Happy Birthday JP!

geezers -joy.jpg

Hey! I resemble that comment!

Thanks all. This made me chuckle. Talk about going out with a bang! 🤣 🎆🎇🧨

FB_IMG_1616768689243.jpg.ea733dbd90480692284259111cc670f7.jpg

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Got this offer from Walgreens today.  Are BOGO FREE batteries something like MERCURY-FREE?  Have our rivers been getting polluted with BOGO all these years and I never knew?  This is such a relief!!!

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.19.28 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Walgreens got their message a bit confused.  BOGO batteries are, of course, used to power your BOGO.  They are apparently free at that store, but I suspect there will be a catch for those who ask for them.              😉

Edited by QueSeraSera
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

I think Walgreens got their message a bit confused.  BOGO batteries are, of course, used to power your BOGO.  They are apparently free at that store, but I suspect there will be a catch for those who ask for them.              😉

Now you tell me!  I just stocked up, and I DON'T EVEN OWN A BOGO!!!  🤣

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

15 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Now you tell me!  I just stocked up, and I DON'T EVEN OWN A BOGO!!!  🤣

Comedy Central live in the Cooler! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi all,

Enjoying some beautiful scenery here at the Mohonk Mountain House. From our balcony.

20210326_182955.thumb.jpg.daf3824f7854c743a5c6191aa454f50b.jpg

The Hotel and its eponymous lake.

20210326_185941.thumb.jpg.fb6ae9964664c4dfb153bccb7f8de8a4.jpg

Beautiful evening colors on the Shawangunks.

20210326_190301.thumb.jpg.9bd986098afc0e6f09651f4f0f70a64c.jpg

Dinner soon. Looks great!

• Like 4

Jazzbeau -

Back in the day I bought my young daughter a tiny drum kit (would fit on a tea saucer), with a battery, which you could sort of "play" by touching the parts with your fingers.  Touch cymbal, you got a crash, etc..  It didn't take long to figure out it was fun to break out at parties, so when talking and joking, you could follow up your witticisms with a snare-and-a-cymbal, just like the standups in the Borscht Belt.  (i.e. - Take my wife. Please. boom boom crash!)  We need to add something to this forum so we can deliver those sounds after our clever comments, rapier-like witticisms and bon mots.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Jazzbeau -

Back in the day I bought my young daughter a tiny drum kit (would fit on a tea saucer), with a battery, which you could sort of "play" by touching the parts with your fingers.  Touch cymbal, you got a crash, etc..  It didn't take long to figure out it was fun to break out at parties, so when talking and joking, you could follow up your witticisms with a snare-and-a-cymbal, just like the standups in the Borscht Belt.  (i.e. - Take my wife. Please. boom boom crash!)  We need to add something to this forum so we can deliver those sounds after our clever comments, rapier-like witticisms and bon mots.  

Yes please to the sounds!  Maybe even some applause!  No laugh tracks though.   Much too stilted! 😁

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi JP, where are ya'll?...looks really beautiful!  I too hope you had a very Happy Birthday today🙂

And now, back to our regularly scheduled cooler:  

Mohonk Mountain House is an old hotel outside of New Paltz, NY.  We have stayed there in the past, and had many family day-trips (with lunch!) there.  When we lived in NYC, we used to go there for rock climbing (some of the best in eastern US) and cross country skiing (before it became popular).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi JP, where are ya'll?...looks really beautiful!  I too hope you had a very Happy Birthday today🙂

Mohonk Mountain House, a little more than an hour south of home in the Shawangunk Mountains. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Mohonk Mountain House, a little more than an hour south of home in the Shawangunk Mountains. 

Note on pronunciation of Shawangunk:  the second 'a' is silent, stress on first syllable.

• Thanks 1