Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Mysty.

On an AirFrance plane sitting next to a guy who actually reached over and groped, moimeme. I was mortified. He pretended to be asleep. I promptly told the flight attendant, who said she could do nothing.

I know the guy realized I reported him and kept his hands to himself after that.

Nasty stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Oh Spins!!!!! How disgusting! How did you not just haul off and slug him? And for the flight attendant not to do something is ridiculous! I wonder if they would handle it differently now because of the #meto movement? I would certainly hope so!

And I'm sorry if my un-funny funny brought back bad memories! :(

OMG.......horrified to hear that.

On a lighter note...15 days and a wake up (for us, anyway) before rocket launch. Considering that start of fueling the boosters......

A brewery "field trip" scheduled for tomorrow, however have gotten up with some sort of an excruciating back ache. Can hardly bend over to feed Snitchy this am. Hobbling around here.....ugh.

Yes it was disgusting. Yes I wonder the same thing now that consciousness has been raised in the media.

And if there was an empty seat I would have moved, but there wasn't a place to go and it was a long haul flight from Europe to US.

I was mortified and I probably should have hit him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Unwanted attention is terrible. But I was once groped by a friend’s wife. She groped my bottom whilst we were in the sea at Larnaca, and when she thought no one could see. I feel that I should say that I was mortified, but to be honest I was flattered. Alright, very flattered. :D

I told my wife, and she thought it both funny and not suprising as she had thought the lady had made it clear for years that she had fancied me but I had been simply clueless and blind to the signals as I always wasbeing a clueless bloke. I put it down to drink and extremely bad taste in men and we simply pushed on as though it hadn’t happened. It happened a further time, oddly down here at Seaside. I clearly have an attractive bottom.

I haven’t been groped recently which makes me very sad. :(

Well Spins, now I am intrigued! Even though this was a Canada Reads book I am embarrassed to say that I have never heard of it. We have visited the North Shore to the Cape Breton Highlands and of course Halifax. The South Shore is undiscovered territory for us so far. Hope you enjoy your visit!

JP, i think this debate is a part of a wider debate about norms. Not the black and white issues, but the greyer ones.

Times have changed and certainly when I was much younger in the late ‘60s and ‘70s I feel that females felt more liberated and able to both assert themselves more both in proactively approaching males that they fancied and resisitng males that they didn’t. My wife feels that in those days women would simply slap or shout at a male and embarrass them when making unwanted and inappropriate contact and advances and she feels that it seems to her that these days females are less likely to confront bad behaviour or indeed initiate overtones if they fancied a male. It is my impression that in those days many of my relationships were not actually started by me and it seems to have changed although I have no recent experience and my impression is simply distant observation.. Deciding who should or might be our mate should be open to both sexes to explore and shouldn’t be presumed to be only a male role, particularly in an increasingly confusing environment where boundaries might be more blurred at the acceptable edges.

For the removal of any doubt I am not including in these observations the type of unwanted and despicable assault and totally inappropriate behaviour from complete or nearly complete strangers as mentioned, but those greyer situations where decent people are simply,working out where a relationship may progress too and giving out signals in the hope of receiving positive signals in return. Without those initial interactions perhaps we would have fewer kids. ;)

Perhaps we are less liberated today. This is not a comment about clearly bad behaviour but behaviour intended simply by a person intending to signal they are attracted to someone else. There are clear areas of black and white behaviour on which I suspect we might all agree and I am talking about areas that we all might equally agree are somewhat grey areas showing either affection or attraction eg placing ones hand on an arm or hand or the upper part of a back. There is a point in every new relationship where some sort of move might be made that is either welcomed or not. The “me too” landscape may have made many decent men wonder what is now permissable behaviour when previously they felt more confident.

A collateral side issue to the “I am offended” attacks used increasingly and it seems routinely in many other normal and day to day written and verbal exchanges is perhaps the “me too” has made some feel affronted in a rather theatrical way who may have previosly simply when confronted with bad behaviour either be a little flattered if low level or if worst simply have taken immediate action to make their rage clear. I also wonder whether “me too” has made some liberated females who in a pre “me too” age more likely to be confident in saying “I like being propositioned and I am quite capapble of making it clear when it isn’t welcomed”. I have seen some females make this type of observation on TV programmes only to be shouted down by other females who seem somewhat extreme.

:)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Yes, my understanding was that s long as you actually sold cigars then they could be bought and sampled.

I perfectly understand why people hate smoke ... oddly I cannot abide smelling cigarette smoke - but it’s a shame there isn’t well ventilated bars where one can enjoy a cigar without getting cold and/or wet. :)

Yes J...lots of grey areas on this topic. Some innocent approaches may be received with welcome by one person and the exact same approach may be received with indignation by another. Reading a person's intent is not always easy. My daughter is currently dealing with her very affectionate 6 year old son. The lad likes to hug his classmates. Some are fine with it and others react with aversion. Daughter is trying to teach the lad to ask permission first. Human interactions have become more complicated in more ways than one. Many are choosing to err on the side of caution and while that may be the safest approach it is a little sad that it is necessary.

Mysty. On an AirFrance plane sitting next to a guy who actually reached over and groped, moimeme. I was mortified. He pretended to be asleep. I promptly told the flight attendant, who said she could do nothing. I know the guy realized I reported him and kept his hands to himself after that. Nasty stuff.

WOW!! What a bad, sad situation for Spins. Some "guys" are amazing in the "stuff" they do and try to pull off. Then, there is the crazy things that some (a few?) will do when being drunk. When they sober up, they have no comprehension as to how they were totally mis-behaving. Appreciate the various other comments and follow-ups.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 210,415 views for this posting.