C&A Welcome Back Party?

The top tier party will soon be on its way out due to lack of interest. Just off Majesty yesterday and 291 people were invited. About 30 people showed up. It's scaled way back and is now becoming a waste of time. I'm sure the officers also have better things to do with their time.
I dont think you can judge Top Tier attendance on a shorty.

Most of the ones I've been to lately are well attended.

Love the mini aqua show on Oasis ships.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oasis often does the Suite/PC party in Dazzles right after the Top Tier. Other times it's in SL/CK

The last suites party we attended on Oasis was very lightly attended and really nothing special going on. Held indeed in the SL, ....we left early.

The top tier party will soon be on its way out due to lack of interest. Just off Majesty yesterday and 291 people were invited. About 30 people showed up. It's scaled way back and is now becoming a waste of time. I'm sure the officers also have better things to do with their time.

I hope this is not true. I always go to the top tier party and usually the room is pretty full. I like hearing about the new promotions and ships as well as the recognition of the most loyal cruisers (knowing that I will never reach that category). I am just a fool for the kitsch.

I hope this is not true. I always go to the top tier party and usually the room is pretty full. I like hearing about the new promotions and ships as well as the recognition of the most loyal cruisers (knowing that I will never reach that category). I am just a fool for the kitsch.

I enjoy them too. Always fun to see who the top cruisers are, hear about RCI future plans, ship info...etc. I think it's a great PR for Royal.

The last suites party we attended on Oasis was very lightly attended and really nothing special going on. Held indeed in the SL, ....we left early.

I stayed, then had lunch in CK....and yes, I drank the Chardonnay. lol!

The last few top tier parties we have been to have been very well attended, especially the one on Oasis.

The best one we went to was on Splendour in Dubai where I'm sure the captain played the trombone (or could have been the saxophone thinking about it now) as part of the entertainment.

Did I miss anything? We just went to lunch before it ended.

Will try it again in December. No Chard for me...bring on the SB!! :D

The apps they passed were pretty good.....lunch was better. Yep, had the Blanc that evening......w/ grigio. ha!

We had it on Allure a couple years ago. It was at the Aqua theatres and they did a mini show. Also served mixed drinks, cruise director was there and DreamWorks , etc. It was nice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The apps they passed were pretty good.....lunch was better. Yep, had the Blanc that evening......w/ grigio. ha!

I remember on that cruise they changed out the SB mid week, which annoyed Echo big time. Why not wait until turn around day? The replacement was not as good...so switched to PG for the rest of the week. Oh well. :cool:

I remember on that cruise they changed out the SB mid week, which annoyed Echo big time. Why not wait until turn around day? The replacement was not as good...so switched to PG for the rest of the week. Oh well. :cool:

I'm curious who will be bar-tending in three weeks when we board. I wonder if Ben is still waiting tables?

I'm curious who will be bar-tending in three weeks when we board. I wonder if Ben is still waiting tables?

From what John and Sandy tell me, Echo is back on the ship, but doing a rotation around at the other lounges. I think it's every two weeks. Will miss him. :o:(Will try to hunt him down to say hello when we are on next.

From what John and Sandy tell me, Ecko is back on the ship, but doing a rotation around at the other lounges. I think it's every two weeks. Will miss him. :o:(Will try to hunt him down to say hello when we are on next.

I'm sure we'll search him down too......if I ever leave the SL! HA!

Yeah, that seems to be the "problem" we have also. ;) Love sitting at the bar in there....as long as we don't have that darn plant in the way. ;p

You got the plant because Bucky made you late! lol!

Yes, it does....and doing his hair takes awhile also. ;p:'):p
Pauline used to take ages with her hair but now she puts a scrunchie in and ties her hair back it is much quicker.

Most of my hair has gone so 30 seconds to damp and put some wax on.IMG_20180531_100613.thumb.jpg.68875db156463e861f57b84094b41090.jpg

IMG_20180529_214841.thumb.jpg.0a4b9bd49530679d1682fc0bdfb5b848.jpg

I've been away from cruising for waaaay too long! But we'll be on the Allure at the beginning of September.

I am wondering - do they still do a C&A reception for returning guests? I remember a small reception with a few cocktails and passed appetizers. If so, do you know what time/day they do it on the Allure?

And also, is there still sparkling wine served during the first formal night?

Yes, they still serve 'champagne' during the Captains reception on the first formal evening.

Pauline used to take ages with her hair but now she puts a scrunchie in and ties her hair back it is much quicker.

Most of my hair has gone so 30 seconds to damp and put some wax on.[ATTACH]426507[/ATTACH][ATTACH]426508[/ATTACH]

Loving the grey spike! I'm thinking if I didn't grease up my spike I might be that grey. ha!

I dont think you can judge Top Tier attendance on a shorty.

Most of the ones I've been to lately are well attended.

I agree about Top Tier on Oasis. I never miss going to the events in the Aqua Theater. I love those shows and the event is always well attended.

On Freedom they held top tier right after returning from a port day and they specified no shorts or sandals. I have no idea what they think people where on Caribbean port days but I wasn't going to miss sail a way up on deck in order to have time to shower and change in order to go to the event.

I’m confused. I haven’t seen a welcome back party for some time. Every cruise I have been on in the last 3 years has had a Top Tier Party. Are they different or just renamed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it is just a new name for the event.