chop chop salad in the MDR on sea days

You create your own from a variety of ingredients and dressings

Yum

And it's not a serve yourself buffet so you don't have to worry about people tainting the ingredients. You just point to what you want them to include (and how much) and they will toss it for you. If I'm not in the mood for a salad, I sometimes go up there just to get some prosciutto and feta (which they usually have)......

Please tell me what is in it???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The tutti salad bar is essentially a large saladbar in the main dining room that is available on sea days. You can pick from a variety of ingredients to create their own custom salad. You can walk around the rather large salad bar area and pick from what interests you. The staff builds it for you.

There are multiple types of lettuce (iceberg, spinach, etc), veggies, toppings and dressings. Usually there are several choices of protein (tuna, ham, chicken, mini shrimp) and as other posters have said you choose items and staff puts the salad together. On most cruises we have been on there is also a stir fry noodle station (again you choose items and staff prepares).

Thank you!

DW just mentioned we would have to get "dressed" so......(n)

Not sure what you mean by dressed. You have to be dressed to go to any food location. MDR would mean shorts/T-shirt - no different than Windjammer at lunchtime. No swimsuits at any food location - unless you have a coverup/shorts/T-shirt.

Not sure what you mean by dressed. You have to be dressed to go to any food location. MDR would mean shorts/T-shirt - no different than Windjammer at lunchtime. No swimsuits at any food location - unless you have a coverup/shorts/T-shirt.

You can wear anything at the WJ - as long as you are not dripping wet ;p .....any boardshorts and T-shirt or Bikini + cover and flip-flops are very fine ....and much more convienient and faster - so we will pass on the MDR....(y)

In April on Serenade, they still had multiple choices, meat, shrimp, olives, everything I could think of to put in a salad. There was also a Hot Bar and a Cold Bar to choose other items from. I didn't have room for more than my salad so I didn't look at them closely. I love sea days just for that lunch. Plus having a completely relaxing day at sea!

If you are not careful , you end up getting a salad big enough for two or three people to eat. Just a little of ten or more items ends up being a LOT...

Completely agree. The first time I made the mistake of ordering something off the menu and going for Tutti salad. Ooops. :o

We have enjoyed the Tutti salad but on our last couple of cruises they have cut back on the number of item available to choose from. The ham and shrimp were not there.

We found this to be the case on Freedom earlier this month. Not horribly disappointing but we did miss the larger variety.

We have enjoyed the Tutti salad but on our last couple of cruises they have cut back on the number of item available to choose from. The ham and shrimp were not there.

Oh No. Say it isn't so. I was just in my glory with a great pick your own ingredients Salad Bar, but ham or shrimp would be my go to Protein options. We shall see with Oasis has to offer. Love going to the MDR for breakfast and lunch.