec2b3c00525c27e22fe143.jpg

I’m trying to get my head into packing for our France / Italy trip in 9 days.

Unfortunately I am finding other "things to do" - even the ironing! What a procrastinator!!

I have some clothes out on the spare bed but really need to rethink some of them. We are away 9 weeks and the weather will change to a cooler / colder climate in Bologna the week before we fly home in November.

Our daughters and grandchildren are meeting us in Paris for the week, then we all have a week in Provence. I’m looking forward to it.

Our poor old ( 13) diabetic cat had 6 teeth out last week and has recovered well.

I feel sad that he has such a long stay in the cattery but our vet will call in to see that he is OK. He needs insulin twice a day which the cattery is happy to administer.

Happy packing everyone and I hope all ready to travel have a wonderful time.

Yes, Jill. That makes our task seem very pedestrian.

We are only gone 2 weeks, and we have free laundry now, as we made the 100 day mark last cruise! Exciting! That should make things a bit easier.

Weather looks to be at or just under 70F/20C for our trip. So packing should not be too challenging for us. We too procrastinated tonight. We cleaned the kitchen floor and did some laundry instead.

Almost bed time here. A long two weeks at work plus the rest of this weekend still to go.

PS. Hope all is well with the kitty.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Edited by jpalbny

Good Morning all ..... from The Balcony.

Today’s Clarkson and a couple of book reviews from the Saturday times ...

The next arrival at Heathrow’s eco-haven is a million tons of concrete for the third runway

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jeremy-clarkson-the-next-arrival-at-heathrows-eco-haven-is-a-million-tons-of-concrete-for-the-third-runway-tfq7m3kcw?shareToken=8dc84eb17bdbd54e62ee74bf3a1c51b0

Plus an interesting review in yesterday’s Times of a book on Rome. Who would have known that a dead Pope was dug up and put on trial ..... history is fascinating ......

Rome, the city of eternal violence A bloody history of the great metropolis is not for squeamish readers, discovers Patrick Kidd

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/review-rome-eternal-city-by-ferdinand-addis-a-great-bloody-history-sfkw2tw8j?shareToken=b9bba0e8e20a9d5c09608bb7f8e5b844

...... and a review of the book from Jonathan Miller’s son on living in Gloucester Crescent ... some may have seen the film about Mrs Shepherd who lived in a camper van on Alan Bennet’s drive for several decades ...

Writers, revellers and a lady in a van This memoir reveals what it was like to grow up in Camden’s smug bohemian set, says Roger Lewis

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/review-gloucester-crescent-me-my-dad-and-other-grown-ups-by-william-miller-my-boho-childhood-l0l5ghsbd?shareToken=05876c1c17f5c50d9a7a2850129767ce

Sometimes the reviews save reading the whole book ....... :)

Thanks for the links J! Clarkson does have a knack for ferreting out the ridiculous and putting it on display. Part of his appeal for me! :)

The book reviews were entertaining as well. Well-written reviews are a treat! And I agree with you on "Sometimes the reviews save reading the whole book".

Hi Dave, good to see you safe and well and drinking.

Yes, been watching the Bodyguard great entertainment but a bit barmy!

Sophia is a shy expert in this area so she will correct me ... but there is no way that he would have left her in the car alone whilst he hot footed it up to the roof as there might have been a second shooter. Also, when he was reasoning with the girl on the train he would have shot her (if he was armed) or moved out of the way for someone else to take a shot. If he failed to move as he had clearly been commanded then he would have risked being shot as well as I understand it.

Still all good fun. :D

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I thought the same re leaving the car. Great drama though. I think Jed Mercurio is great. I Was annoyed to hear the new series of line of duty was delayed due to him working on a new project but ive forgiven him now.

Excited for all who are going on their jollies soon. Looking forward to seeing lots of pics and hearing all about it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Welcome back Davey. That's an impressively full glass though!

Made some ribs on the grill today. One of the markets had a special so we brined them this morning and I cooked them more slowly than usual on the grill this afternoon. They were ridiculously good...

i-Q4pMW5g-L.jpg

We couldn't stop and we ended up finishing the whole rack between the two of us. I felt a little gluttonous!

South%20Africa%202011_02-081-L.jpg

Packing exercises have commenced! But after finishing the full rack of ribs, we are too stuffed to really get back to it.

Time to lie around and digest, I think.

South%20Africa%202011_02-113-L.jpg

Have a restful evening all!