Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

My turn----Wishing all of you a MUCH better 2021 and thanks for being

here. I have had my share of issues this year for sure and thankfully have come

through them ok.  I appreciate all of you😀 and I know we are all glad to see the

end of 2020!!!!!!  Happy New Year everyone.🙂

image.jpeg.02b9fbc37b5052cef7c21d0d7ba560d4.jpeg

May we share your beautiful post and also pass on our good wishes to all Coolers for a much improved 2021.As the song goes It Can Only Get Better.

• Like 2

I'm thinking that 2020 was dragging its heels on leaving.  Power went out first shot this morning.  Not good when the alcohol soaked brain is looking for a jump start.  Power is back on now (obviously).  I'm hoping that 2021 just slept in for a bit before showing up for its shift!  Happy 2021!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mysty said:

I'm thinking that 2020 was dragging its heels on leaving.  Power went out first shot this morning.  Not good when the alcohol soaked brain is looking for a jump start.  Power is back on now (obviously).  I'm hoping that 2021 just slept in for a bit before showing up for its shift!  Happy 2021!

was wondering why you were a little sluggish on the rebounds!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Reef Knot said:

Like many Our NYE was low key, a simple menu of fois gras with a Gewürztraminer, magret de canard with a raspberry sauce baked rice with parmesan and cream, yellow beans with a Gamaret/Garanoir blend followed by îles flottantes and a very nice Swiss brut sparkling wine

Wow!  What does an elaborate celebratory menu look like? 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Hoppin John with dinner tonight.  Follow your own recipe, but don't leave out the blackeye peas if you want good luck in the year ahead! 🙂

1648788774_hoppinjohn.jpg.8aa1d773699ed824c09a06b7a7e4c945.jpg

Interesting Que!  My daughter made herself a dish tonight with blackeyed peas for the same reason.....good luck in the year ahead!  She grew up and still lives in Canada.  Not sure where she picked this up.  Not something I was familiar with!  Hope this works well for everyone!  😃

Edited by mysty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our dinner tonight has induced a protein coma!

I made a stew loosely based on cassoulet. Used ham, pork sausage, and the leftover meat from the Christmas goose, braised in a broth with onions and garlic, then finished with some lentils. I'm still stuffed but loving it!

20210101_181216.thumb.jpg.a98bd1aaa97c70c1b72d9ff408ff1dfa.jpg

• Like 3

Good morning friends.....Mysty,  those black eyed peas? That is a VERY southern

style food.  It is also a very traditional dish for New Year's.   

I am posting the following from another thread I chat on.........I thought it was very appropriate

for going into 2021.

1E7843FC-E5B4-4829-8A09-C05C17D13AD4.jpe

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mysty said:

Interesting Que!  My daughter made herself a dish tonight with blackeyed peas for the same reason.....good luck in the year ahead!  She grew up and still lives in Canada.  Not sure where she picked this up.  Not something I was familiar with!  Hope this works well for everyone!  😃

Does she read Southern Living magazine?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

Does she read Southern Living magazine?

She has many internet friends from the US.  She may well have heard about the good luck aspect from them.  I'm going to ask her when we next chat.  I have to admit that after the dumpster fire that was 2020 the idea of inviting good luck in is very attractive!

• Like 2