USDA Meat grades

zorrosuncle

I echo what others said about the Pinnacle Grill. I can’t tell you what the grade is, but it was one of the most succulent steaks I’ve ever had at sea on any cruise line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This has long been my post-cruise evaluation comment: please smaller portions, but better grade meat. I continue to suggest the same thing after every cruise. Inconsistent is the best meat grade description. Sometimes excellent; other times not.

Which is too bad, particularly at the Pinnacle. That should be prime or close to prime. And again, I would happily take much, much smaller portions, if the quality were really excellent. Savor the journey ...... as they say.

It is not prime. You can count on that. It is also known for its inconsistency.

Prime/Choice: whatever. I don't know. Inconsistent quality? I do agree.

The switch of Pinnacle Grill providers of beef from Sterling Silver to the new company that provides beef from grass-fed cows has resulted in a decrease in flavor, texture, and quality in my opinion.

I have ordered more beef entrees in the PG with the new provider that I have not fully enjoyed as compared to when Sterling Silver beef was being used.

This has long been my post-cruise evaluation comment: please smaller portions, but better grade meat. I continue to suggest the same thing after every cruise. Inconsistent is the best meat grade description. Sometimes excellent; other times not.

Which is too bad, particularly at the Pinnacle. That should be prime or close to prime. And again, I would happily take much, much smaller portions, if the quality were really excellent. Savor the journey ...... as they say.

The best Prime meat is corn fed beef , Seriously doubt that HAL carries that quality anywhere on it's vessels :rolleyes:

The best Prime meat is corn fed beef , Seriously doubt that HAL carries that quality anywhere on it's vessels :rolleyes:

I thought grass fed beef is a lot better: 'Besides health benefits, grass-fed meat is better for the economy, the environment, the farmers, and the animals.'

I thought grass fed beef is a lot better: 'Besides health benefits, grass-fed meat is better for the economy, the environment, the farmers, and the animals.'

No opinion as to "better for the economy, the environment, the farmers, and the animals" because I have no expertise in any of these areas related to the topic of grass-fed vs. corn-fed beef.

As to the taste question, I have expressed my opinion. My taste buds prefer corn-fed beef.

To each his/her own and that is as it should be.

To me, it is the marbling of the beef that makes the difference. Well-marbled fat rules. Which is why I like much smaller portions - enough taste and calories in a small piece to make the dining experience exceptional. Lean meat is good for stews, but not much else.

Agree, grass fed does have a different taste and fat distribution. Also agree, corn fed is bad news regardless of its far lovelier taste and marbling. I think I'll stick with the pasta.