Favorite food combos

TheTruth79

What are some of your favorite buffet combos? What do you make your own with what is offered?

For instance, I like to take a small box of cereal and then for dessert, I sprinkle crushed up cereal on my ice cream.

Another thing is to take a biscuit, a chicken tender and make a fried chicken sandwich. I even pour some gravy over the top.

What are some of your ideas??

I love putting bacon in mac N cheese. Get to the buffet BEFORE it closes for breakfast and pick up some bacon and then when the lunch side opens get some Mac N cheese and crumble up or cut up the bacon and add it

Nothing beats an artery clogging Chip Butty. Bread roll, or 2 slices of bread, with chips (fries). Add a little salt, few drops of vinegar and HP Sauce.

I think I have to agree with you. I would certainly prefer having nothing over trying to force that kind of stodge down my throat.

YEP.....grab a hamburger and put a good sized spoonful of cole slaw on it. No ketchup, mustard or relish.

Great idea!...will definitely try it on our next cruise...thanks.

Ours...not quite at the buffet...but when on Celebrity, I hand the person serving the "sorbet" a tall glass. They get confused the first time I do it. Then I whisper to them that I add vodka. I get a big smile every time I come back for more sorbet. Our favorite, the pineapple sorbet with vodka. :D:evilsmile::D

Nothing beats an artery clogging Chip Butty. Bread roll, or 2 slices of bread, with chips (fries). Add a little salt, few drops of vinegar and HP Sauce.

Heidi,

You are my king of girl.

Chip butty Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

or

Bacon butty (but not with the American rubbish), brown sauce and a brew.

Pete

Great idea!...will definitely try it on our next cruise...thanks.

Ours...not quite at the buffet...but when on Celebrity, I hand the person serving the "sorbet" a tall glass. They get confused the first time I do it. Then I whisper to them that I add vodka. I get a big smile every time I come back for more sorbet. Our favorite, the pineapple sorbet with vodka. :D:evilsmile::D

Okay, now THIS, I could get behind.

Instead of getting overly nitrated sliced meats, I go to the carving station get a slice of roast beef or whatever roast beast they have that day, and then go to the salad bar and make a chef salad. I may be the only person I know who eats healthier on a cruise ship than I do at home, but it could be that I don't have to buy 15 things to put in a salad-the ship does that for me. :D

I also lose about 5 pounds on a 7 day cruise-all that walking!

Brown gravy on fries.

NOW you're talkin'. Kennywood has the best ones (Small theme park in Pittsburgh).

Not on the buffet, per se, but the chocolate melting cake on Carnival - get that and ask for some peanut butter. A bit on the end of your spoon with the melting cake.... mmmmm...:hearteyes: