Proper Dress Attire

m8zenblue

We have cruised a couple of times previously and their were clothing issues expressed to us by other passengers, I know what the Celebrity website says.

Just want to get opinion from others.

1. Are shorts allowed on the first night of cruise ?

I know that some do not get their bags in a timely manner, I think, not sure, we got bags late and we went to dinner in shorts.

2. There seemed to be some discussion amongst passengers on weather Aloha shirts are allowed in MDR.

Our party drew the ire of a couple passengers on weather short sleeve Polo shirts and Aloha shirts are allowed.

These passengers insisted that gentleman should wear long sleeve colared shirts, contrary to the Celebrity website.

Your answers and opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Like it or not, the “Proper Dress Attire” ship has sailed.

Read the suggested dress recommendations for the line you plan to sail, and recognize that there is minimal enforcement of whatever “code” there is. I have seen shorts and tee shirts with flip flops in the MDR on HAL, Celebrity, Princess, and Royal Caribbean.

I do not think it makes for an attractive dining environment, but cruising is essentially what the cruising public wants it to be, and that public has spoken and the lines have listened.

We have cruised a couple of times previously and their were clothing issues expressed to us by other passengers, I know what the Celebrity website says.

1. Are shorts allowed on the first night of cruise ?

I know that some do not get their bags in a timely manner, I think, not sure, we got bags late and we went to dinner in shorts.

2. There seemed to be some discussion amongst passengers on weather Aloha shirts are allowed in MDR.

Our party drew the ire of a couple passengers on weather short sleeve Polo shirts and Aloha shirts are allowed.

These passengers insisted that gentleman should wear long sleeve colared shirts, contrary to the Celebrity website.

Sailed on Celebrity in July (Alaska)

Plenty of polo shirts in the dining room, several Hawaiian shirts. Business casual type clothes. A lot of people wore non-worn out jeans with sneakers every night in the MDR.

There were some shorts, one of our people was turned away one night, returned in jeans. We saw other people not turned away.

Those critics deserved not much more than an eye roll.

1. Are shorts allowed on the first night of cruise ? Yes.

2. There seemed to be some discussion amongst passengers on weather Aloha shirts are allowed in MDR. Our party drew the ire of a couple passengers on weather short sleeve Polo shirts and Aloha shirts are allowed. Yes. Both are allowed in the MDR for all evenings.

These passengers insisted that gentleman should wear long sleeve colared shirts, contrary to the Celebrity website. Wrong!

Answers in Red.

Those in Aloha and Polo shirts will already be more well-dressed than several other diners in the MDR, so yes, perfectly fine.

One's food will taste the same regardless of the attire of other passengers. Your dining experience will only be affected if you allow it to be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

For the luggage reasons stated in your OP, the dress code is generally relaxed on the first night, especially for first seating. Many pax have not received cases in time to change for dinner.

Have never experienced any issues with Golf/Polo shirts at dinner.