Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

On 12/29/2018 at 12:19 PM, HunEBear said:

I just assumed that we would dock at a normal cruise terminal to disembark.

Be grateful that you're not since that could mean Tilbury - a 'normal' cruise terminal but surrounded by an awful lot of nothing you might be interested in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Count down has begun in earnest for the launch of this big adventure.  Folks will be busy with last minute preparations and cramming in a celebration of the New Year!  Best wishes to all for safe travels and an exciting start to a healthy and joyful New Year!  Happy 2019!

Happy New Year to you and Myster, as well.  Wishing you a safe and enjoyable journey to San Francisco. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

Be grateful that you're not since that could mean Tilbury - a 'normal' cruise terminal but surrounded by an awful lot of nothing you might be interested in.

Absolutely, since we have a full day in London to explore before we disembark.  The first time we left on a cruise from "London" the ship was docked in Dover!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HunEBear said:

Absolutely, since we have a full day in London to explore before we disembark.  The first time we left on a cruise from "London" the ship was docked in Dover!

Agreed HunE!  We've sailed twice out of "London"-ish.  Once from Dover and once from Southampton.  Looking forward to two new embarkation/debarkation ports and experiences.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 4:41 PM, mysty said:

I just made a New Year's Wish for all of us on this grand adventure.  It will be added to the confetti that flutters down in the heart of Times Square on New Year's Eve! Each year, people from around the planet include their wishes for the new year on pieces of official Times Square New Year's Eve confetti, either digitally or in person.  And now one of those pieces of confetti is a wish from me to you all.  I wished for a safe sail with fun and merriment mixed in. 

Our confetti wish will flutter down tonight in NYC.  🙂

• Like 2

Safe travels Joe!  Looking forward to seeing you in San Fran!  And for some reason Time (who dragged her feet until last week) has decided to now double step.  Egad!  The sand is gushing down the hourglass instead of the usual slow seep.  And I'm running around like a crazy person.  

23 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

mysty, safe trip over for you I guess on Friday? We look forward to meeting you and the other intrepid travelers soon. The great weather continues with mild sunny days and cold nights.  For a Canadian it might seem sub-tropical 🙂 🙂

Thanks so much Turtle!  Myster and I are also keen to meet up with our fellow travelers!  How is your recent surgery adventure aftermath going?  Are you healing nicely?  We will be on the look out for a dashing looking gent with a charming scar.  🙂  And yes we are looking forward to some hot air!  As in warm temps and not oration!  We had freezing rain recently and the roads and sidewalks are currently skating rinks.  We hope our flights work out!  All digits are crossed!

Safe travels DCC57!  Enjoy your martini!  Best wishes to HunE!  See you at the Gala!

40 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

The adventure begins - checked into departure airport hotel and having a martini.  Safe travel to all WCs.  See you at the gala!

Myster and I are now joining you with a martini.  Ours is made using Ungava Gin from the northern tip of the province of Quebec.  It has a very distinctive neon yellow colour in the bottle!  🙂  Cheers!

58 minutes ago, mysty said:

Thanks so much Turtle!  Myster and I are also keen to meet up with our fellow travelers!  How is your recent surgery adventure aftermath going?  Are you healing nicely?  We will be on the look out for a dashing looking gent with a charming scar.  🙂  And yes we are looking forward to some hot air!  As in warm temps and not oration!  We had freezing rain recently and the roads and sidewalks are currently skating rinks.  We hope our flights work out!  All digits are crossed!

Safe travels DCC57!  Enjoy your martini!  Best wishes to HunE!  See you at the Gala!

mysty, if you are looking for a dashing looking gent you'll never find me! And thanks, my Scarface Al Capone impersonation is coming to an end. I'm amazed at the healing after just 12 days. Safe travels to you and everyone else.

11 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

mysty, if you are looking for a dashing looking gent you'll never find me! And thanks, my Scarface Al Capone impersonation is coming to an end. I'm amazed at the healing after just 12 days. Safe travels to you and everyone else.

Turtle methinks thou doth protest too much!  🙂 Thanks for the well wishes!  Stay out of trouble until we all get there!  :classic_wink:

6 minutes ago, cnka33 said:

This is our first Silversea cruise (departing on the 6th out of San Francisco)...does anyone know when luggage can be dropped off at Pier 27...I know the embark times are 2 to 5...thanks in advance 🙂

Just want to welcome you cnka33!  Unfortunately I can't help with your query.  Good news is that there are a lot of helpful people here.  Looking forward to meeting you at the Meet & Mingle!

2 hours ago, cnka33 said:

This is our first Silversea cruise (departing on the 6th out of San Francisco)...does anyone know when luggage can be dropped off at Pier 27...I know the embark times are 2 to 5...thanks in advance 🙂

You can probably drop it off around noon.

3 hours ago, mysty said:

Myster and I are now joining you with a martini.  Ours is made using Ungava Gin from the northern tip of the province of Quebec.  It has a very distinctive neon yellow colour in the bottle!  🙂  Cheers!

I have not heard of Ungave gin.  I drink a Chairman of th Board martini - 1.5 oz of Grey Goose vodka, 1.5 oz. of Bombay Sapphire, and 0.5 oz of Cointreau.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

I have not heard of Ungave gin.  I drink a Chairman of th Board martini - 1.5 oz of Grey Goose vodka, 1.5 oz. of Bombay Sapphire, and 0.5 oz of Cointreau.

I'm not surprised that you haven't heard of Ungava Gin.  🙂  Not many outside of Canada have.  And even then not many Canadians have.  Your Chairman of the Board martini sounds delicious DCC57!  And potent!  :classic_blink:  Enjoy!

1 hour ago, DCCruiser57 said:

That sounds wonderful!  Have you ever tried Russian Standard Platinum vodka?  We really like it.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:17 AM, mysty said:

Following the suggestion of LauraS I am starting a new thread about our grand adventure for 2019. Myster and I plan to be aboard the Whisper when she sails from San Francisco on January 6, 2019 around the globe to London Greenwich. Fellow adventurers are warmly encouraged to chime in with their 2 cents ( 2.06 cents with current inflation :)). Once the ship sails my posts here will relate directly to the Silversea and/or the Whisper experience. Snippets of the personal hijinks of Myster and Mysty will be posted in the Cooler.... my usual stomping ground. In the meantime folks are welcome to post comments and/or questions about the planned adventure.

For those interested, we did the SS 2016 WC sailing from Fort Lauderdale to Venice. I kept a blog of our adventure and it can be found here:

https://mpworldcruise.blogspot.com/2016/01/pre-cruise-miami.html

Oh well M .... the waiting is over and the bags are starting to be packed for your amazing trip.  It doesn't seem like just a few months ago when you started this thread. 

I know that you will ensure that every day will be treated with all the respect each deserves and that it will be the most wonderful trip of a lifetime.  Safe travels and muchos fun to you and Myster on your adventure together.

image.thumb.png.ac55b7f6f3f215cf3f6843e799bbf803.png

🙂

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Thanks 1