Ultimate Beverage Package

jessandarnie

6 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, and the value depends on what you want. We bought the Essential package for our cruise next July which is 17 days. The package cost us $600. For that we get £300 OBC for excursions and have already booked excursions on our cruise. We also get the WiFi package which would cost us $339, so it’s already saved us $39 in total and  we get the premium drinks package thrown in! We think that’s good value.

Host Grandma Cruising: Are you saying if I bought this package now, I would be able to use the OBC to buy my excursions for my upcoming trip before I get on board?

4 hours ago, mchell810 said:

Host Grandma Cruising: Are you saying if I bought this package now, I would be able to use the OBC to buy my excursions for my upcoming trip before I get on board?

Yes, as soon as you have bought the package, the OBC is added to your Voyage planner and you can use it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, as soon as you have bought the package, the OBC is added to your Voyage planner and you can use it. 

We had the Indulgence Package and had no problems booking shore excursions on website OBC.  All other benefits were all set up before we arrived and waiting in room.

Art

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Thanks so much HGC (and Doubled).  This information makes a difference for me; you deserve a commission 😜

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about buying the upgrade drink package when on board - wondering if  21.95 is the full price or will they add a service charge like the mainstream lines?  Also, if purchased while still at port, will they assess tax?

thanks

On 12/24/2018 at 8:52 PM, uktog said:

Be careful buying the bundled packages.  We bought the top package but were on a cruise where two of our ports were cancelled and in a third the excursion was cancelled due to low demand.  The land discoveries credits come back as non refundable on board credit in these circumstances so if you are not able to book other excursions or find a way to use the credit (we really really struggled) you lose it all.

Good point!

So, in that situation, what can you purchase with that particular OBC? Wonderful wine? Items from the shops on board? Speciality dining e.g. chef's table?

Yes these are the places you can use the credit.  They do release it to be used ship wide if there are no other excursions you want but in our case

* we had been on the two previous cruises, the shop had run out of what we might have bought during cruise one and got no restock, they also got no new (different) stock.  Given how poor the offering is anyway that was not an option for us

* we already had the indulgence package so were happy with the wines we were getting there

* we were in a suite so had specialities already

* we already had a chefs table included and (ok this was a personal thing) did not want the other menus, we have done them before and too much has to be adjusted to cope with my husbands allergy so he loses out

* the package already gave me all the spa credit I could use (I am just a nails/wash and blow dry person)

* you could use it to play bingo - it was just bingo was always at 1300 which was not a good time and from what we heard some days they did not get enough players to run a game.

So for us, our personal circumstances led to me losing some I think ( we are still waiting for our folio two weeks after disembarking despite chasing the email address on the voyage planner).  We did try and reduce the loss by buying the most ridiculously overpriced hair product (triple the land cost, it really annoyed that they would mark up like that but I was in a use or lose situation.

• 4 weeks later...

We had this problem of remaining OBC just recently on the Celebrity Summit. We signed the remaining OBC to the housekeeping staff as extra tips on a slip at customer relations. We were rather surprised that Celebrity did not have a "crew fund" that is used to help crew members during emergencies and to buy new items for their area like pool tables or ping pong or just nicer linens. We also both have new casual watches too...

We will be on the Journey May 25, 2019 and I have forgotten if we need a package or is bottled water free? My husband will go for the upper most package but I tend to drink a lot of bottled water and maybe a glass or 2 of wine a day.

We are sailing on the Journey 3/25 and we have the Premium package included in our fare.   Can we upgrade to the Ultimate and will we be able to pay the difference between the packages $5 per day?   Would like to do this before we get to Miami to avoid the Miam sales tax.   Thanks for any info!