HAL website and ipad

ehogan

No, nothing wrong or unusual.

HAL have redesigned their website so as very few can access it. They are going to start communication by smoke signal, just as soon as the wind dies down.........:rolleyes:

Last winter in Thailand I had trouble booking AirAsia flights on my ipad. It is six year old unit with an OS than cannot be upgraded.

I then used DW's newer ipad. It had the last version of OS. No issue, I was able to book the same flights with ease that I had problems with on the older ipad.

Not certain what the issue was nor did I bother researching it since we were able to book. For the duration of our travels we used DW's ipad to book flights on various airlines without issue.

I use my Ipad for the HAL"s website and Chrome and Edge for the laptop.

I see no difference. Sometimes the website works and sometime it doesn't. I do know I'm tired of hitting 85 buttons to just get to the cruise I want to investigate (a slight exaggeration but..)

bottom line - the website is not operating all the time or, if it is, it doesn't operate well all the time. When I hit the spinning wheel, I just close and get the heck out.

If your iPad is not able to be upgraded to iOS 10 or higher many websites will not work. With older versions of iOS (9 or lower) you can expect issues. Apple is no longer supporting older generation iPads/iPhones etc for iOS upgrades. It’s more an Apple issue than a HAL issue in this instance.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

HAL have redesigned their website so as very few can access it. They are going to start communication by smoke signal, just as soon as the wind dies down.........:rolleyes:

Lol. They could always try semaphore :D:evilsmile:

Hope the smoke signals will reach those of us located "down- under".:):):)

Thanks all, used my laptop and it was fine. Have to say that the site is awkward to work with though and I fail to understand why they changed it from their previous format when it worked much better. Guess they have to keep their tech guys busy!