Port or Starboard balcony for British Isles cruise out of Southampton

TW6cruiser

I believe he is considering Crown from Soton July 24.2019. EM

The starboard side of the ship will face land in the distance significantly more than port side will. There are two tender ports Guernsey and Edinburgh (South Queensferry). Guernsey achieves a 50% failure to anchor due to high seas and tendering not safe. South Queensferry is on a large wide river type of setting called, the Firth of Forth so tendering 99% guaranteed. They cannot get the ship under the iconic world famous Forth Bridge. They stay overnight specifically for the late return of Tattoo excursions.

Regards John

Starboard side. The ship will sail clockwise around the British Isles after you leave Southampton. Especially for your 2 sea days, you'll be ab;e to see land with some lovely sights most of the time. Also, go out on your balcony when you are sailing into port. We were on the starboard side and had a great view of a lone piper on the pier, playing us in.

I should add that this assumes you are doing one of the standard 12 day cruises that go to Guernsey, Ireland, Scotland.

• Thanks 1

The starboard side of the ship will face land in the distance significantly more than port side will. There are two tender ports Guernsey and Edinburgh (South Queensferry). Guernsey achieves a 50% failure to anchor due to high seas and tendering not safe. South Queensferry is on a large wide river type of setting called, the Firth of Forth so tendering 99% guaranteed. They cannot get the ship under the iconic world famous Forth Bridge. They stay overnight specifically for the late return of Tattoo excursions.

Regards John

Thanks very much.

Starboard side. The ship will sail clockwise around the British Isles after you leave Southampton. Especially for your 2 sea days, you'll be ab;e to see land with some lovely sights most of the time. Also, go out on your balcony when you are sailing into port. We were on the starboard side and had a great view of a lone piper on the pier, playing us in.

I should add that this assumes you are doing one of the standard 12 day cruises that go to Guernsey, Ireland, Scotland.

Thank you. Yes leaving from Southampton that is 12 days to Guernsey, Ireland, Scotand.

We took the British isles cruise with Dublin overnight last year. It's such a port-intensive itinerary, I don't think it matters that much. The port times are early in the morning with late departures, so you won't be watching that much from your balcony. The only arrivals that are later in the morning are in Ireland, where there will be more interest on the port side.

We had port and loved it. In Cobh our balcony faced the town and shoreline and the afternoon sail out was beautiful! And in Greenock the port side faced the dock and we were serenaded by bagpipes as the ship prepared to leave. It was wonderful! Some of the docking locations were more industrial or tender ports and it really didn’t matter as much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums