Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

4 hours ago, mysty said:

Lady Whisper is docked in Singapore.  Beautiful morning here!

DSC06712.thumb.JPG.c730aabe49f7d119a4f4111842408d80.JPG

Looking forward to welcoming new voyagers!  Meet & Mingle is scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday March 19 at 7:00 pm, in the Panorama lounge Deck 8.

Got the invite this morning. Think I missed one. Hope we can get an area away from the piano this time. Good shots again Mysty!

• Thanks 1

Myster and I along with Turtles 1 and 2 left the ship at around 9:30 for our big adventure.  We stood in line at immigration for 45 minutes.  Other lines were moving much faster and as usual one tends to pick the slowest line.  We took a taxi to Botanic Gardens and enjoyed the site tremendously!

DSC06713.JPG.ae30d19b624ba7f208682d9ab5b53174.JPG

DSC06717.JPG.c8780c207b4d4ae634b640a55a67ffa2.JPG

DSC06765.JPG.612113072a3f5841cd4bc9a59b6dbd68.JPG

DSC06776.JPG.b9bb0c7727fd5a3713ef42e7c35a5560.JPG

At around noon we took a taxi to the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.

DSC06788.JPG.2135036ead9a991873b61b1372303a57.JPG

We were told by the cab driver that the hawker stalls at the Chinatown Complex had been closed earlier this month.  We had lunch in the basement of the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.  Yummy vegetarian food for $4.00 each including tea.  We were the only Caucasians in the place and everyone was smiling and very willing to help.  It was a wonderful day.  Thanks J for your excellent suggestions!

Later,  back on board, Lifesgreat introduced me to Mr. and Mrs. Bluescruisers.  Looking forward to spending time with another lovely couple from Oz!  Welcome Aboard!

Edited by mysty
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

We are now on our way to Port Klang. I've noted those you listed for when we are back for a few days next August. But Chinatown Complex should be open by then. Many thanks.

Edited by turtlemichael
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turtlemichael said:

We are now on our way to Port Klang. I've noted those you listed for when we are back for a few days next August. But Chinatown Complex should be open by then. Many thanks.

As you have visited Chinatown, a subsequent visit simply to the complex might not be optimal.  Happy to suggest alternatives if you want closer to,your visit. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mysty said:

At around noon we took a taxi to the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.

What a grand temple!  Glad you enjoyed the Botanic Gardens.  And, yes, those immigration wait times are a bit frustrating.  At least you didn't have to wait while carrying bags and backpacks.  😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

What a grand temple!  Glad you enjoyed the Botanic Gardens.  And, yes, those immigration wait times are a bit frustrating.  At least you didn't have to wait while carrying bags and backpacks.  😉

The most frustrating thing about our line was that they kept moving the people behind us in the line to shorter lines.  We were always the last people in our line.   ???????  It did not make sense.  But, yes, we did not have bags and backpacks, thank goodness!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wonderful Meet & Mingle this evening!  Looking forward to spending more time with the folk who boarded in Singapore and the lovely folk who have been on this journey since San Fran!  Most genial crowd!  Thanks all for showing up!

• Like 1

A new Tale of Tales World Cruise event has been announced for our day in Colombo on Monday March 25......an evening of Sri Lankan culture at The Kingsbury.  The invitation says that the event will be held on the expansive lawns.  Looks like it will be great fun!

Photo from The Kingsbury Colombo website....

695A9007.jpg.f046ace187d56c585280db0af38a02e3.jpg

Edited by mysty
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mysty said:

A new Tale of Tales World Cruise event has been announced for our day in Colombo on Monday March 25......an evening of Sri Lankan culture at The Kingsbury.  The invitation says that the event will be held on the expansive lawns.  Looks like it will be great fun!

Oooh, enjoy! 

• Thanks 1

Today Myster and I did the "Temple & Sights of Trincomalee" tour.  Some pics from the tour.....

Velgam Vehera Temple Ruins

DSC06817.JPG.0142b35a16c524c1a92508d443edd957.JPG

DSC06819.JPG.6d1d9aa637482fffacc12aceecf5794e.JPG

From the Trincomalee War Cemetery.....

DSC06835.JPG.6bc75e2d32bd3d1572516cfd9b781b27.JPG

From Koneswaram Temple.....

DSC06857.JPG.15bb0c6c6c7f4262b0b9bb932efdb572.JPG

DSC06861.JPG.ad0c930c83960f7152602e6aeab47db1.JPG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Unibok said:

Thanks for these great pics, Mysty. I'll be in Trincomalee on Tuesday, staying for a few days -- anything I should definitely see, do, or eat?

Although we didn't do it today (we did the same tour as Mysty and Myster)  the feedback on a trip to Sirigiya Rock Fortress was excellent.  There is a lot of climbing in hot weather to do it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

Although we didn't do it today (we did the same tour as Mysty and Myster)  the feedback on a trip to Sirigiya Rock Fortress was excellent.  There is a lot of climbing in hot weather to do it.

Good call, turtlemichael, and thank you. I do love Sigiriya, and have been there a few times. Glad to hear SS took an excursion there. Actually, my avatar is from the Sigiriya frescoes.

Specific to Trinco, anything I should make sure not to miss? Was there anything that especially caught your eye?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Unibok said:

Good call, turtlemichael, and thank you. I do love Sigiriya, and have been there a few times. Glad to hear SS took an excursion there. Actually, my avatar is from the Sigiriya frescoes.

Specific to Trinco, anything I should make sure not to miss? Was there anything that especially caught your eye?

We thought each of the three sites that mysty covered in her pictures were well worth a visit and easily accessible from Trinco. Unfortunately, we didn't have the best guide (a different one from mysty's)  but they were nevertheless worth a visit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just learned that the event tonight is open to all guests, so it is not a WC event.  Also, as Mysty indicated, it is outdoors and Fernando said to wear long pants because of the bugs.  Norman saidthey were going to pass out packets of bug spray.  We don’t do well in heat or with bugs, so we decided to pass.  Lastly, the MDR opened at 5 PM with last sitting at 8.  Also, there will be a snack buffet in the Panorama starting at 9:30.  

• Like 2