Best way to book an additional cruise?

tensixmom

Forgive the confusing questions... I am sort of new at this and I hope I can make myself clear.

I have read a bit that if you book another cruise while ON a cruise you get OBC for the new one.

So I ask the experts, what is your strategy? Do you research your next cruise before departure and go with that information in hand? What if you would normally get a "deal" if you'd booked at home, like a sip n sail, or some other promotion? Are those canceled out if you take the OBC for booking while on a cruise, or would those be included? Is the price generally comparable to what I'd find if I booked on line, or are the fares inflated when you book on another cruise?

Is there anything else I should know? We sail in March and I would LOVE to be able to get the best possible deal on a future cruise to Hawaii during the March one, but I don't know enough about the ins and outs to know if I am getting a better deal that I could by just booking online.

TIA!

Forgive the confusing questions... I am sort of new at this and I hope I can make myself clear.

I have read a bit that if you book another cruise while ON a cruise you get OBC for the new one.

So I ask the experts, what is your strategy? Do you research your next cruise before departure and go with that information in hand? What if you would normally get a "deal" if you'd booked at home, like a sip n sail, or some other promotion? Are those canceled out if you take the OBC for booking while on a cruise, or would those be included? Is the price generally comparable to what I'd find if I booked on line, or are the fares inflated when you book on another cruise?

Is there anything else I should know? We sail in March and I would LOVE to be able to get the best possible deal on a future cruise to Hawaii during the March one, but I don't know enough about the ins and outs to know if I am getting a better deal that I could by just booking online.

TIA!

Purchase a Future Cruise Deposit(s), FCD, when you are on board. They are individual, if there are two of you each require one in their name. They are charged directly to your credit card and not to your on board account. The deposit cost is $100 and fully refundable if not used within 2 years. Use to book almost any Princess cruise when you return home (excludes cruises 45 days or longer and also excludes 3rd and 4th passengers in same cabin). Using a FCD to book a cruise will result in OBC which varies from a low of $15/pp to a high of $150/pp based on cabin cat. and length of cruise. For example a 7 to 10 day cruise in a balcony cabin results in $50 OBC.

Certainly purchase at least 1-2 future cruise deposits per person as advised above. That’s one of the best deals going.

We’ve only seen two instances while onboard where there was any additional incentives such as onboard credits given for booking while onboard a Princess voyage. In those instances they only doubled the FCD credits if you booked a futures Caribbean cruise using a FCD while sailing on one in the same.

Chris

We purchased FCD on our last cruise and I felt that we had nothing to lose. If something happens and you can’t book a cruise, it is fully refundable. That’s how I looked at it. Although, we did book a cruise for next year with it, so no refunds here!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So if I book a cruise now to sail January 2020, and then purchase an FCC when on board my next cruise @ Jan 2019, can I apply the FCC to an already booked future cruse?

When you book a cruise, you have to pay a deposit at that time. I can't see how you could use a FCD for a cruise that has already been booked unless you swap your booking to a new one. If the deposit on the original booking is fully refundable, you could cancel that and re-book using the FCD.

We learned our lesson about not having enough FCDs on hand. We took two short cruises back to back and only had one FCD each. We lost on just a little bit of OBC since it was just a 3-day cruise. (We would have gotten $25 per person.) We now have three FCDs on hand. I'll probably buy another one for each of us next month to have on hand. We once had FCDs expire and received a check in the mail. At the time, we had another cruise booked for the next month and knew we could buy additional ones and did not try to extend them.

Oh you purchase the CREDITS. OK. For some reason I had it in my head that you had to choose and book the actual cruise. This seems much easier!

And when you decide to book, you can use the FCD booking with a Travel Agent or directly with Princess. Just let the person know that you do have the FCDs.