Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

2 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

As to the liquor.  Are the ships back to small bottles rather than one large.  Is it now 3 rather than 4?

On embarkation a few days ago (Pursuit) there were three small bottles only. Cannot recall what, but they were Bacardi (?),  Bombay Sapphire, and a vodka.

3 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

As to the liquor.  Are the ships back to small bottles rather than one large.  Is it now 3 rather than 4?

I was on Pursuit in November and we had 3 small bottles -- Bacardi, Smirnoff and Bombay Sapphire. We were able to switch out the items we didn't want for more of what we did (ex. gin for rum).

2 hours ago, blag said:

On embarkation a few days ago (Pursuit) there were three s.mall bottles only. Cannot recall what, but they were Bacardi (?),  Bombay Sapphire, and a vodka.

Same three on Onward, I think because there was no scotch.  Brought us a second Bombay Sapphire, instead.

4 hours ago, blag said:

On embarkation a few days ago (Pursuit) there were three small bottles only. Cannot recall what, but they were Bacardi (?),  Bombay Sapphire, and a vodka.

Same amount and variety on Onward.

1 hour ago, kml246 said:

We asked one of the crew if she could take the Prosecco. She asked her manager and was told yes. 

Must be a different rules now - we wanted to give our spirits to the crew bar but it was a no

15 minutes ago, uktog said:

Must be a different rules now - we wanted to give our spirits to the crew bar but it was a no

Same with me in October. Asked the butler if he wanted the sparkling wine and he said he couldn't take it. Left it in the room. Hope someone else enjoyed it!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, uktog said:

15 hours ago, JL87 said:

Same with me in October. Asked the butler if he wanted the sparkling wine and he said he couldn't take it. Left it in the room. Hope someone else enjoyed it!

Could be the rules have changes; could be the individual doesn't drink (for personal and/or religious reasons) and finds it easier to say "I can't" than get into details.

If you sign up for the ultimate beverage package while on board, do you pay based on what day you sign up (e.g., if you sign up on Day 2 or a. 7 day cruise do you just pay for 6 days) or is it for the full cruise regardless of when you sign up?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

If you sign up for the ultimate beverage package while on board, do you pay based on what day you sign up (e.g., if you sign up on Day 2 or a. 7 day cruise do you just pay for 6 days) or is it for the full cruise regardless of when you sign up?

You pay based on what is left when you sign up so in your example a Day 2 sign up would mean you pay 6 days.  Thats why I always say unless there is a Day 1 special offer (seen that only once though) check out what you think of the included drinks on Day 1 and decide on Day 2.  Given you board in the afternoon Day 1 is a short day anyway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, uktog said:

You pay based on what is left when you sign up so in your example a Day 2 sign up would mean you pay 6 days.  Thats why I always say unless there is a Day 1 special offer (seen that only once though) check out what you think of the included drinks on Day 1 and decide on Day 2.  Given you board in the afternoon Day 1 is a short day anyway

Added that point into the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

DH and I were on the Onward Eastern Caribbean from December 12-23.  When we arrived, there were several bottles of alcohol and multiple bottles of water in our cabin.  There was also a small sign delineating  prices for various beverages.  Most of the prices did not match the types/sizes of the bottles we received.  Being first time cruisers, we were confused, so we asked Customer Service and were told that all of the alcohol in our cabin was extra price.  We were in a Veranda cabin and did not have the Ultimate Beverage package.  Does that explain why we would have been charged extra for the alcohol in our cabin and others who have posted here apparently were not ?  I just found the answer to my question in the spreadsheet.  It's "yes"

Here's another question for you more experienced Azamara cruisers:  We have booked a "Club Continent Suite" for our next voyage.  Under "Complimentary Features" on Azamara's website, it lists "Complimentary specialty dining", but doesn't say how many.  Is there a limit to the number of times this benefit can be used?

Edited by islandwoman

18 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

DH and I were on the Onward Eastern Caribbean from December 12-23.  When we arrived, there were several bottles of alcohol and multiple bottles of water in our cabin.  There was also a small sign delineating  prices for various beverages.  Most of the prices did not match the types/sizes of the bottles we received.  Being first time cruisers, we were confused, so we asked Customer Service and were told that all of the alcohol in our cabin was extra price.  We were in a Veranda cabin and did not have the Ultimate Beverage package.  Does that explain why we would have been charged extra for the alcohol in our cabin and others who have posted here apparently were not ?  I just found the answer to my question in the spreadsheet.  It's "yes"

Here's another question for you more experienced Azamara cruisers:  We have booked a "Club Continent Suite" for our next voyage.  Under "Complimentary Features" on Azamara's website, it lists "Complimentary specialty dining", but doesn't say how many.  Is there a limit to the number of times this benefit can be used?

No limit.  But reservations are first come, first served, for everyone on board.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

No limit.  But reservations are first come, first served, for everyone on board.

But the lowly people in Verandas and outside or inside cabins are charged $35 per person.  How many are going to pay that when they've already paid for dinner in the dining room?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

But the lowly people in Verandas and outside or inside cabins are charged $35 per person.  How many are going to pay that when they've already paid for dinner in the dining room?

Lots of people, we have always had a standard balcony on our many Azamara cruises and have at least 50% of our evening meals in the Speciality Restaurants, you can buy  multiple packages which are good value even without OBC.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 7

59 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Being lowly I save money on the cost of my sleeping quarters where I am only in residence awake for a short time. I can spend what I save in speciality, restaurants and other treats on board and still come home, having not paid out as much as a suite would have cost. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

On 12/23/2022 at 6:42 AM, roberts2005 said:

Last May, while on the Onward there was no dry cleaning.

we will be on the Pursuit in January and the Quest in April,  Do these ships still have dry cleaning?

There was Dry Cleaning on the Quest in October and November.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Not everyone in a suite who has complimentary Speciality restaurant access , uses it every night. On our first suite booking earlier this year we ate 6 nights in Speciality  and 5 in main dinning room. Our choice entirely , although we had already paid for speciality in our fare , the food was excellent in both venues and we liked the variety. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, combine said:

Not everyone in a suite who has complimentary Speciality restaurant access , uses it every night. On our first suite booking earlier this year we ate 6 nights in Speciality  and 5 in main dinning room. Our choice entirely , although we had already paid for speciality in our fare , the food was excellent in both venues and we liked the variety. 

agreed...personally not sure I would want to do speciality every night...I like to mix it up with Windows (I always do Indian night) Patio (when open) and Discoveries. Having just returned from a 10 night cruise in CC I chose to only book one night in Prime C and one in Aqualina. (leaving more bookings for others and not having too many fixed dining times) Did 2 Aqualina breakfasts but Windows rest of time.

• Like 7