Any "Overage" Charge in Michael's Club

garyl62

After reading several threads where people have said the bartenders in MC have gone and found certain brands of alcohol if they didn’t have it when someone first asked, I’m wondering if anyone has experience ordering a drink in MC that normally is priced above the per drink allowance and if there was any charge made.* For example, if dining in Luminae and you order a glass of wine that lists for $25 per glass we’d be charged the amount that is over the premium allowance so I’m wondering what would happen if we ordered that same wine in MC.* Could be they'd say they don’t have it there, and can’t get it, but noting how willing they are to accommodate your requests I could see them getting some, but then would there still be the extra charge? Just curious if anyone has experienced this.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

Even though they have a lot of leeway in Michaels Club they will have a limit and might have to clear some beverages with management before they will provide them. It also is probably dependent on the type of suite you are in to be approved for a much more expensive beverage.

garyl62: Our experience has been that as long as the food and beverage managers approve the MC bartender's order the MC bartender can serve the beverage. And there is never any sort of "overage" charge.

I was once is MC when the Captain was present. A high number Zenith member ordered his usual whiskey and said "It's a shame that they don't serve (a forgot the name). I was told that this is a very expensive Whiskey. The Captain said to the bartender: "Get it for him" and he did. No charge to the passenger.

An Overage charge?!

I've run into some pretty old seeming people in there, but none spoke of being charged for being "overaged".

As I'm headed up that way, if there is a charge I'd like to know what age it kicks in...maybe stop in the spa for some botox before heading into MC...

Edited by cmhdoogalsatsea

I always have premium so I haven't really looked but I have never seen anyone have to sign in Michael's. Since the sky's were given access they have got a lot tighter on not carrying drinks outside and the open fridges for non alcoholic drinks seem to have vanished. But the whole point is open (even if open is in fact limited) luxury.

Last cruise we were on the captain's invite with 6 other elite + and zenith, some not also booked into a suite. We started in Michael's and I did ask permission to bring back a couple we had got talking to during dinner. The concierge said that was OK and they were not charged for drinks in Michael's -although they had been whilst we had even sitting in the bar outside.

An Overage charge?!

I've run into some pretty old seeming people in there, but none spoke of being charged for being "overaged".

As I'm headed up that way, if there is a charge I'd like to know what age it kicks in...maybe stop in the spa for some botox before heading into MC...

Guess it all depends on if we're talking nouns or adjectives....

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

I always have premium so I haven't really looked but I have never seen anyone have to sign in Michael's. Since the sky's were given access they have got a lot tighter on not carrying drinks outside.

Definitely not in my experience. In fact my last cruise I had to sneak out or the bartender would insist on sending me away with some drinks-to-go. If drinking wine, people were always offered to be topped off as leaving.

Normally they get me what I want without an issue in MC. Onboard Equinox currently and they refuse to get me a specific $10 per glass wine. Tonight I will get two at the Gastro Bar with my free Celebrity provided premium package and carry them in to MC.

Normally they get me what I want without an issue in MC. Onboard Equinox currently and they refuse to get me a specific $10 per glass wine. Tonight I will get two at the Gastro Bar with my free Celebrity provided premium package and carry them in to MC.

It always amazes me when I read a post like this. In my experience, the MCC and bar staff in Michael's Club have always gone above and beyond to get whatever anyone wanted. I even had the MCC arrange to have a few bottles of a particular alcohol brought onto the ship in one of the ports when she discovered that's what I wanted to drink and none was to be found on Summit. And then you run into some personnel who don't care at all about what you want and have no customer service capabilities. Amazing......

No Caymus [emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank goodness!

It would be current release! I do not support killing baby wines! Especially good Cab and Bordeaux! Let it grow to a nice 10 years or so...

Can you tell me who the bartender is in MC. We will be joining Equinox next week. I've seen this type of behavior in MC before and it's generally the bar manager doesn't approve something, it's not the bartender. On one cruise they wouldn't serve a Blue Moon in MC where you could get it in Sky Lounge.

I always have premium so I haven't really looked but I have never seen anyone have to sign in Michael's. Since the sky's were given access they have got a lot tighter on not carrying drinks outside and the open fridges for non alcoholic drinks seem to have vanished. But the whole point is open (even if open is in fact limited) luxury.

We've only cruised one suite so far, and it was a Sky. I certainly did NOT experience this. We did stick with the normal menu as we both found it fine, but the bartender was quite willing to get something else for us, and said so repeatedly! And, we walked out with drinks...

I had requested a wine thru the shore side concierge that apparently they dont stock anymore. I emailed the shore side concierge about the issue and she replied that she is "working" the issue with the MCC and suite manager. There was a line at Gastro Bar tonight so I ended up getting a very nice $15 per glass wine at Ensamble that I carried into MC. The MCC on here only talks to the penthouse and royal suite guests. Very sad the deterioration of MC!!!

Sent from my LGUS997 using Forums mobile app

I had requested a wine thru the shore side concierge that apparently they dont stock anymore. I emailed the shore side concierge about the issue and she replied that she is "working" the issue with the MCC and suite manager. There was a line at Gastro Bar tonight so I ended up getting a very nice $15 per glass wine at Ensamble that I carried into MC. The MCC on here only talks to the penthouse and royal suite guests. Very sad the deterioration of MC!!!

Sent from my LGUS997 using Forums mobile app

That is just not right. All suite guests are suppose to be welcome in MC and for the Concierge to ignore everyone but the RS and PS guests is bothersome. I assume you are in a "lowly" CS since you were contacted by the shore side concierge. Have you asked to speak with the suite's manager?

That is just not right. All suite guests are suppose to be welcome in MC and for the Concierge to ignore everyone but the RS and PS guests is bothersome. I assume you are in a "lowly" CS since you were contacted by the shore side concierge. Have you asked to speak with the suite's manager?

TommyD3 is a double Zenith! I was on Equinox a few weeks ago and the staff in MC was really inexperienced. The ship seemed to only tolerate Zeniths. No dinner invitations and only a lunch where Suite passengers were also invited. Every other ship doing a lunch has one for Zeniths and another for Suites. By separating the luncheons more Suite passenger can be invited. Many staff changes since I left Equinox and perhaps there will be some differences.

In fairness I should add that there are several outstanding staff on Equinox including Satoko, Flavio and CC Hostess Hester.

Edited by Orator