More beer options on Princess!

dides

Have they released the beer list yet?

The link to their press release in post #9 shows a few examples of new mixed drinks but nothing for the new beers, wines or spirits. They’re scheduled to be available in the Fall so we might not know anything until then.

I'm looking forward to trying some of the new wines. Maybe Princess can change up some of the wines in the tasting.

I am too!! Hopefully they will have some great choices and maybe include those in the wine packages!

We're doing W. Med on our next sailing, so hoping to carry on some local wines from many of the ports!!

Can we also have more than one alcohol free beer. DH's new medication doesn't tolerate any alcohol at all.

Not sure I get the whole concept of non alcoholic beer?

DH always says: "All the bloat and none of the buzz!!" LOL!

I guess if you really like the taste of beer I get that...never tried any however.

• 3 weeks later...
Has Princess released the new beers yet? I saw this story but haven't heard any updates.

Unfortunately I haven’t seen any updates and their webpage about the changes states The new beverage menu offerings will be available aboard all ships in Fall 2018“ so we might not know anything until then. They haven’t provided any information on wine list changes either and only some of the new cocktails in their press release.

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2018/08/Princess-Cruises-Unveils-New-Beverage-Menus-Featuring-Globally-Inspired-Cocktails.html

Still just a teaser. It's anybody's guess what is meant by the phrase "17 new international and craft beers". Given the fiasco of the Sea Witch beers it's hard to know what Princess will decide is worthy of inclusion.

Still just a teaser. It's anybody's guess what is meant by the phrase "17 new international and craft beers". Given the fiasco of the Sea Witch beers it's hard to know what Princess will decide is worthy of inclusion.
Just about anything will be better. I mean if they would give some purchasing leeway to some hotel managers they could pick up some great local beers from their port cities..

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Forums mobile app

Just about anything will be better. I mean if they would give some purchasing leeway to some hotel managers they could pick up some great local beers from their port cities..

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Forums mobile app

Never going to happen. Look at the great Rum available in ports they visit but it's not available onboard. Ohhhhhhhhh... Give me some Foursquare Rum!

The princess announcement made me so happy. I am a beer snob! also I brew beer. And I like beers. I have always complained to Princess on the reviews they request, that it looked like princess hates beer. They made an attempt with Seawitch was pretty terrible. I just hope that when I leave on the 23rd that the new beers will be there.

Why can’t they serve draft beer? I had some great Alaskan beer they said would be available on he ship, but wasn’t. Expanding the beer menu is awesome for Princess!!

FYI.. they have draft beer now. Stella Artois, Heineken and Newcastle. Not available at all bars, but it's there. Hopefully they'll expand the draft beer selection too...

Or how they go about including it.....:D:D:D

Bob

FYI.. they have draft beer now. Stella Artois, Heineken and Newcastle. Not available at all bars, but it's there. Hopefully they'll expand the draft beer selection too...

I must have missed those😢. Maybe I didn’t go to the right place. They need to have it iced and colder for consumption. For some reason it’s just not chilled enough when I get it.

I've always thought the same - if a bottle of wine is allowed to be brought on, why not a six pack of beer? Probably similar overall alcohol content when the entire thing is consumed.

Disney allows that. 6 pack of 12 oz beers or bottle of wine per person with no fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The princess announcement made me so happy. I am a beer snob! also I brew beer. And I like beers. I have always complained to Princess on the reviews they request, that it looked like princess hates beer. They made an attempt with Seawitch was pretty terrible. I just hope that when I leave on the 23rd that the new beers will be there.

My wife describes us as beer snobs. I used to brew my own beer for many years. I decided I was getting a bit too "wide" and sold all of my stuff to a friend for next to nothing. He was soooooo happy. :) When I started brewing it was cheap. By the time I gave it up it was not any cheaper than buying good beer. I sure do miss my Oatmeal Stout though. It was amazing. I made a wonderful Brown Ale as well. I played around with various beers but those were my favorites.

I would like it if Princess would carry a good stout. No. I don't mean Guinness. I don't care for nitro beers. Guinness is thin, doesn't have much flavor, and has almost zero body. I want a stout with character! Actually, a good stout doesn't have to be super heavy. Denali Brewing Company in Talkeetna, Alaska makes a very nice Chuli Stout. I wish I could get it here at home. I don't know that the brewery could produce a sufficient quantity to supply Princess though. Any good stout would suffice. A good Imperial Stout would be nice. Perhaps Old Rasputin. :hearteyes:

Disney let's you bring beer on? Doesn't Carnival have a brewery on some ships? I'm hoping for at least one good IPA for out 10/2 cruise. My suitcase is always lighter when I disembark for some reason - and a lot more room, about 2-3 6-packs less weight & space. Now that good crafts come in cans it's way safer to pack those. I had an IPA bottle break on a cruise once, I was doing laundry on day 1! :(

Disney let's you bring beer on? Doesn't Carnival have a brewery on some ships? I'm hoping for at least one good IPA for out 10/2 cruise. My suitcase is always lighter when I disembark for some reason - and a lot more room, about 2-3 6-packs less weight & space. Now that good crafts come in cans it's way safer to pack those. I had an IPA bottle break on a cruise once, I was doing laundry on day 1! :(

They will confiscate your beer after they see it on the scanner. It will be disposed of.....

Bob

Carnival has a brewery on their newest ship Carnival Horizon. It offers four craft beers. They offer a smoked porter, farmhouse ale, toasted amber ale and west coast IPA. On three earlier ships they have a pub that offers their beer on tap as well as one or so other. Interesting that one pax is able to bring on beer in their luggage.